Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Introduce Yourself: If you've never Posted, Post here please...
(04-22-2016, 10:45 PM)Cook20472 Wrote: Thanks for the reply I interpreted it a bit different in that even on tier 1 you would warm up on all exercises then once warm you would do your all out set rest 2 mins then your other all out set rest 2 mins then all out again. This was only for thighs though on tier 1 basic. Not sure which way to go!!

quote='masonator' pid='9849' dateline='1461319443']

Hi mate, I am no expert but the way I have translated it is do whatever warm up needed to hit that all out work set to failure without it affecting the work set.

Zig zags are when you have more than one set per body part which wouldn't be relevant until higher tiers.

I am not sure what the official line is but like today I did upper loading and the two exercises I used for back were a row and a pulldown. I did a few mini sets of both to build up to my work weight then hit them. Then moved to chest and warmed up for them then hit them etc. Pump sets I didn't bother as they weren't heavy weights.

[/quote]

(04-22-2016, 10:45 PM)Cook20472 Wrote: Thanks for the reply I interpreted it a bit different in that even on tier 1 you would warm up on all exercises then once warm you would do your all out set rest 2 mins then your other all out set rest 2 mins then all out again. This was only for thighs though on tier 1 basic. Not sure which way to go!!

Thanks for posting this up on the board Cook! Smile

The above is correct.

Warm-up / be read for you Loading sets and then do them with the rest intervals as noted on the Overview Sheets. The rest intervals are exactly that: Purely rest and mental preparation. No warm-up would be done during those intervals (other wise you're not resting), unless you simply feel like you really need to do a rep or two (to be safe with an exercise) or PERHAPS if you had to switch your isolation exercise because you lost a machine / station for an isolation exercise. (This can happen, but most folks will let you work in for just a single set. There are several thread where I list exercises that you8 can do, e.g., DB hamstring curls on the floor, that won't be taken away from you during your loading sets.)

Here's a thread bout zig-zagging and loading sets, warm-ups, etc.

Loading sets help

Smile

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
New here. Age 31 6'2 285 lbs offseason 240 lbs comp I've worked with A lot of local coaches for shows and had some good succes in the beginning but I have hit a stand still with my training and contest prep. I've tried dc training got up to 300 lbs but fatter then I wanted and then I have also done volume training but I can never get past 285 and stay decently lean. Looking forward to the fortitude training since it seems to be a mixture of both. If all goes we'll the next time I plan to diet for shows I will hire Scott. I've been competing for 6 years now and I'm excited to try something new
(09-15-2016, 03:13 PM)kyleamick77 Wrote: New here. Age 31 6'2 285 lbs offseason 240 lbs comp I've worked with A lot of local coaches for shows and had some good succes in the beginning but I have hit a stand still with my training and contest prep. I've tried dc training got up to 300 lbs but fatter then I wanted and then I have also done volume training but I can never get past 285 and stay decently lean. Looking forward to the fortitude training since it seems to be a mixture of both. If all goes we'll the next time I plan to diet for shows I will hire Scott. I've been competing for 6 years now and I'm excited to try something new

Thanks for the intro, Kyle! Smile

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Hello Everyone,

I'm about 4 days out of a show right now, so of course motivation is sky rocketing both for the show, and the up and coming offseason. A well known peptide forum which recently shut down based out of the UK was my most recent home base and despite how disappointing it is to see it go, looking forward to moving onward here and will probably be starting an off season log in a couple weeks! Looking forward to getting stuck into FT.

B'Tuna
(10-05-2016, 12:28 PM)bigtuna Wrote: Hello Everyone,

I'm about 4 days out of a show right now, so of course motivation is sky rocketing both for the show, and the up and coming offseason. A well known peptide forum which recently shut down based out of the UK was my most recent home base and despite how disappointing it is to see it go, looking forward to moving onward here and will probably be starting an off season log in a couple weeks! Looking forward to getting stuck into FT.

B'Tuna

Sorry to hear you lost your forum, man. Sad

Bring those guys over here if you have contact with them. Would love to have them here (I think!!!). Smile

-S
-Scott

Hey everyone. I have been liste ing to Dr Stevenson for years now and with a new career I will be taking yhe dive into FT. I have followed a 2-3x weekly feequency for 4 years now. PHAT from Dr Norton and also protocols of my own and coaches from 3DMJ for my contests.

I am excited to yake what Scott has created and medle with it a bit. Within the confines of FT that is.

I have my Bachelors in Nutrition and about 10 years of traink g for bodybuilding experience. Back in the older times of MD and RX I was on the boards as bighit17wolves or Jn230.
I have represented Gaspari. Musclepharm. IForce. ALR and a few others.

(10-10-2016, 07:03 AM)Jason Newman Wrote: Hey everyone. I have been liste ing to Dr Stevenson for years now and with a new career I will be taking yhe dive into FT. I have followed a 2-3x weekly feequency for 4 years now. PHAT from Dr Norton and also protocols of my own and coaches from 3DMJ for my contests.

I am excited to yake what Scott has created and medle with it a bit. Within the confines of FT that is.

I have my Bachelors in Nutrition and about 10 years of traink g for bodybuilding experience. Back in the older times of MD and RX I was on the boards as bighit17wolves or Jn230.
I have represented Gaspari. Musclepharm. IForce. ALR and a few others.

Thanks for the intro, Jason. (Gosh, I guess I have been doing the podcast thing for a couple years now... )

Sounds like you've got some very good time in the trenches (of both the gym and the industry).

(I think I recall your handle as Jn230.)

Enjoy the book, the training and the forum!

-Scott
-Scott

(10-10-2016, 07:55 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Thanks for the intro, Jason. (Gosh, I guess I have been doing the podcast thing for a couple years now... )

Sounds like you've got some very good time in the trenches (of both the gym and the industry).

(I think I recall your handle as Jn230.)

Enjoy the book, the training and the forum!

-Scott

Yeah. I jad no reason to not use my real name so I dropped those but I have been off of forums for a long while now. I am about to get in day 1. Turbo tier 1 or 2 depending on how fast I cam get it in. I have a log in here but put in the wrong area. When you get a shot can a mod move that for me?
Hey guys. I bought FT book a few months ago. I ran through the training and loved it. It feels great. I have never posted before, but figured I should probably do so. Especially if I will be posting any questions soon. I have been working to lean up a lot more. 5 foot 8 at 205. 18% bf. So I am still somewhat a fatty. I have been cracking down on nutrition and wanting to start working with FT seriously. I am also on TRT, 210 mg a week right now just to get into a more normal range. I am going to work with this program more and see if there is much progress!