Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FIRST RUN AT FORTITUDE WHILE BOXING
(11-12-2016, 12:03 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Hulk,

I'm not sure what you mean by "boxing" but if your'e doing any vigorous boxing training whatsoever (or even if it's just light workouts), you're going to severely if not entirely cut into any gains you can make with FT. Many folks can't even include cardio (which I'm in favor of generally - not doing cardio) if they're making best use of the weight training (FT) stimulus to make bodybuilding gains.

You're going to run into:

1.) a issue of an interference effect: cardiovascular / endurance training interferes with strength and muscle gains.
2.) An overall training volume issue, such that you'll be relegated to Tier I (guessing) with the issue of having done so much other wise in the week that you'll not be recovered psychologically / neurologically to train with as much focus as you should.
3.) The wt. training will interfere with your boxing performance.
4.) All of the above can increase your risk of injury in the gym, boxing and/or lifting.

-S

So basically this is a terrible idea and youd recommend another form of training?

Messages In This Thread
RE: FIRST RUN AT FORTITUDE WHILE BOXING - by Hulksmash427 - 11-12-2016, 06:56 AM