Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions/Comments as nearing end of first FT blast
I hate it when people post to a forum and don't give their background info... And then I went and did exactly that...

*Started training at 14, just turned 39. Have trained one way or another in all but 2 of those 25 years (got away from it right out of high school for that time).

*Accounting field, so not active at work. Only extra activity is home stuff with mowing etc around the house. 2 kids so there's plenty of that stuff every day. Therefore, it became to the point where I wondered if the extra hour to hour and a half of sleep gained by NOT doing cardio helped more than the cardio itself.

*Never took diet seriously during that time except for two separate times of about 6 months each. 2 years ago that changed and I pushed diet hard on my own, then working with Chris250 (as many knew him from the boards) Went from 242 down to 184 at lowest. Basically it was a long contest prep. THOUGH I AM NOT A COMPETITOR. I then worked with Skip Hill last summer for a clean bulk session.

*Diet is good and consistent. My results had gotten stagnant, so I took 4 weeks and really pushed the fast acting carbs. At the end of that four weeks is when I started FT. At that time I switched back to slower carbs and have dropped them slowly each week. End goal being to get to the point of Scott's outlined diet in the book of basically low carb except during/after training.

*TRT by prescription only at this time, well monitored by doc.

Scott, as far as body comp I can't say much change. Main thing noticed is more full/thick through my upper chest and shoulders. Strength is where I have see the biggest change which is funny because I've never been very strong. Example, before FT I squatted 275 for (good all the way down reps) one day. Only ever got about 5 since that time. Monday night I got 295 for 8. And honestly my legs were still sore/tired from my muscle rounds Friday before.

Weight increased at a pound per week the first 3 weeks. I basically attributed that to water considering how sore I constantly was from the new workout plan. The last two weeks have dropped 1 pound per week (after stopping cardio is when weight started going back down)

Thanks for the article links, I'll check both of those out.

No ego lifting for me. That crap just leads to injury for me. My downfall is (and maybe you WILL consider this ego) is that I don't know when to lay off. I usually figure it out about 3-4 weeks after I should have. So I was pretty proud of myself for dropping back to Tier II when I felt like crap Wink But Scott's blast example in the book followed a similar schedule, so I had no issues with doing so.

Anyway, loving the program and how hard it is. I just like living the bodybuilding lifestyle but don't compete. I leave that to my friends and help them where I can.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Questions/Comments as nearing end of first FT blast - by jonmiller - 05-26-2016, 11:09 AM