Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Program adjustment
Well i started my third blast with ft turbo tier 3 and on upper loading i injured myself warming up on the smith incline.So pissed as i was progressing every blast.This is the third time i've injured myself on chest.

So today lower load i was able to do pump sets for back and arms.On back i have no problem rowing but any type of pulldown i feel it.Chest only with right arm.Is there any way i can structure the program while letting my injury heal.I dont want to regress again as i was out 3 months with a hernia last year.Here is a pic of the injury.    

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk
(01-08-2020, 12:57 AM)kastro Wrote: Well i started my third blast with ft turbo tier 3 and on upper loading i injured myself warming up on the smith incline.So pissed as i was progressing every blast.This is the third time i've injured myself on chest.

So today lower load i was able to do pump sets for back and arms.On back i have no problem rowing but any type of pulldown i feel it.Chest only with right arm.Is there any way i can structure the program while letting my injury heal.I dont want to regress again as i was out 3 months with a hernia last year.Here is a pic of the injury.

Sorry to hear about the injury, man.

Sounds like there's a pattern here with chest?...

It wouldn't be my place from here on the other side of a screen and keyboard to make suggestions first and foremost and also, you've not put forth a diagnosis.

I'd get to a medical professional and get a full workup done on your situation.

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Well saw my md today and he said it is a small tear as it did not look rolled up.He felt i do not need an mri.On the good side i hit back really heavy with no pain.So i will be doing mr back arms and legs until i can start working chest again.I was making so much progress with the program[emoji20].

Doc that last episode of muscle minds was my favorite.Alot of good ft training talk with the muscle rounds.

(01-11-2020, 03:06 PM)kastro Wrote: Well saw my md today and he said it is a small tear as it did not look rolled up.He felt i do not need an mri.On the good side i hit back really heavy with no pain.So i will be doing mr back arms and legs until i can start working chest again.I was making so much progress with the program[emoji20].

Doc that last episode of muscle minds was my favorite.Alot of good ft training talk with the muscle rounds.

That's good new on the injury, man. I'd look at the pattern of those for you and see if you can avoid any further damage. Sounds like you might need to do some adjusing exerciser-wise or at least order of exercises, i.e., pec isolation and a very good warm-up preceding any bar pressing.

Glad you liked it! Totally unplanned - we just happened into having that discussion. Smile

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Scott what do you think about these.I got this message from the owner of the company.
Hi, it sounds like the Limb Difference aid is what you need: https://www.activehands.com/product/limb...rence-aid/ It requires a widening at the wrist to act as an 'anchor' and then the straps hold your weights/ bar in place. If you decide to order and then it doesn't work for you you can always return it (provided it is in resalable condition)

(04-08-2021, 04:07 AM)kastro Wrote: Scott what do you think about these.I got this message from the owner of the company.
Hi, it sounds like the Limb Difference aid is what you need: https://www.activehands.com/product/limb...rence-aid/ It requires a widening at the wrist to act as an 'anchor' and then the straps hold your weights/ bar in place. If you decide to order and then it doesn't work for you you can always return it (provided it is in resalable condition)

My apologies i posted on the wrong thread.This was supposed to be on my other one lol.

(04-08-2021, 04:07 AM)kastro Wrote: Scott what do you think about these.I got this message from the owner of the company.

Hey Bud!

I'm far from a prosthetics expert, but it looks like you've got nothing to lose. Try it out and return it if it doesn't work.  It's relatively inexpensive, so even if it's only useful for certain lifts, it would be a good thing to have around, I'd think. Smile 

-S
-Scott

Yes going to order that.So i just joined a second gym planet fitness lol but it gives me more options to rotate in the lifts.Plus i cam actually press with the smythe machine just set the safeties up.Im going to start on the basic tier 1 again and complete one cycle before moving up to tiers.I loved the turbo before my injury.I love that smith tbar row you posted a while back also plus there is a straight smyth in gym one lol.

Scott is there any app that i can use to log my training?I have tried most of them but they are a pain with the processes and built in junk.I have always used simple notebooks but i cant write  worth a damn with my left hand. UndecidedGeez i just need a simple way to log my stuff but they are have bloated stuff.

ps
That 100th episode was a classic sir. Err
(04-11-2021, 10:11 AM)kastro Wrote: Yes going to order that.So i just joined a second gym planet fitness lol but it gives me more options to rotate in the lifts.Plus i cam actually press with the smythe machine just set the safeties up.Im going to start on the basic tier 1 again and complete one cycle before moving up to tiers.I loved the turbo before my injury.I love that smith tbar row you posted a while back also plus there is a straight smyth in gym one lol.

Scott is there any app that i can use to log my training?I have tried most of them but they are a pain with the processes and built in junk.I have always used simple notebooks but i cant write  worth a damn with my left hand. UndecidedGeez i just need a simple way to log my stuff but they are have bloated stuff.

ps

That 100th episode was a classic sir. Err

Hey Bud!

Good call on the second gym it sounds like.  I think you'll be able to make good use of the variety / work-arounds for sure.

Have you tried using the FT logs (free where you buy the e-book?...)  

I imagine you'll likely know more so now vs. in the past what exercises you'll likely do so maybe you could construct a week's training log (like in the logs I provide) and fill in the exercises (and sets) on a computer so all you'd have to do is write in the reps.  (I bet you should become pretty good writing lefty if you made a daily habit of practicing it...)

-S

-Scott

Yeah i have the logs.So im using google doc on my phone to log in the gym and when i get home i transfer it to the ft logs just the loading and muscle rounds.The pump sets i just go by feel.Should be fun to see how much i can gain back winkie.Now just waiting for your ft 2.0 biggrin