Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FT for an early intermediate
(12-11-2018, 12:00 PM)ZachM Wrote: I have been training very high frequency (each bodypart 4-6x/week) similar to what is outlined here by Borge Fagerli: https://www.elitefts.com/education/train...w-science/

Each session is fairly low volume for each bodypart though and I undulate reps over a heavy, medium, and light (myoreps).

My weekly volume for the major muscle groups is ~10-15 sets across the week.

I always strive for progressive overload in some way. In the past, the main issue was that I would hit a good stride and then have gut issues that would derail me. I am very confident now though that I have this under control.

So, I feel I am somewhat unique in that lifting is a not a novel stimulus for me, but I also am very weak relative to my potential due to being very underweight (~145lbs at 6'3).

I also have very high work capacity. I see very little dropoff in performance with several sets of the same exercise - even when I push the intensity.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I appreciate your help!

Roger the above.

How much progress have you made with Borge's approach?...

I don't know that (changing) training is where I'd start now, if I were you, based on your stats. Eating enough to gain weight would be were I'd place focus.

If you can get enough food in, you can likely gain for quite some time on a given training plan.

Have you ever training more so with a focus gaining strength (in a lower rep ranges)?...

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Messages In This Thread
FT for an early intermediate - by ZachM - 12-11-2018, 06:15 AM
RE: FT for an early intermeditate - by ZachM - 12-11-2018, 12:00 PM
RE: FT for an early intermeditate - by Scott Stevenson - 12-12-2018, 12:39 AM
RE: FT for an early intermeditate - by ZachM - 12-13-2018, 02:53 AM
RE: FT for an early intermeditate - by ZachM - 12-14-2018, 03:15 AM