Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FT Questions....
(03-17-2019, 09:13 AM)Storm Wrote: Scott,

I have a home gym (yay!). Between family, work and work travel, I can most easily get in about 5 short(ish) workouts per week vs longer workouts.

Days 1 and 2 (basic plan, tier 1) take me the longest to complete. Are there downsides to moving the pump sets from Day 1 & 2 to separate days?

Day 1: Lower loading
Day 2: upper loading
Day 3: lower pump
Day 4: upper pump
(Or maybe combine day 3 & 4 for a full body pump day?)
Day 5: lower muscle rounds
Day 6: upper muscle rounds

I would rotate through the workouts about 5 days a week, maybe 2 on, 1 off, repeat.

Any feedback or advice is appreciated!

Storm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Storm,

I'd search the site - I've covered this one a few times now. Smile

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(03-18-2019, 02:11 AM)Stewilliams Wrote: I am thinking about using the 3 day a week fortitude plan but would just like some feedback on "y'all's" experience with it. Bodybuilding is no longer a priority of mine but I still like to train and love the structure of FT. My training at present involves:
- Early morning Cardio 7 days a week.
- Yoga once a week.
- Resistance training 4 days a week.
- Also have recently started rock climbing/bouldering and intend on doing that once a week.

My only concern with FT (tier 1) in the past is that it completely drains me mentally and physically. Have any of you who have used the 3 day (family man) plan noticed a difference in energy levels vs traditional FT?

Just to clarify, I am by no means knocking the FT training system as I grew like a weed when using it!

I would ask yourself what you're looking for as far as others' input, if you already know that FT completely drains you mentally and physically?... Smile Smile Smile

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(03-19-2019, 02:33 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: I would ask yourself what you're looking for as far as others' input, if you already know that FT completely drains you mentally and physically?... Smile Smile Smile

-S

Basically whether 3 days a week vs 4 is noticeably less “taxing” for those who have made the switch. I’m basically just hoping someone tells me it’ll be manageable so that I can justify using ft again. SleepyAngel
(03-19-2019, 02:32 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Storm,

I'd search the site - I've covered this one a few times now. Smile

-S

Scott - Roger that, I did several searches before asking. What I found was your guidance on stretching in between warmup sets for the next exercise. I see how that will speed up the session (which I’ll implement immediately).

But I couldn’t find a thread where you addressed this specific idea of splitting up loading/pump days into separate sessions. Apologies, maybe I just did not found the right search keywords. Thanks again.

Storm

(03-20-2019, 03:12 AM)Storm Wrote: Scott - Roger that, I did several searches before asking. What I found was your guidance on stretching in between warmup sets for the next exercise. I see how that will speed up the session (which I’ll implement immediately).

But I couldn’t find a thread where you addressed this specific idea of splitting up loading/pump days into separate sessions. Apologies, maybe I just did not found the right search keywords. Thanks again.

Storm

Annnnnnd of course now I found it. Sorry!

(03-20-2019, 01:17 AM)Stewilliams Wrote: Basically whether 3 days a week vs 4 is noticeably less “taxing” for those who have made the switch. I’m basically just hoping someone tells me it’ll be manageable so that I can justify using ft again. SleepyAngel

I was following a "modified" version of FT 4 times per week. I brought volume to the roof...and at the end of 6 weeks I was DESTROYED and I got a minor injury.
I "deloaded" for 9 days (2 low volume sessions) and I stared with a lower volume version and I plan to ramp up the volume in the next weeks...
what I can tell? just cutting 25% of weekly volume makes a huge difference. I was energic and more motivated.

PS:I 41 and I've a very stressful job.
(03-20-2019, 03:12 AM)Storm Wrote: Scott - Roger that, I did several searches before asking. What I found was your guidance on stretching in between warmup sets for the next exercise. I see how that will speed up the session (which I’ll implement immediately).

Storm

http://drscottstevenson.com/forum/thread...l#pid17183

http://drscottstevenson.com/forum/thread...l#pid15866

http://drscottstevenson.com/forum/thread...g#pid15569

Smile

-S
-Scott

Scott,
I feel great with the turbo version.
I've only a problem with legs day 3 and 4.
I "feel" the volume is too low for me. Maybe because I'm not strong or maybe because I'm not able to "contract" my legs very well, but 1MR+2 pump sets are like "nothing" for me.
For the record, during last weeks, I increased my quads size using a lot of pumps sets and occlusion stretching between sets. I "fell" my legs workout using light weights and high reps.
I have 2 options:
a) continue with low volume, trying to become stronger (maybe if I'm less fatigued, I can rise the lifts)
b) increase there volume

In this last case, that can I do? increasing pump sets for quads and hams or adding one MR?
(03-22-2019, 03:08 AM)duchaine Wrote: Scott,
I feel great with the turbo version.
I've only a problem with legs day 3 and 4.
I "feel" the volume is too low for me. Maybe because I'm not strong or maybe because I'm not able to "contract" my legs very well, but 1MR+2 pump sets are like "nothing" for me.
For the record, during last weeks, I increased my quads size using a lot of pumps sets and occlusion stretching between sets. I "fell" my legs workout using light weights and high reps.
I have 2 options:
a) continue with low volume, trying to become stronger (maybe if I'm less fatigued, I can rise the lifts)
b) increase there volume

In this last case, that can I do? increasing pump sets for quads and hams or adding one MR?

What are your goals and are you progressing towards them?...

-S
-Scott

(03-22-2019, 11:14 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: What are your goals and are you progressing towards them?...

-S

Scott, At the moment I'm eating at mantainance to avoid any kind of stress. At the same time, I reduced training volume because I was "overtrained" and I got injured (I've cervical pains, especially behind the head, and vertigo...and a minor facial palsy).
I got legs size using higher volume. I can0t tell if the lower volume approach can work because I've been using it only for one week.

I'm trying to keep the muscle gained during the last 2 months and, if god wants, graying to add another pound of lean muscle in the next months.

If 'll feel better, I'll start my cals cycling, that works quite well for me...