Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Introduce Yourself: If you've never Posted, Post here please...
Welcome aboard. Wrong side of 40!?! Hell, I didn't even hit my stride until after 40. Life is so much better when you start to get a clue! LOL
At 52, as long as I use my foam roller, life is the best it's been!

(01-29-2016, 07:25 PM)Doc D Wrote: Just a quick post to register my gratitude to Scott for FT (a truly fantastic training system) and to signal my lurking presence on this site (the only one that I visit with any regularity - professional and familial responsibilities preclude any meaningful engagement).
My background: wrong side of 40 with 30+ years of lifting experience. Competed a little in powerlifting, once in weightlifting (*not* seriously), and never in bodybuilding, throughout navigating an ill-defined path somewhere between functional and aesthetic imperatives. Nowadays the underlying objective, were I required to articulate it, seems to be to stay sufficiently mobile and healthy to keep up with my kids while maintaining enough lean size and strength to satisfy my aging ego. In other words, in a manner mirroring the rest of one's life as one grows older, a complex combination of compromises between conflicting demands and desiderata.

Hi Scott et al.,

I'm Joey, and I'm a friend and client of Con's, who introduced me to Fortitude Training a few months ago. I've since purchased the book and have been reading up on Scott's articles and posts, and I really appreciate Scott's approach in his application of science and real-life experience.

This type of training is completely different than anything I've tried before, but I've already made some of the best gains in my life with the short time I've spent with it. I find that it really suites me well, and looking forward to following it into the future.
(01-29-2016, 07:25 PM)Doc D Wrote: Just a quick post to register my gratitude to Scott for FT (a truly fantastic training system) and to signal my lurking presence on this site (the only one that I visit with any regularity - professional and familial responsibilities preclude any meaningful engagement).
My background: wrong side of 40 with 30+ years of lifting experience. Competed a little in powerlifting, once in weightlifting (*not* seriously), and never in bodybuilding, throughout navigating an ill-defined path somewhere between functional and aesthetic imperatives. Nowadays the underlying objective, were I required to articulate it, seems to be to stay sufficiently mobile and healthy to keep up with my kids while maintaining enough lean size and strength to satisfy my aging ego. In other words, in a manner mirroring the rest of one's life as one grows older, a complex combination of compromises between conflicting demands and desiderata.

Doc!

Belated welcome!!! (Sorry I missed this intro. post. Smile )

Thanks for the help on the Knee Friendly FT thread. Smile

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(02-07-2016, 02:09 AM)joeyc Wrote: Hi Scott et al.,

I'm Joey, and I'm a friend and client of Con's, who introduced me to Fortitude Training a few months ago. I've since purchased the book and have been reading up on Scott's articles and posts, and I really appreciate Scott's approach in his application of science and real-life experience.

This type of training is completely different than anything I've tried before, but I've already made some of the best gains in my life with the short time I've spent with it. I find that it really suites me well, and looking forward to following it into the future.

Welcome, Joey!

I'm glad Con showed you over here and turned you on to FT. I'm sure his guidance helped with those gains, too. Smile

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
My name is Jeff, long story short I do not compete or ever plan to but I love hitting the iron and eating very clean, I keep the junk to a minimum but life is way to short not to enjoy all the great junk food this world has to offer!

I will be turning 40 this year and it made me think that maybe for once in my life I should chase the size game and really push myself ( I have never done this before ) or should I just stay lean and focus on staying healthy? Long story short I got extremely sick in December, and between that and some nagging injuries I guess I just made the decision subconsciously to focus on my health.

That brought me back to fortitude training. I bought the E book when it first came out and ran the family plan for 6 weeks and really enjoyed the training, but the timing with my work hours and some personal issues made me switch back to my bread and butter push,pull, legs once a week training. I had plan to deload next week start back on FT the fallowing week unfortunately my bicep tendonitis flared up this week so I will be taking at least a week or two off from any upper body movements. Ive been thru this before so I know how the rehab process goes, and on the bright side at least it gives me time to read thru the forums and catch up on the finer points of FT.
Hi

My name is Gary Hilton i am currently trying to get my head around the training system so bare with me if i fire questions

Regards

Gary
(02-18-2016, 10:17 PM)Bigg1103 Wrote: Hi

My name is Gary Hilton i am currently trying to get my head around the training system so bare with me if i fire questions

Regards

Gary

No worries, Gary. (Make sure to put those Q's in the Fortitude Training forum, which you should see now: Integrative Bodybuilding - Fortitude Training™ - Program Info, Basics, Testimonals )

-S
-Scott

Hi Everyone,

I just purchase the Fortitude Training e-book after reading Scott's articles and hearing his interviews on various sites, including Mountaindogdiet.

I am 43 years old and have been training off and on for over 25 years. I have done everything from tradtional bodybuilding style workouts to DC training, Mentzer/Yates, and Wendler's 5/3/1

I just came off of a two year stint doing Mountian Dog training (probably 8 programs). I also worked with John directly for about a year and made some really great changes. And of course, John is a very intelligent and phenomenal person and treats you like you are his only client!

During that time, my wife and I had a new born, yes we are late bloomers--and things started to deteriorate with respect to recovery etc. I just found MD Training to be too hard to recover from these days, so I thought I would change things up and give FT a go.

Interestingly , I made the best progress when I was hitting body parts twice per week, even under MD training. I would do a push pull leg x2 but taper back the volume and intensity back on the second workout.

That all said, I am not a Bodybuilding competitor (as my wife would have none of that) but I do like to follow the lifestyle as much as I can. I do not use "super sups" but follow the diet principles and supplement principles (e.g., intra workout, creatine whey) However, I do need flexibility for my job and family life so finding the right balance is always key.

Anyway, sorry to be long winded but I am really looking forward to hitting FT. I will run it for a year ( as I hate program hopping) and then reasses.

So thanks for creating an awesome looking program Scott!

All the best, Mike
Welcome aboard.
I've used many of the same programs as you.
Start a log so we can all help you with any questions.
(02-23-2016, 06:15 AM)dens228 Wrote: Welcome aboard.
I've used many of the same programs as you.
Start a log so we can all help you with any questions.

Thanks and will do. Plan to start tomorrow as I just finished two MD workouts on the weekend.

Plan is to run the Basic tier 1 for 3 weeks, with the first week being a bit of cruise as I feel like I am overreaching a bit and finding how to make the selections for the Pump sets and Muscle Rounds.