Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FT Questions....
(03-29-2017, 04:28 AM)Altamir Wrote: Your on the track. Loading sets (outside of adducts) are straight sets, done in a continuous style, only the final compound set, and ALL isolation sets are taken to failure. See pages 87 and 88

Adducts are done RP style, how many RP sets you do depends on which tier you are doing. The footnote (aka section sign / §)you are talking about is only after Adducts. No other set. Hope this helps! Smile

So for adducts, am I doing it wrong by just doing say a set of 10?
(03-29-2017, 05:53 AM)732mikee Wrote: So for adducts, am I doing it wrong by just doing say a set of 10?

Tier 1 is a set to failure (lets say 10?), Tier 2 is a 2 RP set, done DC style. So a set to failure (lets say 10) roughly 12-15 deep breaths, so about 15-20 second break, and another set to failure. (I usually get 3). Tier 3 is another 12-15 deep breaths, and another set after that (usually 1) on page 103 it says you should get (15-20) between your two sets for Tier 2, and (20-30) for Tier 3. But my adductors seem to not recovery quickly between sets!

If you are familiar with DC style RP sets. They are sort of like MRs, but you fail each cluster set instead of just do your 4 reps and rest.
Thanks for the explanation, I've never done RP sets before, besides MR's. Next week I'll give this a go. Always learning with FT!!
(03-28-2017, 11:15 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: I'd not minimized the utility of your log book. You're smart to key in on how you feel (keeping in mind that the pump sets and TYPE OF STRETCH can be used to adjust the stress overall), but if you're making progress with the log book (and in the mirror), I'd not adjust too much.

Is the struggle in your mind (can't wrap your head around it / seems strange), actually setting up the diet (food selection) and/or eating the food?

I think i mentioned this before, but if you are changing number of things at once, it'll be tough to figure out what's affecting what.

(That way of describing your diet is hard to follow, if you're looking for feedback. Simply writing it out meal by meal is much more intelligible, IMO. Smile )

-S

On other? For u Scott. The aggressive and less aggressive approach on non training days. What do u recommend for grow? If one is gaining on less aggressive should he just stay there. I.e. Are lower carb days more benefit for keeping fat off and increasing insulin response on training days. I'm running about 130 carbs on non training day. Mostly due to only having one solid meal after trying so I eat carbs first thing in the morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(03-29-2017, 02:35 AM)Dx2 Wrote: Thx for the reply

I was a bit confused because the note sheets''logs'' speak of a DC style RP set with 3failure points.

So its always straight sets to failure

except adducts (these are done RP style)?

Where you see a "*" or another symbol in the OVERVIEW sheets, this refers to the specific note at the bottom of the sheet and ONLY applies to the places where you see the matching symbol. Smile

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(03-29-2017, 03:10 AM)Powerof2 Wrote: Just the mentality of not eating carbs all day to grow. Having so much fat and staying lean. I guess u could say I fall into the old school of thought. After studying a good amount and trying to suck in all yours /johns/ and a few podcasts that are somewhat on the same page as you. I'm more convinced that switching is going to be a good move! I'm already liking the ability eat on training days and not be so dam full from stuffing my face all week( feeling how metabolic flex work) . I can't say enough how much I'm loving the training. It's like I got a spark back that died off a bit from doing every training program that was just another twist on the old 3 day split.

I have a lot of respect for how much You give to people without wanting ur palms greased. I have spent a hell of a lot more $ for training and advice only getting something I already have Heard or seen already.

Thank you

Thanks for the kind words. (I'm now getting folks on some boards - I think you know about this... - who are coming as me as a scammer, so this tells me I'm actually, ironically, on the right track...)

You'll be just fine with the diet, I think. I'd say to just give it a go for a while and make up your own mind. What you learn in just 6-8 weeks could be invaluable in the future. Smile

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(03-29-2017, 10:05 AM)Powerof2 Wrote: On other? For u Scott. The aggressive and less aggressive approach on non training days. What do u recommend for grow? If one is gaining on less aggressive should he just stay there. I.e. Are lower carb days more benefit for keeping fat off and increasing insulin response on training days. I'm running about 130 carbs on non training day. Mostly due to only having one solid meal after trying so I eat carbs first thing in the morning

If it works, why change it?...

Check out page 117 in the book r.e. the non-training day dietary possibilities. But yes, the lower carb approach will increase insulin sensitivity and potentially amplify any benefit of the nutrient timing. (Also, lowering the carbs makes it quite easy to get in adequate protein and keep kcal low if one's wanting to carefully titrate kcal upward and avoid gaining fat too quickly.)

-S
-Scott

So after earlier posting about potentially using a tier 3 for shoulders and training on tier 2 for everything else, I have been well and truly smashed and am only half way through week 3 of first blast. Next blast I will begin with volume tier 1! This week I have performed my 2 loading days which are on Monday and Tuesday which is likely not ideal. I am using the turbo version and unable to train Wednesdays or Sundays, so felt it better to place loading days next to each other, rather than muscle round days. With Monday and Tuesday sessions already done, would the best way to cruise to be to miss the other two sessions this week meaning I have Weds-Sun off training and then start next blast Monday? My plan was to cruise next week by performing tier 1 muscle round sessions on Mon and Thurs, but am having to cruise early.
(03-29-2017, 11:29 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: If it works, why change it?...

Check out page 117 in the book r.e. the non-training day dietary possibilities. But yes, the lower carb approach will increase insulin sensitivity and potentially amplify any benefit of the nutrient timing. (Also, lowering the carbs makes it quite easy to get in adequate protein and keep kcal low if one's wanting to carefully titrate kcal upward and avoid gaining fat too quickly.)

-S

Getting in just over 300 carbs and 1900 calories in pre/intra/post with a solid meal was kind of a stretch. Especially in my guts[emoji6]. I had one 50 gram carb meal 3 hrs before the gym.

I'm thinking I might have to have another one 2 hours before. so @ 1200 50g. 50g @ 200. Then go into preworkout @ 5. Will this be ok or should I just stick forcing it down in one big meal as far as gains go

I have another maybe ''stupid'' question about warm up for tier 1 lower load upper pump .

So today i did this :

Warm up for Pit shark belt squat:
pit shark belt squat to failure at 14reps weight was too light

somersault squats : warm up then 11reps to failure

GHR , warmup en then ghr to failure

But i think its suppose to be

belt squat warm ups
Somersault squats warm ups
ghr warm ups

after all warm ups for the 3exercises

1working set to failure pit shark belt squat
Rest
1working set to failure Somersault squats
rest
1working sets to failure GHR.

With previous routines for same muscle group (legs) i always did after the first exercise one FEEL set .(set if 5reps to feel how much i can do en adjust the weight)

Love this system but its completely new for my since i am a fetishist for graphics and numbers and %'es
So my previous routines i always worked with a volume/intensity taper since ive noticed as a natural lifter the numbers(weight) needs to go up to see results.

Ps: I also have problems with keeping track of how many reps i did for a certain set.

With muscle rounds i tend to loose track on what set i was, and with pumps sets the same dunno if i did 20 reps or 30 Blush