Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Introduce Yourself: If you've never Posted, Post here please...
(04-24-2022, 07:55 AM)Jason E Wrote: Hi

My name is Jason and I'm a new member here. I have a long training history started in HS and soon after discovered Mike Mentzer's Heavy Duty and Yates Blood and Guts style training which worked wonders on me. I don't know why I got away from that style but I started back toward a lot more volume after I entered the Military.  

I recently retired from the Navy after 25 years most of those as an EOD Tech. I have tried a lot of different training styles but FT has really intrigued me and its principles makes sense. Everything in the book was cited and well researched. 

I trained with Kettlebells for a long time. Then it was 5x5 style lifting for a good while so this is for me a much needed change as I've gotten older and my goal are different now. Used to be get strong get fast now its build muscle and keep improving body composition. 

I started Tier III Turbo this week after running on Tier I for about a month. I'm looking forward to growing with FT.

Jason E. 

Welcome, Jason!!!

Question: Why did you jump from Tier I to Tier III (Turbo) without anything in between?...

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
I just felt like I wanted to do a cycle full blast so to say. I'm fairly used to high volume training anyway. 
Hi, I'm Andrew,

Just purchased the Fortitude Training book the other day and have been studying it, diligently, before starting my first training cycle. Blown away by the quality of the information and the accessibility of the writing. A little paralysis by analysis, but very excited to implement Dr. Stevenson's experience in my training.
(05-17-2022, 09:31 AM)Zsobot Wrote: Hi, I'm Andrew,

Just purchased the Fortitude Training book the other day and have been studying it, diligently, before starting my first training cycle. Blown away by the quality of the information and the accessibility of the writing. A little paralysis by analysis, but very excited to implement Dr. Stevenson's experience in my training.

Hey Andrew!

Glad you find the book so readable!  (Opinions vary of course, and sometimes feedback may not necessarily be representative of a true mean. Smile )

I would just start with Tier I and give yourself the first week or so to figure it out.  Just be safe in the gym and in a few week's you'll certainly have the hang of it, I expect. (Check here for Q's, as most everything I can think of has been addressed here over the years.)

Welcome!

-Scott
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
accutane 40 mg kaufen accutane kaufen deutschland accutane kaufen deutschland
isotretinoin 20mg rezeptfrei isotretinoin tabletten rezeptfrei accutane kaufen schweiz
isotretinoin rezeptfrei kaufen isotretinoin tabletten rezeptfrei isotretinoin 20mg rezeptfrei
isotretinoin ohne rezept kaufen isotretinoin tabletten rezeptfrei accutane rezeptfrei bestellen
accutane isotretinoin kaufen isotretinoin tabletten rezeptfrei accutane rezeptfrei
isotretinoin rezeptfrei kaufen isotretinoin tabletten rezeptfrei isotretinoin 20mg rezeptfrei
Good Evening form beautiful Minnesota! You Betcha! 35 is shorts weather after we suffered an actual of -7. Bone crunching cold. 

I'm 43 year old male 5'9'' 196 at about 21 % body fat. 

Goal it to go up to 200lbs hang there for a bit, then play With Rice Krispies until I begin loosing Body fat. 

Got back into weight training in 2014 to help manage stress. It's my therapy. I have had periods of paying more attention. 

I grew up with an older Brother who took Teen Mr. MN early 1990s and have sort of been intrigued by the culture ever sense. But I was a football ( American) and Track guy in High school and only lifted weights with the intent of sport performance. 

I sort of fell like I'm a living experiment or life and how you live it can be experimental. So here we are. Eating 7 cups of Rice Krispies in the parking lot of my daughters Elementary School. 

I would consider my endeavor here recreational / experimental/ Experiantial

Thank you

Hey, I am just a guy who wants to learn how to train after the age of 40. To find what works the best for me and still make some gainsSmile
Hi everyone, I wish you all a blessed day from sunny SE Europe. I'm Fran (boys name here! hah), I'm 28 and I've been hooked since my dad introduced me to the iron as a fat 13 y.o., although it's only been around 5-6 years that I've had all my stuff in order and I'm taking this seriously. 
As a teen I got hooked to Mike Mentzer style HIT, then during/after uni I did more "evidence based" powerlifting inspired stuff as this was the main source of info on lifting on youtube at the time, now I do my own thing as I'm not built for strength.

Right now I'm close to finishing a 3-month aggressive cut, down from 91 to 82 kilos (200 to 180 in freedom units), currently at 13% bodyfat, at 6'1 tall (this didn't change hm). Some other stats, I don't know I'm not very strong but on a usual day I bench 225 for 12, I can RDL 4 plates (but usually prefer less weight), and I'm exploring various squat patterns and heel elevations that better fit my longish femurs, as well as unilateral work, so no idea on that one.  

My last bulk was a bit aggressive. I plan on starting a T2T Fortitude Training blast in May when I get back from a short work trip. I'll try to explore many new exercises and I'll try to focus a lot on peri-workout nutrition and bulk at a slightly less-aggressive rate, at an "intuitive" surplus. 

Oh well I'd like to get into everything more but I'll just start my own thread for that Smile 

Welcome Dr. Fran!

-S

(04-12-2023, 07:07 PM)fgloblek Wrote: Hi everyone, I wish you all a blessed day from sunny SE Europe. I'm Fran (boys name here! hah), I'm 28 and I've been hooked since my dad introduced me to the iron as a fat 13 y.o., although it's only been around 5-6 years that I've had all my stuff in order and I'm taking this seriously. 
As a teen I got hooked to Mike Mentzer style HIT, then during/after uni I did more "evidence based" powerlifting inspired stuff as this was the main source of info on lifting on youtube at the time, now I do my own thing as I'm not built for strength.

Right now I'm close to finishing a 3-month aggressive cut, down from 91 to 82 kilos (200 to 180 in freedom units), currently at 13% bodyfat, at 6'1 tall (this didn't change hm). Some other stats, I don't know I'm not very strong but on a usual day I bench 225 for 12, I can RDL 4 plates (but usually prefer less weight), and I'm exploring various squat patterns and heel elevations that better fit my longish femurs, as well as unilateral work, so no idea on that one.  

My last bulk was a bit aggressive. I plan on starting a T2T Fortitude Training blast in May when I get back from a short work trip. I'll try to explore many new exercises and I'll try to focus a lot on peri-workout nutrition and bulk at a slightly less-aggressive rate, at an "intuitive" surplus. 

Oh well I'd like to get into everything more but I'll just start my own thread for that Smile 

-Scott

Hi!

Introduction 
44 year old Swede, married with children, 11 year old son with adhd, and a 6 year old daughter with autism, language impairment and other issues putting high demands on me as parent. 
Works as IT business analyst in finance industry, can work a lot from my home (80%) remaining 20% at office.
For now I only train in my home gym built during Covid era where I have access to barbell, z-curl bar, power rack,Ironmaster adjustable dumbbells and kettlebell, pulley system with high attachment, a TG1000 received for free from a relative, a landmine solution and bands.
Training history:
Did not train much until my military service and after that I periodically trained martial arts, running and unsystematic gym training. All my adult life I have had a high baseline physic activity (well over 10000 steps per day on average). Started serious gym training at 38 by doing starting strength and then moving on to west side/conjugate training with a strength focus, and now since February 2023 I have changed my priorities and interests and are now going to get the best physique I can get. 

With bodybuilding goals I have followed an upper/lower split, then a ppl. Being inspired by TrainedByJP. Was curious on doing full body, and got hold of Fortitude Training which to me seems
to be a great approach. I have done one basic cycle and is now on first week of a turbo cycle. 

Supplements:
Natty, will remain so.
Used creatine monohydrate and protein powders for many years, also multi vitamin and fish oil
pre-bed , Curcumin, Ashwaganda and magnesium. 
I use Pre-workouts (pump plus a caffeine pill if training before noon) and a peri workout.

Current shape: around 12-13 % bodyfat, 87 kg and 181 cm. Been in a long slow cut from October 2023 to early June. Dropped 13 kg and around 10% body fat Now maintaining and possibly a mini cut until my birthday end of August and after that I will try a very small and slow surplus/gaining phase rest of year. Currently no competitive ambitions.