Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Introduce Yourself: If you've never Posted, Post here please...
Hello All,

My name Joel and I am going to be 41 here shortly. I am a lifelong lifter (started too young at 11-12) who grew up in the shadow of an uncle that was going pro in bodybuilding. I took a hiatus from lifting regularly during much of grad school and I am now a teaching economist (college level), with seven kids and a wife.

Like many I weigh too much (and then some) and I have been lifting a lot of volume as I get older to keep from getting too heavy on my lifts (really trying to avoid joint problems, but it has not been working). I hired a well know nutritionist (BB and General Pop) to work with me last year and had some success losing weight, but not a lot. It seems the second I let off the pedal on dropping calories that my body craves to go higher (without actually adding calories back in). On the nutritionist suggestion, I looked at the volume of my training (he suggested I am doing too much) and tried out a few things before FT.

I purchased the book (and subscribed) three months ago and have now run two rounds of FT. I have been happy with the book (best fitness purchase yet) and the program (for the most part). After using too much volume for decades it is nice to use a program and just do it (quicker in the gym too).

Thanks Scott for the resources and the help (vids are awesome). You do make a difference and I am glad to see that you seem to have not sold out.

-Joel
(02-14-2018, 04:07 AM)Jackedsquirrel Wrote: Hello All,

My name Joel and I am going to be 41 here shortly. I am a lifelong lifter (started too young at 11-12) who grew up in the shadow of an uncle that was going pro in bodybuilding. I took a hiatus from lifting regularly during much of grad school and I am now a teaching economist (college level), with seven kids and a wife.

Like many I weigh too much (and then some) and I have been lifting a lot of volume as I get older to keep from getting too heavy on my lifts (really trying to avoid joint problems, but it has not been working). I hired a well know nutritionist (BB and General Pop) to work with me last year and had some success losing weight, but not a lot. It seems the second I let off the pedal on dropping calories that my body craves to go higher (without actually adding calories back in). On the nutritionist suggestion, I looked at the volume of my training (he suggested I am doing too much) and tried out a few things before FT.

I purchased the book (and subscribed) three months ago and have now run two rounds of FT. I have been happy with the book (best fitness purchase yet) and the program (for the most part). After using too much volume for decades it is nice to use a program and just do it (quicker in the gym too).

Thanks Scott for the resources and the help (vids are awesome). You do make a difference and I am glad to see that you seem to have not sold out.

-Joel

Joel - THANK YOU for that!

Did your fat loss pick up now that you've been doing FT?... (How 'bout the joints?... )

Glad you like the IG vids. Smile (I get shit now n' again b/c folks sometimes presume that all I do is "trick" exercise... LOL)

Not selling out, man. I'm not pretty enough to make that happen anyway, plus I like to think I've got too much good info. to get out there to spend time with fluffy stuff.

As an aside, I had someone troll me pretty hard on IG, calling me a "money grabber" b/c I charge for the website. It dawned on me that my strategy of the dime a day membership, which is free if you've bought the e-book has worked REALLY well to keep the trolls out! (I think some of it too is that discussion boards are dying a bit, which is a shame b/c I think they're far superior to FB and IG as far as conveying info.)

Welcome, Joel!

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Hi Scott,

I wonder if you could provide advice for me re - supplementation (specifically SARMS). I've posted before and am currently at the end of my second cruise and ready to enter my third blast. I'm progressing my lifts well and am seeing improvements in my physique. However, I am 40 years old have only returned to training for 1 year (9 weeks FT) and am considering stacking MK677 with Ostarine as I am looking to bulk up over a 12 week phase. FYI - I've never used super-supps - bloods are normal range, so this would be a completely new dimension to me. Do you have any thoughts?
(02-16-2018, 11:07 PM)Karl Topham Wrote: Hi Scott,

I wonder if you could provide advice for me re - supplementation (specifically SARMS). I've posted before and am currently at the end of my second cruise and ready to enter my third blast. I'm progressing my lifts well and am seeing improvements in my physique. However, I am 40 years old have only returned to training for 1 year (9 weeks FT) and am considering stacking MK677 with Ostarine as I am looking to bulk up over a 12 week phase. FYI - I've never used super-supps - bloods are normal range, so this would be a completely new dimension to me. Do you have any thoughts?

Hey Karl,

Well, despite how folks generally refer to SARMs (and MK677), as far as I know, they aren't legally for sale for personal use (in the US), so I'm not going to dip into that.

Frankly, in line with my "get the most from the least" philosophy, it sounds like you've got more gains to be had before you were to start either of those.

AFAIK, all SARMS will disrupt the HPTA to some degree, so given your age, you may be more prone to a compound-induced hypogonadism if you were to use a SARM, meaning you'd need some sort of PCT after using ostarine, for instance. There is a lot of variability in this. If you're eugonadal (testosterone levels are normal), you'd be less likely to benefit (but this would favor your HPTA being able to come back).

So, I'd just keep eeking out gains with what you're doing for now, my man.

[As an aside MK-677 can cause significant water retention in some folks (dose dependent) and its effects on GH output wane over the course of a couple weeks, so that might not fit with what you were planning for your bulking period, if you were hoping for a clean / dry bulk, so to speak. Smile ]

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Wink 
(02-17-2018, 01:36 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Hey Karl,

Well, despite how folks generally refer to SARMs (and MK677), as far as I know, they aren't legally for sale for personal use (in the US), so I'm not going to dip into that.

Frankly, in line with my "get the most from the least" philosophy, it sounds like you've got more gains to be had before you were to start either of those.

AFAIK, all SARMS will disrupt the HPTA to some degree, so given your age, you may be more prone to a compound-induced hypogonadism if you were to use a SARM, meaning you'd need some sort of PCT after using ostarine, for instance. There is a lot of variability in this. If you're eugonadal (testosterone levels are normal), you'd be less likely to benefit (but this would favor your HPTA being able to come back).

So, I'd just keep eeking out gains with what you're doing for now, my man.

[As an aside MK-677 can cause significant water retention in some folks (dose dependent) and its effects on GH output wane over the course of a couple weeks, so that might not fit with what you were planning for your bulking period, if you were hoping for a clean / dry bulk, so to speak. Smile ]

-S

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question Scott. Looks more trouble than it's worth I've got plenty of that as it is! Things are going in the right direction so I'll stick to what's working.
(02-17-2018, 06:01 AM)Karl Topham Wrote: Thanks for taking the time to answer my question Scott. Looks more trouble than it's worth I've got plenty of that as it is! Things are going in the right direction so I'll stick to what's working.

Good call!!!

Smile

-S
-Scott

Hi,

just wanted to say hello. Bought the book yesterday and did my first workout today.

Kind regards
Alfred
(02-26-2018, 05:05 AM)ben0911 Wrote: Hi,

just wanted to say hello. Bought the book yesterday and did my first workout today.

Kind regards
Alfred

Welcome!!!

-S
-Scott

HI Scott,
My name is Charlie Bannigan. Been following Fortitude since i stopped working with Jordan Peters last year as needed surgery after last comp.
my transaction ID is xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cheers
Charlie
(03-06-2018, 11:58 PM)banners70 Wrote: HI Scott,
My name is Charlie Bannigan. Been following Fortitude since i stopped working with Jordan Peters last year as needed surgery after last comp.
my transaction ID is xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cheers
Charlie

Charlie,

Welcome!

Send me a private message with that info. if you could. Smile

-Scott
-Scott