Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FT for an early intermediate
(12-14-2018, 03:15 AM)ZachM Wrote: Thanks, Scott! I hope I didn't sound like I was blaming Borge's program. It was just based on an article he wrote and I put together the program myself. I think it is probably great. I still very much see him as one of the smart/good guysSmile

I just found FT very tempting so I wanted to give it a shot, but didn't know if I was a good candidate for it.

Sure!

Well, since you've not volunteered how you set up your training such that your progress came to a halt in less than a week, I can't help there. Somethings amiss if that's really the case, I suspect. (I can only guess you were dong the same exercise several times a week and trying to progress and, for instance, stopped progressing on the 4th training day of the week after doing the same exercise / workout for three previous workouts in that same week.)

FT could be good for you, but only if you're able to follow the program, etc.

Right now - whether your'e "qualified" to do FT is still a "black box" to me, b/c it's a very rare thing that someone could stall after training for just a week. Figure out why that happened and you'll know a lot more.

An analogy to make this clearer:

Let's say you've previously been a marathon runner, having run marathons (you've been pretty strong in the past, esp. given your size) and now are back in training. For *some reason* you are exhausted and unable to keep running in training after just 1 mile doing a particular training plan based (?) by the principles set forth by an established coach and are asking about doing another plan. That's a big red flag for moving forward. It could be nothing (misapplication of training principles) that's important or something more vital for progress, e.g., you're not able eat enough to grow, or have very poor recovery abilities, etc.

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Messages In This Thread
FT for an early intermediate - by ZachM - 12-11-2018, 06:15 AM
RE: FT for an early intermeditate - by ZachM - 12-11-2018, 12:00 PM
RE: FT for an early intermeditate - by ZachM - 12-13-2018, 02:53 AM
RE: FT for an early intermeditate - by ZachM - 12-14-2018, 03:15 AM
RE: FT for an early intermeditate - by Scott Stevenson - 12-15-2018, 01:52 AM