Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Introduce Yourself: If you've never Posted, Post here please...
Derek Lutz from Tiffin, Ohio.

Been active on a few boards over the past couple years so some of you may recognize my name from those places.

Basic background...former obese kid growing up. Decided to change things Dec 2010 (I was freshly 18) at 280+ pounds. Got down to 182 by Aug 2011. Since then have hovered between 225-180 depending on the phase of my training/nutrition (basically learning shit the hard way lol).

Currently at about 199 and pretty close to my leanest ever (which I previously hit Oct 2013 at around 180 pounds).

I call myself a "bodybuilder", but have never actually competed.

Anything else you would like to know, ask away.
(01-06-2015, 01:35 PM)D-NUTZ Wrote: Derek Lutz from Tiffin, Ohio.

Been active on a few boards over the past couple years so some of you may recognize my name from those places.

Basic background...former obese kid growing up. Decided to change things Dec 2010 (I was freshly 18) at 280+ pounds. Got down to 182 by Aug 2011. Since then have hovered between 225-180 depending on the phase of my training/nutrition (basically learning shit the hard way lol).

Currently at about 199 and pretty close to my leanest ever (which I previously hit Oct 2013 at around 180 pounds).

I call myself a "bodybuilder", but have never actually competed.

Anything else you would like to know, ask away.

Welcome, Derek!

Any connection of your family with the city of Lutz, FL (N. Tampa area)?...

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Hello everybody,

my name is Valentin, checking in from Vienna, Austria. I've been doing DC Training for over 18 months, but that was about 3 years ago. Lately I realized that I should've never gotten away from it and that I pissed away some very productive years with higher volume approaches (which I don't do well on at all - if I see a program prescribing 4x8 on squats, I get dizzy before I finish the sentence and spend the next day in bed with a migraine, haha). I'm pretty much the exact guy that Dante has talked about in many of his posts - figure out what's working great and then start program hoping - overanalyzation set in big time.

I've also followed Scott from the day I signed up on intensemuscle and have to thank him until eternity for telling me about Kwan Loong Oil - that stuff has saved my elbows many times as well as being one of the greatest examples of bridging science with a do-or-die training attitude.

Hope to have some great discussions on here!
(02-15-2015, 06:45 PM)Valentin Tambosi Wrote: Hello everybody,

my name is Valentin, checking in from Vienna, Austria. I've been doing DC Training for over 18 months, but that was about 3 years ago. Lately I realized that I should've never gotten away from it and that I pissed away some very productive years with higher volume approaches (which I don't do well on at all - if I see a program prescribing 4x8 on squats, I get dizzy before I finish the sentence and spend the next day in bed with a migraine, haha). I'm pretty much the exact guy that Dante has talked about in many of his posts - figure out what's working great and then start program hoping - overanalyzation set in big time.

I've also followed Scott from the day I signed up on intensemuscle and have to thank him until eternity for telling me about Kwan Loong Oil - that stuff has saved my elbows many times as well as being one of the greatest examples of bridging science with a do-or-die training attitude.

Hope to have some great discussions on here!

GREAT first post and thanks for the Kudos. Much appreciated. (Just living out two love of mine!)

At the risk of sounding like used car salesman, have you picked up my book? (I get the feeling you'd like it, but mainly wanted you to know that you get a free subscription, so you'll see where most of the discussion we've had is going on.)

KW Oil is but a tip of the iceberg... LOL Smile

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Thanks Scott!

I have literally watched every muscle rounds video you uploaded when the book came out. Your episode on the Blue Collar Muscle Podcast got me very interested in Fortitude Training as well. Will get the book today!

PS: I have no problem with you shamelessly plugging your book, haha (j/k)!

Hey All. I've just purchased the book on the recommendation of one of Scott's good friends, Jordan Peters. Jordan's knowledge and help over the past 18 months has been invaluable to me, couple that with Scott's FT and you've got one mother of a knowledge bomb Big Grin I've just finished the book but I will need to re-read to understand all of the science and the big words lol but very much looking forward to my first blast. Little bit unsure on exercise selection regarding the loading sets, like which exercises work well together whilst zig-zagging. I'm sure I'll play around it and see how I respond. Thanks for the recommendation Jp, and thanks to Dr. SS for the quality e-book.
Many thanks
Simon Briscoe
(02-18-2015, 06:34 AM)Briscoe26 Wrote: Hey All. I've just purchased the book on the recommendation of one of Scott's good friends, Jordan Peters. Jordan's knowledge and help over the past 18 months has been invaluable to me, couple that with Scott's FT and you've got one mother of a knowledge bomb Big Grin I've just finished the book but I will need to re-read to understand all of the science and the big words lol but very much looking forward to my first blast. Little bit unsure on exercise selection regarding the loading sets, like which exercises work well together whilst zig-zagging. I'm sure I'll play around it and see how I respond. Thanks for the recommendation Jp, and thanks to Dr. SS for the quality e-book.
Many thanks
Simon Briscoe

Hey Simon!

Welcome. (I've upgraded you to full subscription, BTW.)

You should be able to dig around to see how some folks are choosing exercises. If you go to the very end of the book, there is a hyper index, where you'll have clickable links to the sections about how to do the Loading Sets, MR's, etc. There's a little passage about how to choose exercises for each Set Type that ought to set you on the right path. Smile

As far as the isolation exercises for zig zagging, some of that will depend upon your gym, e.g., how busy it is, machine location, the machines themselves, etc. and whether you're training with a partner (who could hold down a machine, e.g., a ham curl for you).

I like to to do things for isolation exercises like us DB's that you can bring over to a pressing station or do chins in the same rack you're using for BO rows or a dead lift variation. DB ham curls can almost always be done (you just need one DB and some floor space to do them on the floor), for instance.

The thing that gets passed over with Loading sets sometimes is that you can use the isolation exercise to pre-fatigue, so you might do ham curls first to focus on them during a leg press, for instance.

(There's a large FT Questions thread you should be able to see now that answers a lot of these sorts of inquiries.)

-S
-Scott

Hello everyone! Im on a ton of other boards with the same screen name, bought FT, and cried when i actually read it [emoji106], still not sure if i understand it, or if i have the time for it.... But will re read it and see if i have any questions....

Im new here, still figuring out how to work thru these forums!
Hey Scott,

Many thanks for your reply and upgrading me, really appreciated :-) I've been trawling the different threads on here to help me get started. As far as zig-zigging for the loading sets goes, I was thinking:
Chest- a press variation then into a fly variation
Back - row/deadlift variation into a pull down variation
Celts- press variation into any raise variation

I'm currently in a fat loss phase, would this style of training benefit me towards my goal (get sub 10%bf, currently sitting at 18%) or should this be used purely for gaining size? I'm won't change my diet for time being but it is very similar to the protocols that you teach in FT. Obviously if things need to be changed to suit this style of training then I will change it.

Thanks again for you're input :-)

quote='Scott Stevenson' pid='4783' dateline='1424273279']

Hey Simon!

Welcome. (I've upgraded you to full subscription, BTW.)

You should be able to dig around to see how some folks are choosing exercises. If you go to the very end of the book, there is a hyper index, where you'll have clickable links to the sections about how to do the Loading Sets, MR's, etc. There's a little passage about how to choose exercises for each Set Type that ought to set you on the right path. Smile

As far as the isolation exercises for zig zagging, some of that will depend upon your gym, e.g., how busy it is, machine location, the machines themselves, etc. and whether you're training with a partner (who could hold down a machine, e.g., a ham curl for you).

I like to to do things for isolation exercises like us DB's that you can bring over to a pressing station or do chins in the same rack you're using for BO rows or a dead lift variation. DB ham curls can almost always be done (you just need one DB and some floor space to do them on the floor), for instance.

The thing that gets passed over with Loading sets sometimes is that you can use the isolation exercise to pre-fatigue, so you might do ham curls first to focus on them during a leg press, for instance.

(There's a large FT Questions thread you should be able to see now that answers a lot of these sorts of inquiries.)

-S
[/quote]

(02-20-2015, 05:07 AM)Briscoe26 Wrote: Hey Scott,

Many thanks for your reply and upgrading me, really appreciated :-) I've been trawling the different threads on here to help me get started. As far as zig-zigging for the loading sets goes, I was thinking:
Chest- a press variation then into a fly variation
Back - row/deadlift variation into a pull down variation
Celts- press variation into any raise variation

I'm currently in a fat loss phase, would this style of training benefit me towards my goal (get sub 10%bf, currently sitting at 18%) or should this be used purely for gaining size? I'm won't change my diet for time being but it is very similar to the protocols that you teach in FT. Obviously if things need to be changed to suit this style of training then I will change it.

Thanks again for you're input :-)

Hey Bud!

Exercise look fine.

Check the FAQ on the book r.e. fat loss. (The best answer is right for ya. Smile )

-S
-Scott