Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Science of pump sets
I'm going to keep my answers short, MM. I'm providing good detail to open things up for discussion, but without any recognition that you're receiving my response, that seem fruitless.

(03-11-2016, 04:11 AM)Machmood Wrote: In respect to progressing, I hear brad shoenfeld talk a lot about overall volume being the biggest Cue for hypertrophy . I wanna outline 2 scenarios and see your thoughts.

Scenario 1
Typical FT setup, let's say basic tier 2. Someone is able to progress on every lift marginally each time for loading and MRs. Say 5lbs or a rep or 2 each time . Basically exactly what you would want to see

Scenario 2
Someone jumps right into turbo tier 3, with loads of volume. Over their blast tney don't gain any strength but also don't lose any. So essentially they're doing double to triple the volume , but not progressing .

Turbo and Basic have equivalent volume. The difference is frequency.

Tier III is not triple the volume of Tier II. (Tier III is perhaps 2-2.5 times the volume if Tier I (one)

Quote:Which scenario do you see as more favorable ?? I know you advocate climbing up tiers mid blast, is this to simply see what you can handle , or is there an aspect of functionally over training and then hopefully sling shooting during the deload and seeing Strength gains

I don't necessarily advocate moving up Tiers unless that seems to match someone's recovery level. This is a form of auto-regulation

The Intensive Cruise is a taper, and yes, they idea is to butt up against overreaching / functional overtraining at the end of the Blast. This is a nebulous zone and up to the individual to experiment with.

I'd got with Scenario 1 each and every time as preferable (assuming the person is not dieting down and that's the main reason for not making strength gains). Strength and muscle mass will generally go hand in hand and if someone is making NO strength gains using this program (while gaining weight) then I'd say that something is amiss. (There could be reasons such as outside stress, changes in supplementation, etc., so context is important).

(I've got more thoughts, but I'll stop there.)

-S[/quote]
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Messages In This Thread
Science of pump sets - by Machmood - 03-07-2016, 01:25 AM
RE: Science of pump sets - by dens228 - 03-07-2016, 01:44 AM
RE: Science of pump sets - by Machmood - 03-07-2016, 02:58 AM
RE: Science of pump sets - by Scott Stevenson - 03-07-2016, 04:52 AM
RE: Science of pump sets - by dens228 - 03-07-2016, 04:18 AM
RE: Science of pump sets - by Machmood - 03-10-2016, 11:50 AM
RE: Science of pump sets - by Scott Stevenson - 03-10-2016, 11:04 PM
RE: Science of pump sets - by Machmood - 03-11-2016, 04:11 AM
RE: Science of pump sets - by Scott Stevenson - 03-11-2016, 04:46 AM
RE: Science of pump sets - by Machmood - 03-11-2016, 05:27 AM
RE: Science of pump sets - by jared - 04-07-2016, 05:32 AM