Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite exercise selections?
Just curious because I have been reading across the forum and realize how limited I have been in my knowledge of different exercises.

What’s everyone’s favorite isolation exercise for

Quads and hams in FT training and why?

I interested in trying them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quads:

1. Sissy Squats on a HacK Squat Sled. - Love it because you can get a good stretch and load them up pretty decently. They hurt like hell, and you can really grind out some reps.
2. Somersault Squats - Amazing stretch and isolation. Not the easiest to load or make huge strength gains on. Usually better for higher reps.
3. I love leg extensions for pump sets. Even though they are basic, you can do some real sinister stuff with them during a pump set.

Hamstrings:
1. Banded or Reverse Banded Barbell (or Smith Machine) Stiff Legged Deadlifts - Easy to load, bands take some weight off the bottom, making not only it easier on the low back, but more encouraging to take a full or deeper ROM
2. Gironda Hamstring Curl - Done on a machine or with a DB. I don't have a machine, so I'm limited as to what I can do with a DB. Amazing contraction.
(03-31-2018, 02:22 AM)Altamir Wrote: Quads:

1. Sissy Squats on a HacK Squat Sled. - Love it because you can get a good stretch and load them up pretty decently. They hurt like hell, and you can really grind out some reps.
2. Somersault Squats - Amazing stretch and isolation. Not the easiest to load or make huge strength gains on. Usually better for higher reps.
3. I love leg extensions for pump sets. Even though they are basic, you can do some real sinister stuff with them during a pump set.

Hamstrings:
1. Banded or Reverse Banded Barbell (or Smith Machine) Stiff Legged Deadlifts - Easy to load, bands take some weight off the bottom, making not only it easier on the low back, but more encouraging to take a full or deeper ROM
2. Gironda Hamstring Curl - Done on a machine or with a DB. I don't have a machine, so I'm limited as to what I can do with a DB. Amazing contraction.

Thanks I am going to look them up. This program is so different from everything I have ever done so it’s taking me a bit to plan my workout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk