Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm a dick, so I had my first ED
Maybe my experience can be useful to others, so I'll share here.

my status: 41 years old, very stressful job(s).
At the moment I'm cutting for summer.
I was training FT, III tier...
Everything was going great when I said to myself "ok...training volume for lower body is too low". So, I changed the program into a 5 training days program (I had 3 days training MR).
I said "the 6 weeks blast is too short for me, I'm a superhero and can go for more weeks".
Than I said "ok...I need one hour cardio/daily".
After several weeks of my "hardcore routine", 2 nights ago I was with a girl and...boom! My penis was dead. Never happened before. DEAD!
I think (and I hope) my problem is related to "overreaching".
I spent the last 2 days sleeping...and I stopped my cutting diet (I'm at maintenance).
Since tomorrow, I'll start my intensive cruise.
Hope to recover fast and hope to get the rebound effect for my body comp and my strength.
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to duchaine for this post:
  • Con, makster, Scott Stevenson
Thanks for your honesty, man. Not the first time folks have petered out (pun intended) using Tier III, but it sounds like you added on top of that, too...

Sounds like a re-feed would be in order, my man. Smile

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(06-01-2019, 08:54 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Thanks for your honesty, man. Not the first time folks have petered out (pun intended) using Tier III, but it sounds like you added on top of that, too...

Sounds like a re-feed would be in order, my man. Smile

-S

We are here to share info to help each other...I hope someone else won't give the same "bad impression" I gave to that girl lol

Do you suggest to eat above maintenance cals during the cruise?
(06-01-2019, 09:30 AM)duchaine Wrote: We are here to share info to help each other...I hope someone else won't give the same "bad impression" I gave to that girl lol

Do you suggest to eat above maintenance cals during the cruise?

No, I suggest eating according to one's circumstances and goals during the cruise.

You've pushed too far and should probably eat over maintenance for a few days, it sounds like, but beyond that, I can't say, as you've not outlined exactly what you did, nor how you're doing to do your cruise training-wise, etc.

(You won't find generic answers forthcoming here too often. Smile )

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
my update:
FOOD:
I'm eating slight above my caloric maintenance (around 2900 cals).

TRAINING:
for the last 3 days, I had only one workout.
I had day 3, Tier I, Turbo version.
I know in your book you suggest to drop down a volume tier. Anyway, because I felt very tired, I went from my super high volume to tier I.
Do you think I'm dropping volume too much?
I will have another workout today...I feel strong and I do not know if I should go for tier I or tier II (anyway, I suppose it doesn't make a big difference).

BODY COMPOSITION:
I'm not taking DEXA SCAN in this period and I stopped using US Naval or skin folds because these methods made me crazy.
Just using scale and taking pics.
This morning I was 3 pounds heavier than I started my cutting...and I'm leaner

MY...you know!
Everything is ok...I can say that eating and resting are giving their results!
(06-02-2019, 10:08 PM)duchaine Wrote: my update:
FOOD:
I'm eating slight above my caloric maintenance (around 2900 cals).

TRAINING:
for the last 3 days, I had only one workout.
I had day 3, Tier I, Turbo version.
I know in your book you suggest to drop down a volume tier. Anyway, because I felt very tired, I went from my super high volume to tier I.
Do you think I'm dropping volume too much?
I will have another workout today...I feel strong and I do not know if I should go for tier I or tier II (anyway, I suppose it doesn't make a big difference).

BODY COMPOSITION:
I'm not taking DEXA SCAN in this period and I stopped using US Naval or skin folds because these methods made me crazy.
Just using scale and taking pics.
This morning I was 3 pounds heavier than I started my cutting...and I'm leaner

MY...you know!
Everything is ok...I can say that eating and resting are giving their results!

Question answered. Smile

-S
-Scott

thanks Doc.
I poster my thanks some days ago...but I can't read it. I think something went wrong.

I had a 8 days diet break while I had my intensive cruise.
End result? my waistline is the same....and I'm 2,5 kg heavier!

There is something I'm missing about intensive cruise.
Do you thing that people grow DURING i.c. (because "super compensation" from the previous over reaching) or AFTER i.c. (because the rebound effect after deloading) ?
(06-07-2019, 12:08 PM)duchaine Wrote: thanks Doc.
I poster my thanks some days ago...but I can't read it. I think something went wrong.

Sounds like it. Sad

Quote:I had a 8 days diet break while I had my intensive cruise.
End result? my waistline is the same....and I'm 2,5 kg heavier!

There is something I'm missing about intensive cruise.
Do you thing that people grow DURING i.c. (because "super compensation" from the previous over reaching) or AFTER i.c. (because the rebound effect after deloading) ?

Page 92 in the book. Smile

-S

-Scott

(06-07-2019, 09:50 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Sounds like it. Sad

Page 92 in the book. Smile

-S

Pag. 92: pump sets... Huh
at 97 you say that "the purpose of the cruise to both ensure recovery and fully harness a slight overreaching rebound using a taper".

(06-08-2019, 08:45 PM)duchaine Wrote: Pag. 92: pump sets... Huh
at 97 you say that "the purpose of the cruise to both ensure recovery and fully harness a slight overreaching rebound using a taper".

Yes, that's the passage.

-S
-Scott