Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to approach program after layoff?
(10-06-2017, 06:11 AM)Kleen Wrote: Oh okay, I see what you meant there. I am starting out too and originally thought I should just do 3 full body MR workouts a week. Then I decided to just start the program and build up work capacity while reintroducing myself to the movements I would be using. I have been working into it them on Tier 1. My first attempt at Lower Body Load had me hurling mid Pump sets for pper body. My 2nd lower body load I was able to complete my Pump work without puking but it was pretty brutal, and I spent 15 minutes in front of a fan trying not to die!

Looking back I feel that I definitely would have had a better transition if I had gone to the 3 MR workouts a week like I originally thought of doing. Perhaps even now on the 2nd week in I should consider the full body 3 times a week either one set, or the MRs like I would in an Intensive Cruise. Allow myself to build up work capacity so I can execute the workouts as they should be without excessive fatigue setting in like it is right now.

Scott, I was going to ask if you thought I should maybe try increasing work capacity in the same manor. Then while framing my question, I kind of answered it on my own. If I feel like my work capacity is hindering my ability to perform the program as it should be, then I should focus on increasing work capacity first.

Well, I think you've answered your own question here.

The good thing I'm reading is you know HOW to train hard - your body just needs to get used to doing so. Smile

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to approach program after payoff? - by Scott Stevenson - 10-06-2017, 11:38 PM