Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First blast! Any tips/recomendations are welcome
(09-23-2018, 02:00 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: You're welcome!

You could change your foot position substantially on the leg press for a variation there.

I'd pick up a hip squat belt from ironmind.com, which will give you a load of other exercise options, including lap squats.

You could do a leg press and then use a SLDL as your ham isolation exercise, maybe with DB's. (This is typically easy to add in as the DB's will be heavy and not in use, so you'd not even need to drag them over to the L. press)

If this is the freedom rack you mean, it's a great piece of equipment, IMO: Star Trac Max Rack | Star Trac

-S

I have been looking at the lap squats as a really good option. I will have to look into getting one of those belts!!! Could you use a dip belt and hook two carbiners to either side of the belt where the chain attaches and attach some straps to it that way??? I might have to try that Big Grin For now, though I may have to go with the leg press option you're referring to. I'm afraid the db STLD are not really an option due to my gym has db's that go up to 32,5 kg. I will keep these comments and ideas in the back of my mind for when I move on to a more equipped gym and can program things exactly how I want to.

And yes that is the exact model we have. I have honestly had a bit of a hard time making a good use of it. The gym doesn't have a rack or a smith only this. So I have had to become very clever in what exercises to do and how to do them. Now after 2 years I have learned to appreciate this machine but it's still not free weights haha.

Again thank you so much for the input and I will def make the changes suggested.

Messages In This Thread
RE: First blast! Any tips/recomendations are welcome - by henke_prytz - 09-23-2018, 06:03 AM