Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FT Questions....
(07-05-2019, 10:06 AM)duchaine Wrote: Thanks Scott.
From my personal experience, I agree with you to take a day off between day 1 and 2 of FT.
Because I do not have a great social life at the moment, sometimes I go to the gym on Sunday while Monday is rest.
training sunset instead of Monday, I can handle more volume and I have better workouts!

Strangely, even if MR are more taxing than "regular" sets, I can handle 2 consecutive days for MR.

Ah, I understand training from this perspective.

As far as MRs vs. regular sets, that depends upon context. (I"m not sure if your'e talking out FT specifically here or just if you were to compare the same number of straight sets (taken to failure) vs. MRs with the same load...)

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
hi scot,

i have readed fortitude training and be your own bodybuilding coach. the training has been spot on for as of lately getting stronger
feeling much fuller ( i am on a cut also i am enhanced). but soon i go from a cut to a bulk or lean bulk and thats exactly my question.

-when enhanced(aka steroids) and lets say you eat 500kcal surplus on a maintenance that can fluctuate on a daily basis i understand. but does that allow maximal muscle gains? Or lets say a 1000kcal surplus or does this only cause an increase in fat gain? i also understand this highly genetic but lets say for a rough estimate.

-also seem to notice that david henry remains very lean in his bulk. i know when he started dc training and fortitude training he gained tremendous weight while also lean?

dr scot stevenson your my to go guy and i sometimes speak yo you on instagram! i hope the questions are a little bit clear cause english is not my native language.
(07-20-2019, 02:40 PM)Masterblaster Wrote: hi scot,

i have readed fortitude training and be your own bodybuilding coach. the training has been spot on for as of lately getting stronger
feeling much fuller ( i am on a cut also i am enhanced). but soon i go from a cut to a bulk or lean bulk and thats exactly my question.

-when enhanced(aka steroids) and lets say you eat 500kcal surplus on a maintenance that can fluctuate on a daily basis i understand. but does that allow maximal muscle gains? Or lets say a 1000kcal surplus or does this only cause an increase in fat gain? i also understand this highly genetic but lets say for a rough estimate.

-also seem to notice that david henry remains very lean in his bulk. i know when he started dc training and fortitude training he gained tremendous weight while also lean?

dr scot stevenson your my to go guy and i sometimes speak yo you on instagram! i hope the questions are a little bit clear cause english is not my native language.

I've answered this where you posted it here:

http://drscottstevenson.com/forum/thread...l#pid21602
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
I like the load and pumping days for lower body.
I "feel" I need heavy load for upper body. So, I changed my schedule and I have an hydride day 1 and 2 for upper body.
For example, 2 sets heavy bench press + 1 pec deck pump set in the same day.
What do you think?
(07-21-2019, 09:24 AM)duchaine Wrote: I like the load and pumping days for lower body.
I "feel" I need heavy load for upper body. So, I changed my schedule and I have an hydride day 1 and 2 for upper body.
For example, 2 sets heavy bench press + 1 pec deck pump set in the same day.
What do you think?

I think your justification for making the change is weak. Smile

Bench press is also a renowned cause of pec and shoulder injuries, so I often make folks aware of that.

-S
-Scott

Hey Scott !

What do you think of incorporating prowler / spin bike sprints as a method for thigh pump sets?

Calf raise into ham curl into 60s prowler push for example
Fortitude Training 2.0 ???

Scott from your last podcasts I can see there will be 'updated' version of Fortitude Training

please tell us more about this project Smile
(11-09-2019, 01:35 AM)patjohnhyde Wrote: Hey Scott !

What do you think of incorporating prowler / spin bike sprints as a method for thigh pump sets?

Calf raise into ham curl into 60s prowler push for example

I think it's a different stimulus from the continuous concentric / eccentric contraction under continuous (much slower contractions) tension than those kinds or sprints. It would be in inferior means of producing muscle growth for most people, IMO.

-S
-Scott

(11-20-2019, 07:45 PM)zmt Wrote: Fortitude Training 2.0 ???

Scott from your last podcasts I can see there will be 'updated' version of Fortitude Training

please tell us more about this project Smile

You may have also heard that I regretted mentioning it b/c I'm asked this question so often now... LOL Wink (I'm laughing here, but it's true.)

It's an updated version of the book and I don't know what will be different until it's written.

Expect it a couple years from now. Smile

-S
-Scott

(11-20-2019, 10:37 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: You may have also heard that I regretted mentioning it b/c I'm asked this question so often now... LOL Wink (I'm laughing here, but it's true.)

It's an updated version of the book and I don't know what will be different until it's written.

Expect it a couple years from now. Smile

-S

Can't you just write it tonight and release it tomorrow?