Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Triceps long head
(03-31-2017, 04:36 AM)Storm Wrote: Thanks for all the advice, I appreciate the help. Two questions about your suggestion, please:

1. DB decline skullkrushers -- neutral/hammer grip or pronated?

Neutral/Hammer Grip, you are going to want the dumbbells almost behind your head if you can manage it.

(03-31-2017, 04:36 AM)Storm Wrote: 2. Bands - Can you expand on what you did with them with an example or two of what worked well?

So the best is with the hammer strength dip machine if your gym has one. You can loop a band around one of the weight pins on the side of the machine, and then around the front of the machine, and then back onto the weight pin. I made a little picture the red lines are the bands. For me. I like the band tension to be HIGH!, its not a subtle increase in tension. I use EliteFTS Monster Minis
[Image: PHMHKN9.jpg]

2nd is a smith machine. Not sure what your smith machine is set up like, but mine has the weight pins back on the frame, and then safety stops at the bottom of the rack. So I bring the bands from the pins, around the safety stops, and then looped onto the bar. From here you can go close grip presses or Incline JM presses (Which are really good IMO, you can find these on John Meadows youtube I think)
[Image: lthA9gy.jpg]

3rd is attaching bands to ANY weight stack that is a tricep machine. So an extension, a pushdown, a dip machine. You can loop the band around the frame of the machine, or hold it down with a plate. Go to Home depot a buy a 1/4"x6", 1/2"x6", and 5/8"x6" nut. Should cost you about 2.50. And now you can add bands or weight to and weight stack you want. Even those with protected stacks. (note a 45 will bend a 1/4" nut)

Here is how it looks set up.

[Image: z3rhoOZ.jpg?1]

Hope some of this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions. Smile

Messages In This Thread
Triceps long head - by Storm - 03-30-2017, 10:40 PM
RE: Triceps long head - by Altamir - 03-30-2017, 11:38 PM
RE: Triceps long head - by Stewilliams - 03-31-2017, 12:09 AM
Triceps long head - by Storm - 03-31-2017, 04:36 AM
RE: Triceps long head - by Altamir - 03-31-2017, 05:13 AM
RE: Triceps long head - by Scott Stevenson - 03-31-2017, 11:18 PM
RE: Triceps long head - by 732mikee - 03-31-2017, 11:42 PM