Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Introduce Yourself: If you've never Posted, Post here please...
Hello everyone...I'm brand new here (fresh meat as they call it lol) and don't want to get deleted, so I'm posting this.

Been doing Mountain Dog training for a few years now and been a member of John's site as well. I always enjoy Scott's new content on the MD site and enjoy the videos when he is in town to train w/ John and Dave Tate (esp the Meathead vs PhD one..brutal...awesome job hitting the most reps on that one!) I also recently purchased John and Scott's book about the science behind MD Training. Had no idea that you had your own site and all Scott...but here I am now! Looking forward to "creeping" around the forum lol!
(04-28-2015, 11:19 PM)thezukiman Wrote: Hello everyone...I'm brand new here (fresh meat as they call it lol) and don't want to get deleted, so I'm posting this.

Been doing Mountain Dog training for a few years now and been a member of John's site as well. I always enjoy Scott's new content on the MD site and enjoy the videos when he is in town to train w/ John and Dave Tate (esp the Meathead vs PhD one..brutal...awesome job hitting the most reps on that one!) I also recently purchased John and Scott's book about the science behind MD Training. Had no idea that you had your own site and all Scott...but here I am now! Looking forward to "creeping" around the forum lol!

Hey Bud!

Thanks for coming over! Thanks, too, for the feedback. I need to do a better job with marketing myself it seems like! (Maybe just change my bio / info. associated with my articles for John.)

-Scott
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Hello all,

Just signed up and love your new book and site content. I've been training hard for the past 18 years. I'm an USMC 0311 (infantry) combat vet (hence the screen name) and father of five. Over the years I've come to many of the same conclusions laid out by Scott in terms of training my muscles more frequently spreading out the volume. At one point years back I was trained by SuperD DC training before he went to the darkside of the force from what I heard lol.. Damn shame bc I learned A LOT from him blasting up to a bw of 256. Unfortunately I ended up at a job doing 12 hr shift work alternating between days and nights which was NOT something that jived well with DC. From that point on my focus was on strength based work eventually accomplishing my goal of benching 410 raw. (Tried posting video but I don't have enough posts)..

Some time afterwards I suffered my first real injury with a bulging disc in my L4-L5. Had surgery a few years back but it never fully recovered (not that it was supposed to). Recently I took a few months completely off from training focusing on other endeavors and only just got back to training.

Now My training focus has come around full circle back to pure muscle mass.
Welcome bro Smile
Hi everybody (Dr nick-Simpsons style!!)
Aspiring female BB from UK...purchased the E-book after reading only good things on the trained by JP forums. Have read cover to cover a dozen times over the last week or so. Finally started yesterday after my first break from training since last November
(05-20-2015, 01:46 PM)Mraney Wrote: I bought the book and have read through it. Now trying to fill out the spreadsheet so I can start the program. But I am not getting it at all! I am lost on Turbo Tier lll Day 1 am I zig-zagging my thigh quad and ham exercise? And if so I am only going to do one set 6-12 reps for quad and that is it? Then I move on to adduct and I only do 1 set? Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

Welcome! Yes you are zig-zagin them. It will look like:

Thigh
Quad
Thigh
Ham
Thigh

There are great examples explaining this on page 90 (for all Tiers) in the book. Check them out. Smile
Hi everyone
I started FT the week it came out ..I dont know what I can say , other than I'd never train any other way ! Lol
Honstly the program is awsome , I got stronger than ever on it and gains were great
So thanks Scott for FT and just being the Most knowledgeable and genuine guy in the industry .
Hi All,
Bought the book cause Scott wrote it. Found out about him at Intense Muscle when I trained DC. Scott's posts always made sense and I thought he was a smart, rational guy... till I saw a video of him training with Dave Henry. Scott's doing tbars with what looked like 10 manhole covers on the end of the bar. He cranks out a bunch of reps, hitches, and does a few more. Puts the bar down, grabs his side. Turns out he generated so much force he tore a piece of bone off his hip and finished the set anyway. Smart? Yes. Rational? Well....? Not sure if that video is still on YouTube but it's unbelievable. He's a true silverback. Finished my second blast and the program is genius. I'm 54, a long time lifter and just addicted to training. This blast was mostly turbo tier 1 with a final week of tier 2. Believe it or not, I got more gains in strength with the higher frequency of turbo than basic. Tier 2 pushes the envelope for me though and can only take a week of it going full out. One of the smartest principles is the IC. Keeps your gains but let's you recover. Thanks for the program, Scott. You're keeping this old fossil in the game.
"Legit" is an under utilized word. Like you Scott, when the word is in use I immediately hear MC Hammer's voice and a sick beat accompaniment.
Howdy, y'all. I've been a member of Skip's IntenseMuscle.com for some time, and it's great to be in this forum to learn more not only from Dr. Scott, but also from some other folks who have made great contributions to that board as well.