Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
stve75 traing log
(05-29-2018, 10:59 PM)Altamir Wrote: Sounds like you pretty well have things worked out honestly and I would not stress it too much. It's a learning process and should become intuitive over time. Smile The cut seems pretty aggressive, but not very long, and if you've held strength in the past, you probably would do well here. I'd maybe make a move up to tier 2 as some point when your food is high and see how that feels and where that puts you as far as recovery goes. Might give you a better idea what to expect as you diet down. And there are plenty of people who run their blasts during a deficit in a taper fashion. I did over the last 3 weeks of my last fat lost phase.

So obviously you would auto-regulate this, but lets say this went on for 6 weeks, and you felt like Tier 2 was something you could handle for a time.

Week 1: Tier 1, feeling good.
Week 2: Tier 2, feeling ok, a little depleted, but confindate about progressing.
Week 3: Tier 2, starting to really feel the diet, stalling on lifts.
Week 4: Tier 1, starting to feel just like you are getting back to neutral, not 100% confinate about progressing.
Week 5: Tier 1, starting to feel pretty decent, like you can finish strong.
Week 6: Tier 2, smoked by the end of this, but did pretty decent.
Cruise for 2 weeks and rest.

Obviously this is just a example, but maybe gives you an idea about how to adjust. Also you can adjust within the tiers, depending on MR and pump set choices. For example, last fat loss phase for me, about 4 weeks from the end, my shoulders started to lose strength. I switched from turbo to basic (extra time to rest for loading sets). Did only one lateral MR, and then a rear delt MR (less stress on the shoulder), and lowered the intensity on my pump sets (only straight sets to failures, no partials or 5's into the hole, or crazy stuff). The following week my shoulder strength was back and I was grinding it out at again.

Let me know if you have any questions on this or anything else Smile Cheers!
Brilliant advice re the pump sets + thanks for the example. I will no doubt have some questions in future. The last thing I want is an injury, I've learned the hard way with that

Messages In This Thread
stve75 traing log - by stve75 - 05-28-2018, 08:40 PM
RE: stve75 traing log - by ebado - 05-28-2018, 11:25 PM
RE: stve75 traing log - by stve75 - 05-29-2018, 08:51 PM
RE: stve75 traing log - by Altamir - 05-29-2018, 09:10 PM
RE: stve75 traing log - by stve75 - 05-29-2018, 10:24 PM
RE: stve75 traing log - by Altamir - 05-29-2018, 10:59 PM
RE: stve75 traing log - by stve75 - 05-29-2018, 11:49 PM