Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soreness
So i added a smith rack dead just above the knees muscle round followed by a smith shrug mr and my upper back is on fire lol.Now on one of my upper loading days i have barbell rack deads below the knees but i don't do them the same week.I also have a vbar handle tbar row i use for muscle rounds but i don't get the soreness i got last night with that combo.I have three more weeks before the cruise but i will drop to the basic tier one to extend the blast.Scott i notice how you stay more upright on bb rows but i can see your back working.I tend to bend down a little more but sometimes i am getting stiffness.You have great contraction on your rows.Rowing was always my strongest movements repping up to 405x6 fairly clean.Now after my hosptal stay im really struggling getting up there again.I really thought i would gain everything by now HuhBut i am gaining slow but steady with the program.I see how fast Dusty gained back his size Smile
(09-09-2021, 11:09 AM)kastro Wrote: So i added a smith rack dead just above the knees muscle round followed by a smith shrug mr and my upper back is on fire lol.Now on one of my upper loading days i have barbell rack deads below the knees but i don't do them the same week.I also have a vbar handle tbar row i use for muscle rounds but i don't get the soreness i got last night with that combo.I have three more weeks before the cruise but i will drop to the basic tier one to extend the blast.Scott i notice how you stay more upright on bb rows but i can see your back working.I tend to bend down a little more but sometimes i am getting stiffness.You have great contraction on your rows.Rowing was always my strongest movements repping up to 405x6 fairly clean.Now after my hosptal stay im really struggling getting up there again.I really thought i would gain everything by now HuhBut i am gaining slow but steady with the program.I see how fast Dusty gained back his size Smile

Hey Bud!

Glad you're finding what works for you!  (You might be the first person to mention they can sense I have a good contraction in staying upright in that way - that's what I sense, and see, too.  Smile )

(You can cruise whenever you need to - in an autoregulated way - but maybe you've got some other scheduling circumstances that make a cruise in 3 weeks more sensible?...)

Everyone will have his own recovery path, and I've not seen Dusty's physique (shirtless, let's say), but his weight was waaaay below his set point for him - I'm thinking more so than you - so a more rapid return makes sense.

How far off are you size / body mass-wise and as far as you weights not he BO Row?...

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Well I was coming off a hernia surgery in 2019.I started the ft basic tier 1 and gained everything fast. Top weight 260 bbrow 405x6, Rack dead 500x10 Smith bench and hammer incline were and always have been a struggle. My chest development has been subpar no matter what I tries. Shoulders back very good.

After the six month hospital stay things are moving slow. I am keeping cals in the 2k range as my activity level is pretty much none. Low calorie dense foods with cereal post workout. I'm scared to put up pics but maybe I will have my sons take some.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk
(09-10-2021, 05:45 AM)kastro Wrote: Well I was coming off a hernia surgery in 2019.I started the ft basic tier 1 and gained everything fast. Top weight 260 bbrow 405x6, Rack dead 500x10 Smith bench and hammer incline were and always have been a struggle. My chest development has been subpar no matter what I tries. Shoulders back very good.

After the six month hospital stay things are moving slow. I am keeping cals in the 2k range as my activity level is pretty much none. Low calorie dense foods with cereal post workout. I'm scared to put up pics but maybe I will have my sons take some.

I hear you on the chest development.  If you're usually sore there, you might try scaling back what you do even more (drop down a Tier on FT for just that muscle group.)

What are you rowing currently?...

-S

-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(09-11-2021, 12:46 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: I hear you on the chest development.  If you're usually sore there, you might try scaling back what you do even more (drop down a Tier on FT for just that muscle group.)

What are you rowing currently?...

-S
Well last load 3 weeks ago 200 on the Smith for 6 lol. I don't count the 20# bar[emoji16]
Next blast I'm going to do the free weight version maybe. I am scheduled for upper loading on Sunday so I might just get ballsy and add ten pounds since it will be the last loading day with those lifts. I wish I could contract my back the way you do with your rows it looks like such a favorable position to avoid injury.

I have come to terms that my right arm will never gain the size it had. They cut me from the pec isertion down to my hand because of the MRSA sepsis. But I can get bigger overall. I'm currently sitting at 207 fasted. I might just up to 3k and keep an eye on bf gain ratio. Rock [emoji869] Scott!

(09-11-2021, 12:18 PM)kastro Wrote: Well last load 3 weeks ago 200 on the Smith for 6 lol. I don't count the 20# bar[emoji16]
Next blast I'm going to do the free weight version maybe. I am scheduled for upper loading on Sunday so I might just get ballsy and add ten pounds since it will be the last loading day with those lifts. I wish I could contract my back the way you do with your rows it looks like such a favorable position to avoid injury.

Is there something about how you must train now that's keeping you from adjusting your form to be more like what I do?...

If not, you'd simply need to start again with much lighter weights, be very cognizant of your mind muscle connection and work you way back up from there.  That's something that many need to do anyway as they get stronger and form starts to "slip" a bit when tackling new weights / PRs.

Quote: I have come to terms that my right arm will never gain the size it had. They cut me from the pec isertion down to my hand because of the MRSA sepsis. But I can get bigger overall. I'm currently sitting at 207 fasted. I might just up to 3k and keep an eye on bf gain ratio. Rock [emoji869] Scott!

Yes, exactly!  If anything, getting more size given what you've done to find a way to train would be even more impressive given your "battle scar."  Smile 

-S

-Scott

(09-11-2021, 11:17 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Is there something about how you must train now that's keeping you from adjusting your form to be more like what I do?...

If not, you'd simply need to start again with much lighter weights, be very cognizant of your mind muscle connection and work you way back up from there.  That's something that many need to do anyway as they get stronger and form starts to "slip" a bit when tackling new weights / PRs.

[color=#333333][size=small][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]
Yes, exactly!  If anything, getting more size given what you've done to find a way to train would be even more impressive given your "battle scar."  Smile 

-S
Not really it's become a more mental thing now seeing how much I lost. Though I do find it harder to contract my back with the difference in my limb. It's a battle but it just makes the gains I have made that much better. I got out of the hospital weighing 160[emoji20]

(09-13-2021, 03:10 PM)kastro Wrote: Not really it's become a more mental thing now seeing how much I lost. Though I do find it harder to contract my back with the difference in my limb. It's a battle but it just makes the gains I have made that much better. I got out of the hospital weighing 160[emoji20]

Roger that.  Sounds like as you gain strength and size back, the mental hurdle will diminish!  Smile 

-S
-Scott

(09-14-2021, 09:20 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Roger that.  Sounds like as you gain strength and size back, the mental hurdle will diminish!  Smile 

-S
Thank you sir. One more question. Do you like the incline bench dbell row? I did my pump set for back with these where I face down on an incline bench with two dbells rowing. They felt really good but the weight was substantially low as you can't really use momentum. Scott thank you so much for taking the time to answer questions. You really are such a great wealth of information sir.

(09-14-2021, 09:27 AM)kastro Wrote: Thank you sir. One more question. Do you like the incline bench dbell row? I did my pump set for back with these where I face down on an incline bench with two dbells rowing. They felt really good but the weight was substantially low as you can't really use momentum. Scott thank you so much for taking the time to answer questions. You really are such a great wealth of information sir.

I do like those - a lot - but what’s more important is that you do or don’t like them. They are a great choice for MR’s and PUmp sets, but even loading sets if you like (and need to manage Low back loading).

Yes the weight will be a LOT less than you could otherwise - which really suggests how much momentum is involved with a lot of rowing.

You’re welcome!  Good questions and glad to help out!

-S
-Scott