Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RDL for back loading set?
hi guys, I have already done a search, but I have not found an answer.

What do you think of rdl as a movement for back thickness loading sets?
does anyone use it?
Why would you you choose this exercise for back thickness?...

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
usually for the thickness exercise in the 3 rotations I choose 2 rows moviment and 1 deadlift's variant (such floor DL or a rack pulls).
recently I have followed the example of JP and I have replaced my classic deadlift with the rdl. I am actually enjoying it.
I find it quite effective for building a thick rear chain.

I'm working hard to find a recipe suitable for growing the thickness of my back (and my hamstring too!) and I thought that by inserting the RDL I could two pigeons with one stone Big Grin
(01-10-2020, 12:26 AM)carnera Wrote: usually for the thickness exercise in the 3 rotations I choose 2 rows moviment and 1 deadlift's variant (such floor DL or a rack pulls).
recently I have followed the example of JP and I have replaced my classic deadlift with the rdl. I am actually enjoying it.
I find it quite effective for building a thick rear chain.

I'm working hard to find a recipe suitable for growing the thickness of my back (and my hamstring too!) and I thought that by inserting the RDL I could two pigeons with one stone Big Grin

THere's your answer, man - FOR YOU, it's a great back thickness exercise! (That's ultimately what really matters. Smile )

And that's a great strategy. You'll have to balance that with other movements that tax the low back (squatting, etc.), but if you're focus is posterior chain for now, that can easily be done while maintaining elsewhere if you have to remove some exercises that you can't get away with with that much deadlifting.

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Constructive discussion on this forum is always a pleasure.
Moreover, you made me think about the amount of heavy movements that tax my lower back in my current program ... maybe too many.

Grazie!
(01-10-2020, 11:27 PM)carnera Wrote: Constructive discussion on this forum is always a pleasure.
Moreover, you made me think about the amount of heavy movements that tax my lower back in my current program ... maybe too many.

Grazie!

You're welcome!

Yes, you'll likely know fairly soon if you've got too much low back / posterior chain work in your program. (Just be careful! Low back injuries can be game changers for folks... )

-S
-Scott