Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sets/reps/excercise selection
(09-17-2016, 12:12 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Kyle,

Firstly, you need to distingue Set Type. You're taking about Loading sets here.

I would use the Overview sheets not the Training logs for the purpose of following the program. The info. is set up there more cleanly for seeing the big picture. (Don't even look at the logs for now.)

The alternation between exercise for Loading sets is called zig-zagging. From the book:

"Alternate Sets of Compound Exercises with Isolation Exercises (free weights when possible) for the same muscle group. I call this back n' forth alternation between compound, multi-joint exercises and isolation (mainly single joint) exercises 'zig-zagging.'"

(Search the board - this one has been asked about quite a few times.)

If a Tier calls for 4 sets, this is 2 sets of compound exercises with 2 sets of isolation exercises. If the muscle group is chest, the zig-zagging pattern would typically be press--> Fly --> Press --> Fly. For Thights, it could be squat --> knee ext --> Squat --> Ham Curl --> Squat

Take Tier II for back, where it calls for 3 sets, you'd zig zag between width and thickness exercises, but do two sets of one exercise and 1 set of another. You'd pick the exercise you do more sets wth depending on what your physique needs in terms of growth (and perhaps other nuances of how you're training, e.g., muscle rounds that you like to do, etc.)

If a Tier Calls for 1 sets, you'd do one compound, and thus not technically zig-zag. (This is self-evident, mathematically, so I choose not to explain this in this version of the book, but it is understandably a question that some have, so I mention it here.)

-S

Nice this clears some stuff up for me thanks Scott. Do u do warm up sets for pump sets or just jump into the set for sets required? Guessing due to it being lighter weight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(03-17-2017, 01:46 AM)Powerof2 Wrote: Nice this clears some stuff up for me thanks Scott. Do u do warm up sets for pump sets or just jump into the set for sets required? Guessing due to it being lighter weight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warm-ups are done if one needs to warm-up, not if that's not the case. (This has been asked quite a few times here, now. Smile )

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.