Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scheduling / Program building
THANK YOU to Altamir and 731mikee for helping out here!!!

Amit, Altamir is going to give you GREAT advice! I would suggest that you look into his and other looks for another perspective on how FT is carried out, if you tend to get lost in a sea of details. (Of course the book contains this info., too.)

I get the sense here, especially from post #6 (your post) that your had (at least at that point) missed a a good deal of that basic information (# of sets, etc.).

I also have the question as to why you feel you'd need so many working sets. (My guess was that you've done a lot of Oly lifting.) If many of these bodybuilding movements are really (brand) new to you, it might make sense to spend a month or two just familiarize yourself with them, constructing a simple workout scheme that fits within your time constraints and doesn't entail you learning the parameters of doing FT. Basically, spend several weeks just some hard training with simple straight sets with an easy to follow split that works with your schedule, focusing mainly on building confidence and motor pathways so you can train hard with these new exercises. (You might be in a novel situation here as a veteran lifter who is not a veteran to these new exercises, in which case, it makes perfect sense to be certain you've nailed them formwise so you can generate the type of training stimulus needed to drive muscle growth. Smile )

-Scott
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Messages In This Thread
Scheduling / Program building - by Amit_S - 03-17-2017, 03:07 AM
RE: Scheduling / Program building - by 732mikee - 03-17-2017, 04:15 AM
RE: Scheduling / Program building - by Amit_S - 03-17-2017, 04:20 AM
RE: Scheduling / Program building - by 732mikee - 03-17-2017, 04:30 AM
RE: Scheduling / Program building - by Altamir - 03-17-2017, 04:51 AM
RE: Scheduling / Program building - by Amit_S - 03-17-2017, 03:59 PM
RE: Scheduling / Program building - by Altamir - 03-17-2017, 09:38 PM
RE: Scheduling / Program building - by Scott Stevenson - 03-17-2017, 11:44 PM
RE: Scheduling / Program building - by Amit_S - 03-23-2017, 06:21 AM
RE: Scheduling / Program building - by Altamir - 03-23-2017, 10:45 PM