Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Introduce Yourself: If you've never Posted, Post here please...
Hello Scott and everyone who reads this. I've followed Mountaindog training for a while now with great results. I've heard Scott on a few podcast and most recently on "The Fat Loss Pro Podcast." I was very impressed with your knowledge and how you can convey the message to someone like me.

I'm an over 50 bodybuilder who just started competing last year and loving it all. I've always liked to lift and train but I liked my Pizza, burritos, beer etc a little more than dieting. Well, after turning 50 I decided if I don't do it now then I will never compete. The contest diet is the hardest part of it. Even the training while depleted loses some of it's fun but overall it is great and I look forward to my second year of competing and hope to be at Master's Nationals this year.

I look forward to learning about "Fortitude" training and see if is a good fit for me.

Thanks
Hey guys,

I'm a former professional rugby player from the UK who had to retire young due to injury but have trained every since. I always loved the fitness world and train for the love of training but also enjoy understanding why things work the way they do (I guess this is also why I am a research student!). FT provides this and cherish it as a true investment. I have never really settled for a long period on any particular program, I guess 9 months under trainedbyJP was the my solid time I have had; but following FT these last 6 months I have had some of the greatest results and most enjoyable time.

Followed the forum for a long time and hope to continue to learn!

Dan
Hey guys, new to the forum, in the UK. Just bought the book, time for a training style change. Can't wait.
Hello. Just putting in my post so my account isn't deleted. More of a reader than a poster.
what's up fella's first post and obviously new to the board. i'm in the process of devouring the FT book and look forward to learning and contributing as much as i can here.

Hay all! I'm here from IM (same name) and looking in to FT in the near future. Only makes sense that I join the forum and start reading and reading... seems like a small but solid community here so far.
New here, just bought the manual tonight and have been reading ever since. I've been training volume for along time and just recently I'm coming off a pretty severe back injury that I'm working through. Excited to give this program a go soon.
I've spent a good part of this weekend getting a decent handle on FT. I think I've got enough of the basics down that I can design a program to begin the week after this coming one. However, I've tried a couple of times now to download the "Free Overview Sheets and Logs"; I get a message saying that I will receive an e-mail with my download link, but it never happens. I have checked my e-mail address for accuracy. Anyone else had trouble with this?
Hello everyone. I purchased the FT e-book a couple months ago. I've weight trained since 2009 and competitive bodybuilding since 2010. Currently at 235lbs at 5'10". Thought I was in good shape until FT. Having trouble finishing basic tier II leg emphasis day without hacking up my intra after thighs (squat 405 lbs x 12 rep x 2 sets). Tried turbo tier II leg emphasis after intensive cruise with no intra and I'm still hacking. I struggle to finish my training afterwards. Maybe I'm not doing it right... I don't like to eat 2-3 hours before training.
(04-20-2015, 03:32 AM)Viceman Wrote: I've spent a good part of this weekend getting a decent handle on FT. I think I've got enough of the basics down that I can design a program to begin the week after this coming one. However, I've tried a couple of times now to download the "Free Overview Sheets and Logs"; I get a message saying that I will receive an e-mail with my download link, but it never happens. I have checked my e-mail address for accuracy. Anyone else had trouble with this?

Huh. You got the book OK, though? Not in your junk mail folder?

I'm going to PM you a direct link in just a second.

(04-20-2015, 04:29 AM)evacleva Wrote: Hello everyone. I purchased the FT e-book a couple months ago. I've weight trained since 2009 and competitive bodybuilding since 2010. Currently at 235lbs at 5'10". Thought I was in good shape until FT. Having trouble finishing basic tier II leg emphasis day without hacking up my intra after thighs (squat 405 lbs x 12 rep x 2 sets). Tried turbo tier II leg emphasis after intensive cruise with no intra and I'm still hacking. I struggle to finish my training afterwards. Maybe I'm not doing it right... I don't like to eat 2-3 hours before training.

There isn't a thing wrong with that. That just tells me you're training your ass off. I've mentioned before that one of the most advanced guys to do FT (a beta tester) had to use Tier I. He had had been a pro wrestler and was no stranger to really hard training. I'd rather see someone tell me what you're saying that someone who is less advanced using lighter weight and doing Tier III.

If you're not making gains and are eating your ass off, then going down a tier (or alternating Tier II and I throughout a Blast) may be in order.

Smile

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.