Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 exercises for back thickness anyone?
When I was doing DC, I did back width I.e pull downs then implemented 2 thickness exercises. One was always an underhand/neutral/ or palms facing type
Row pulled to my Lower stomach. The other was always a wider , overhand row variation(or rack pull) pulled higher up near my chest. I feel these 2 hit the bakc completely different . One is a Lower/middle more lat dominant row, and the other is
More upper back/trap movement. Has anyone else added a bakc exercise or 2 due to the fact it just has so many muscles. IMO you'd be missing out only doing one
If you're doing FT I'd stick with it as written for at least a blast or two. There is the option for 2 back thickness exercises in the higher tiers.

I built my back with rows and pulldowns for the most part. One exercise each.

Hell, for years all I did was deadlifts and rack pulls.
While you are somewhat limited on your lift selection for loading (and even then you get 3 different rotations), your selection for pump and MRs is nearly endless. For example on a tier 2 day, you could hit your back with 7 different back variations (8 actual sets). If you wanted to focus on thickness, you could make both pump sets thickness, and make 2 of your MRs thickness, and 2 of your loading lifts thickness. Smile
You could simply alter the angle or height of pull or row as it were if you were doing 2 thickness sets.

For sample you could do chest supported dumbell row and alter the angle of where you row the dumbells up to, for example arms at 30degree ish and row towards lower back one set.
Second set much higher almost like a shrug row for upper and trap area.

I do personally think sometimes people overly worry about targeting a specific part when in reality if you pick the right movement keep it heavy but strict it's going to pretty much hit most of what your after.
If I pick t bar rows and keep them strict with a contraction next day I feel it from my neck right down to glutes and even hams sometimes if I've had to lock in tight.
Db row, bb supported row, meadow rows, 1 arm t bar row, db Sarcev row, old stile pullover lat machine (J.Jackson, Dillet), kettbell meadow rows, gironda motorcicle cable row. long pulley row 45 degree, shrug (arm straight) at pulley-hammer rows, superman on high row hammer, low row hammer glass stile, compost set of 1 reps dead, same weight 1reps bb, same weight 1 rep og shrug.
Haney shrug on mp, 1 arm row on the smith, gironda supported bd rows high bench.. etc
(03-21-2016, 11:18 PM)olivo Wrote: Db row, bb supported row, meadow rows, 1 arm t bar row, db Sarcev row, old stile pullover lat machine (J.Jackson, Dillet), kettbell meadow rows, gironda motorcicle cable row. long pulley row 45 degree, shrug (arm straight) at pulley-hammer rows, superman on high row hammer, low row hammer glass stile, compost set of 1 reps dead, same weight 1reps bb, same weight 1 rep og shrug.
Haney shrug on mp, 1 arm row on the smith, gironda supported bd rows high bench.. etc

He wasn't looking for exercises that target thickness, he was asking if he should add extra thickness exercises.

That is a very good list though.
sorry my english sucks
(03-22-2016, 10:56 PM)olivo Wrote: sorry my english sucks

No worries at all!