Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this the correct structure for FT Tier 3?
(03-21-2017, 09:06 PM)Altamir Wrote: Mostly looks spot on. A few minor things.

- I don't think you need to zig-zag calves. I could be wrong on this, but I've always just done one machine for as many sets as prescribed for the tier.
- You are missing a shoulder and ab pump set if you are doing tier 3. There are three of them. (not sure about the vacuums)
- You need to super set your leg pump sets, there is not a minute of rest between each. Do it that way and you miss all the tortuous fun! PPP The minute of rest comes between your 1st calve pump set, and your 2nd round of thigh pump sets. (so as you have it, between seated calves and 2nd set of hack squats).
- Just a suggestion, but try not to plan or micromanage your pump sets. This comes with time, but by nature they should be auto-regulated each training session by how you are feeling and what you think needs the most attention. I personally struggle with this myself.
- You rotate ALL loading sets A,B,C style. So not only a different thigh lift, but different quad and hamstring isolation lifts as well. (this goes as well for upper loading as well) But the sequence you laid out looks good (as long as you feel those 3 lifts builds your thighs the best)

As usual, thank you for a great answer, Altamir.

To add to this:

- No, you'll not zig-zag calf movements, especially not in this fashion (4 different exercises). Firstly, you'd be hard pressed to be able to take over 4 machines at once. Plus, monitoring progression would be a pain in the ass. Simply pick one exercise for that days' loading sets and us it for all the sets. Smile

– As far as the vacuums, this actually is something I have folks do in lieu of an ab stretch, and most often simply do a Front relaxed pose (with or without vacuum) for a minute. This is not to say that flexibility in spinal extension isn't a good thing to have (from an ab stretch), but mostly folks need more ab control (keeping he abs flat / or vacuumed if that's a goal). After doing abs, or, especially ab/ shoulder Pump sets, holding a front relaxed is difficult, so as long as the execution is good, this is a great time to practice posing...

Doing this (with a mirror for feedback, but reducing this by closing the eyes) is a great way to make holding this position on stage a relative breeze. If you can, after just doing Pump sets for abs and delts, hold that front relaxed while the delts are already on fire and keep the abs tight when breathing like a locomotive (and the abs are fatigued) - for a solid timed minute - then maintaining this on stage, even at the end of a round of mandatory poses, will be a breeze.

THIS is where a physique can shine when the judges have a close call. The guy (or woman) who looks good and fresh, showing his / her physique in the best light at this point, compared to a competitor with a very comparable physique, but who can't show it due to fatigue, will come out on top. Beyond simply presentation, in the mind of judges (esp. those who have been competitors) this shows that you've put in some work with your posing, are in shape to do so and care about presentation, which can make them favor you over the competitors who apparently have not done so.

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is this the correct structure for FT Tier 3? - by Scott Stevenson - 03-21-2017, 11:31 PM