Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Warming up
Hello, everybody...

It's my 1st contact with FT and I have a doubt about the warm up.

I've been working out for about 15 years and learned that I need to warm up a lot to avoid tendinitis.

Here is my question:

in loading phase should I warm up very well every new exercise to do the sets? Like I would start a regular weider training?

For example: upper body loading

Back:
3 sets warming up + 1 loading set

Chest:

Shoulder:

Bi:

Tri:

As it is a full body I'll have to do a lot of warming sets... is that ok?

I ask that because the way I work out today with a ABCDE split, so I do 3-5 warming up sets before start every training section.

Question n2:

Is there some video with a complete FT training routine? Not only the MR (those are Ok to me) but with all Day1 and Day2 steps and examples... a full training video.

Best regards!
Hey Thiago!

The easiest way for me to answer this is to say:

•  Check the book again on how to zig zag loading sets.  I think reading that and looking at the figured would help.

•  Warming up is, IMO, entirely individual.  I've address this many times here so a search would help you find those answers.  I would simply warm up as you see fit, but if that doesn't work with the zig zagging pattern of loading sets (see the book - what you're describing above would not be zig-zagging), and you feel you need to be warmed up differently, then go the safer route.

• I have the sense from the nature of your question that you might not yet be experienced enough to be doing FT formally. (It's presumed that you are advanced enough to know your personal requirements for warming up.)  It could be that you've simply not read the book as I would imagine there are many bastardized version / descriptions of FT training to be found these days.

• There is no video for FT in that sense, although my instagram (@fortitude_training) contains examples of every aspect of FT.  (Again, the book is the go to resource, but I understand that reading is not everyone's best way of taking in info.)

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Very good, Scott! Thank you for your answer.

Now I got the zigzag and Tier III. It makes a lot more sense.

As the book examples loading sets (tier III):
Squat
Knee Ex (F)
Squat
Ham (F)
Squat (F)

It would be much more easier to do a good warm up in the begining and work out the legs totally safe.

Could you give me one exemple of upper body zigzag? Tier III like the example above as I did? I'd appreciate it very much.

Thank you for your atenttion.
(12-15-2021, 04:14 AM)ThiagoAmorim Wrote: Very good, Scott! Thank you for your answer.

Now I got the zigzag and Tier III. It makes a lot more sense.

As the book examples loading sets (tier III):
Squat
Knee Ex (F)
Squat
Ham (F)
Squat (F)

It would be much more easier to do a good warm up in the begining and work out the legs totally safe.

Could you give me one exemple of upper body zigzag? Tier III like the example above as I did? I'd appreciate it very much.

Thank you for your atenttion.

Sure!

There are examples of upper body zig-zagging in the book, too, in the same section. Smile (Not sure what else you might be looking for... )

-Scott

-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Some thoughts on warm up.

I always do a general warmup in the beginning before hitting the exercises to get the joints warm. For legs it might be backwards sled drags without weight, dynamic stretches, bodyweight squats in different stances etc. If I'm training both upper and lower body, I first warm up the upper body, then train it, then warmup the lower body, then train legs.

As for the exercises themselves, I go through the zig-zag routine with each exercise starting with just the bar (or equivalent) bumping up the weights and lowering the reps each round. Of course the last warmup round may only be a single on each exercise so as to prevent fatigue before the actual working set(s). By this point my muscles and joints are super warm and ready for action, and in fact, I find this style of training warms me up better than just warming up on a single exercise like in a "regular" bodybuilding workout.