Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
to zigzag or not to zigzag
Hey all,

Been dc training probably 8 years now and on/off fortitude for this and last year.

Back on it now...this time taking it slow....i rushed straight to tier 2 and overtrained myself to death and got all girly and depressive about it, lol. Anyway currently at the end of my 2nd blast. I stepped it up to tier 2 at week 3 and 4 but come back down. It just overtrains me I think for how little I'm eating. Trying to keep as lean as a can this year instead of my usual 290lb fat offseason self.

Anyway let's get to it. I'm just wondering if anyone else has run into this problem, particularly with the loading sets for legs which are done zagged.
Now I have horrendous knee issues at the moment and warming them up enough to get my quads activating is sometimes hard work.
However, besides that......I fnd that warming up and cycling through the zig-zag kind of takes me out of the groove/movement pattern when I'm ready to rock the heavy main loading sets.

Eg squats....3 straight warm up sets.
Then move to a close stance leg press, then onto ham curl. Probably alternate these 2 to build the loads up.
Then return to squats for one last warm up....this actually feels really really heavy and my squats feel very bad and grindy. Then tell myself not to be so soft, think myself that last warm up was spot on and load the bar heavier to begin my zigzag. Man it just all feels so bad on the knees.

Sorry that's long winded but I'm trying to describe it best I can. Basically as soon as i move away from the squat during warm ups and return to it, it feels not to warmed up anymore. Does anyone else run into this issue?

Are the zig zag so important? I scanned through the book last night and perhaps missed some thing. It says to do them and how to do them but I couldn't find why?
I think it keeps intensity high but does it compromise the program by not doing them?

Thanks in advance
Matt

Messages In This Thread
to zigzag or not to zigzag - by bicep_grind - 09-01-2016, 02:20 AM
RE: to zigzag or not to zigzag - by bicep_grind - 09-01-2016, 10:09 AM
RE: to zigzag or not to zigzag - by bicep_grind - 09-06-2016, 06:59 PM
RE: to zigzag or not to zigzag - by bicep_grind - 09-09-2016, 09:29 AM
RE: to zigzag or not to zigzag - by bicep_grind - 09-10-2016, 09:36 AM
RE: to zigzag or not to zigzag - by bicep_grind - 09-11-2016, 03:52 AM
to zigzag or not to zigzag - by Scott Stevenson - 09-11-2016, 06:03 AM
RE: to zigzag or not to zigzag - by bicep_grind - 09-11-2016, 06:20 AM
RE: to zigzag or not to zigzag - by bicep_grind - 09-11-2016, 06:32 PM