Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Frequency Questions
I've been following FT since it came out, just about, and I have made tremendous progress. I haven't went above tier 2 since I am generating enough intensity during my training to not need it.

My question is more about frequency in general. I started a new position at work where I walk over ten miles a night on rocks and I'm up and down small ladders from time to time as well. These shifts are twelve hours long and pretty fast paced.

I have had to increase calories quite a bit since starting due to my weight dropping. I haven't done any form of cardio in over a year and this is a large reason for the weight drop I'm sure.

I am enhanced. AAS, gh, slin pre workout on training days.

My issue is legs. Over the past month they have slightly down sized and, I feel like they are never fully recovering from work, much less training. I know stimulating the muscle with weight training is needed but, with the shock of how much extra cardio I'm doing, should frequency be decreased possibly? Calories increase even more around leg training or maybe overall?

Thank you for any insight.
(03-12-2018, 02:51 AM)Montego Wrote: I've been following FT since it came out, just about, and I have made tremendous progress. I haven't went above tier 2 since I am generating enough intensity during my training to not need it.

My question is more about frequency in general. I started a new position at work where I walk over ten miles a night on rocks and I'm up and down small ladders from time to time as well. These shifts are twelve hours long and pretty fast paced.

I have had to increase calories quite a bit since starting due to my weight dropping. I haven't done any form of cardio in over a year and this is a large reason for the weight drop I'm sure.

I am enhanced. AAS, gh, slin pre workout on training days.

My issue is legs. Over the past month they have slightly down sized and, I feel like they are never fully recovering from work, much less training. I know stimulating the muscle with weight training is needed but, with the shock of how much extra cardio I'm doing, should frequency be decreased possibly? Calories increase even more around leg training or maybe overall?

Thank you for any insight.

Yes, that's a lot of wear n' tear on your legs, for sure. \

First thing is that you'll need to eat more if you're to gain any weight, which could be VERY hard to do in this situation.

Recovery needs to be your focus here, so I might do something like this if I were you:

Train legs just twice a week:

A MR day (Tier I) midweek.
A Loading set day on the weekend / whenever you can have a day or two off work to recovery, training with Tier III if possible.

This way, you're not taxing yourself during the week to the point where you can't recover but are accumulating volume (hopefully).

This might look like this (assuming you have a M-F work schedule). I"m wondering if you're a ranger of some sort, so this might mean you work on weekends(?)...

Saturday: Legs (Tier III) Load / Upper Pump
Sunday: Upper Load, No Lower Pump

Tues: Lower MR (Day 3)

Thurs: Upper MR (Day 4)

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.