Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Introduce Yourself: If you've never Posted, Post here please...
Hello All,
My name is Craig. Been training for over 30 years now. Have been there done that regarding bodybuilding, strength, Crossfit, u name it I tried it, training. Here to become better at training by truly understand and educating myself how to. Looks like this is the place to be!
Hello to everybody,
Glad to join this fitness community, I haven't really got into reading articles yet, but I'm sure I'll learn more than one trick.
I love sport and nutrition. Due to my lactose intolerant condition, I must look for more adapted diets that don't give me intestinal problems.
Cheers
La lactasa es mi enemiga Nº 1
(01-26-2021, 03:02 AM)masmelaton94 Wrote: Hi guys glad to join the forum,
I am from Spain but I like to know information from other languages.
I've been training for a few years now, more focused on calisthenics and weightlifting.
Due to a shoulder injury, I would like to learn here and read tips on which exercises are less injurious to the shoulder.

Welcome!

Read away and feel free to post if you've got a question!

-Scott
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(01-26-2021, 07:03 AM)C-Money Wrote: Hello All,
My name is Craig. Been training for over 30 years now. Have been there done that regarding bodybuilding, strength, Crossfit, u name it I tried it, training. Here to become better at training by truly understand and educating myself how to. Looks like this is the place to be!

Hey Craig!

I try to make it a worthwhile place for gathering info.

Welcome!!!

-Scott
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(01-30-2021, 07:32 AM)lactosafuriosa Wrote: Hello to everybody,
Glad to join this fitness community, I haven't really got into reading articles yet, but I'm sure I'll learn more than one trick.
I love sport and nutrition. Due to my lactose intolerant condition, I must look for more adapted diets that don't give me intestinal problems.
Cheers

Love the userid!

Welcome!

-Scott
-Scott

Hello! I decided to look into your training system after hearing you on the “Supplement Engineer” podcast. Plus, I’m an Illinois boy. Rockford. I have a B.S. in microbiology and am board certified, was in another life anyway, in molecular biology. So, I am very familiar with a lot of physiology and love the new anti-aging studies and peptides. My micro background has me very intrigued with the recent microbiome theories.

I am 57 years young. 6’4” and 258 lbs. I would say I’m around 15% body fat. One bio impedance test listed my lean body mass at 223 lbs. Lift 6 days per week. One body part with a short secondary body part after the first large, so I can say I hit each body part twice a week. For instance, I’ll do a chest workout, concentrating on lower chest exercises then at the end of the workout I’ll perform a tricep exercise until failure. I was discovering that a body part twice a week was too much for me. At my age anyway.

Look forward to reading and hopefully I can add some knowledge to some readers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(02-03-2021, 12:09 PM)DocToBe_13 Wrote: Hello! I decided to look into your training system after hearing you on the “Supplement Engineer” podcast. Plus, I’m an Illinois boy. Rockford. I have a B.S. in microbiology and am board certified, was in another life anyway, in molecular biology. So, I am very familiar with a lot of physiology and love the new anti-aging studies and peptides. My micro background has me very intrigued with the recent microbiome theories.

I am 57 years young. 6’4” and 258 lbs. I would say I’m around 15% body fat. One bio impedance test listed my lean body mass at 223 lbs. Lift 6 days per week. One body part with a short secondary body part after the first large, so I can say I hit each body part twice a week. For instance, I’ll do a chest workout, concentrating on lower chest exercises then at the end of the workout I’ll perform a tricep exercise until failure. I was discovering that a body part twice a week was too much for me. At my age anyway.

Look forward to reading and hopefully I can add some knowledge to some readers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey Doc!

Sorry I missed your post initially! Welcome!

Illinois Boys are always welcome! You're board certified in molecular biology?...

Yes the microbiome is truly fascinating, especially b/c it's such "undiscovered country" in the world of biology.

Did you pick up the FT E-book?... (You get free membership here with purchase - full access to the board to ask Q's, etc. )

As far as frequency being an issue in older age, that will be a function of volume in each workout. Twice / week but only 1 set wouldn't be overkill, I don't suspect, but 20 sets, twice per week might. Smile

-S
-Scott

Hey guys,

Nice to meet you all, my name is Constantino. I was a lightweight rower for nine years (6', 155lbs, lean for unhealthy periods of time), doing a bit in strength training but the vast majority of our training was cardio. It wasn't until my ninth year of rowing (on the off season) did I discover how fulfilling it is to make gains in the strength and hypertrophy realm. I bought a pair of gymnastic rings and did a volume approach to bodyweight workouts (I took Dr. Israetel's volume landmarks and applied them to various bodyweight exercises), and it took me far, particularly in rowing (with the superficial and narrow slice of research I did, I found that closed kinetic chain exercises were great for rowing).

I stopped rowing about a year ago and have been drifting around with approaches to workouts but staying in the bodyweight exercise realm. Some might have called me ideologically possessed with regards to needing to do bodyweight exercises--in retrospect, I would have to agree with them. Having recently ironed out my goals, which is pretty much to get jacked and lift a lot of weight, I realized that my bodyweight approach was quite suboptimal. I was also not loving the volume approach. Most importantly, I was missing feeling like an athlete--going into the gym and just getting wrecked.

I found Fortitude Training as an alternative to Dr. Israetel's volume appraoch and my previous bodyweight ideology. I'm pumped to get underway and make gains as well as to hopefully, once again, feel like an athlete.
(02-23-2021, 06:44 AM)constantino98 Wrote: Hey guys,

Nice to meet you all, my name is Constantino. I was a lightweight rower for nine years (6', 155lbs, lean for unhealthy periods of time), doing a bit in strength training but the vast majority of our training was cardio. It wasn't until my ninth year of rowing (on the off season) did I discover how fulfilling it is to make gains in the strength and hypertrophy realm. I bought a pair of gymnastic rings and did a volume approach to bodyweight workouts (I took Dr. Israetel's volume landmarks and applied them to various bodyweight exercises), and it took me far, particularly in rowing (with the superficial and narrow slice of research I did, I found that closed kinetic chain exercises were great for rowing).

I stopped rowing about a year ago and have been drifting around with approaches to workouts but staying in the bodyweight exercise realm. Some might have called me ideologically possessed with regards to needing to do bodyweight exercises--in retrospect, I would have to agree with them. Having recently ironed out my goals, which is pretty much to get jacked and lift a lot of weight, I realized that my bodyweight approach was quite suboptimal. I was also not loving the volume approach. Most importantly, I was missing feeling like an athlete--going into the gym and just getting wrecked.

I found Fortitude Training as an alternative to Dr. Israetel's volume appraoch and my previous bodyweight ideology. I'm pumped to get underway and make gains as well as to hopefully, once again, feel like an athlete.

Welcome, Constantino!

So, it sounds like you've done some RP inspired training already? It would be interesting to get your thoughts in comparing the two approaches. (FT vs. what Dr. Mike proposes. We're largely on the same page in many regards, but his "for the masses" suggestions are different than FT, I think. )

-S
-Scott

Hi all FT members.

Even though I'm only 2 weeks into Fortitude Training, I'm enjoying the experience immensely.

This is the first forum, of any kind, that I have registered too. Therefore it should be an interesting experience.

I look forward to learning a great deal more from my fellow FT members.

Thanks, MJL