Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions/Comments as nearing end of first FT blast
I'm on week 6 of my first blast of FT. Next week I'll begin my 2 week cruise session.

As a first timer with FT, I started with Tier I and moved up as follows:
Week 1 = Tier I
Week 2 = Tier II
Week 3 = Tier III
Week 4 = Tier III
Week 5 = Tier II
Week 6 = Tier II
I plan on using Tier I muscle round days for the cruise.

*As a naturally fatter guy, I generally always do some cardio. I had been doing fasted cardio 3 days per week for 30 minutes (stepmill). At start of FT training I backed the intensity down to just doing incline walking hitting around 120 beats/minute.

At week 3 (Tier III) it hit me hard. After a weekend of rest, I hit Tier III again the next week. However, I didn't recover well from that week. I felt really crappy Friday night. Sunday night, I still felt just as bad. My sleep started to go bad as well. So on week 5 I dropped back to Tier II and stopped cardio. Did the same this week for week 6.

So I'm trying to figure out if it's best to drop cardio for a while and just let FT work, or if I should keep cardio in, but just drop it during Tier III weeks. I want to lean up, but slowly, so no hurry.

Side note: I work a desk job, so not active during day. And I've always felt like it was easy for me to overtrain.

*Pump sets for me have been literally pump only. I don't feel intensity is super high, but seems to be working for me. Anyone else feel that way?

*Muscle rounds (I believe) have been the biggest part of helping my strength go up. In the book Scott references to start at a weight you use for 15 reps. But I have found I have to go higher than that. Which is great because it's helping me feel those heavier weights and my load sets are going up because of it. Love that part.

*Legs - quad exercises. I guess I'm not creative because I'm just doing leg extensions for this. Using squats, hack squats, leg presses for "thigh" compound movements. But from reading here you all must use hacks and other exercises for the "thigh" movements as well?

*Overall, FT training is hard when you get going and that's what I like about it. Like many on here I'm sure, I like having to push myself.

I welcome any questions or overall comments on this. Want to be sure I'm heading in the right direction.

Messages In This Thread
Questions/Comments as nearing end of first FT blast - by jonmiller - 05-26-2016, 07:34 AM