Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First blast! Any tips/recomendations are welcome
(10-12-2018, 01:08 AM)henke_prytz Wrote: Oh I must have missed that the thread had had some activity, I will def have another read. I have been reading up on the pump sets in the threads but clearly not enough. I've seen some stuff but never a "list" of good techniques to use. I've been using:

-Drop/triple drop sets
-Mechanical drop sets
-5's in the hole
-Partials
-1 &1/2 reps
-Just doing 20-30 (40) reps
-Would supersets be a good idea as well or would that be "adding" another exercise?

And I love the ability to autoregulate as that is something I have been missing prior. Especially with progressive overload as it makes it a bit hard to track. But am I missing something in terms of what to throw at my pump sets or another technique to add into my arsenal?

Be a tool maker and create your own tool (pump set technique) to suit yourself.

What you're missing is probably not a particular training technique, but rather the knowledge as to how to use the right one to suit your situation. It's a bit like someone who's bought he best toolkit at the hardware store and doesn't know what they all use and for some reason, wants to use them all regardless of the situation. Don't use a sledgehammer to remove a screw, or a hammer to drill a hole.

Pump sets could very well be used progressively if you wanted to, employing the same technique repeatedly, but the idea here is that you'd pick the technique (or derive one as you start the set, which is how I came with 5's into the Hole) based on how you feel in that very moment. For example, if you've just destroyed yourself with Lower Body loading on a given day, nearing the end of a Blast (several weeks in), are still sore in the upper body, then chances are it wouldn't be the best move to use 5's into the Hole for each and every Pump Set you do for Upper body that day.

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Messages In This Thread
RE: First blast! Any tips/recomendations are welcome - by Scott Stevenson - 10-12-2018, 11:20 PM