Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FT Questions....
(05-09-2020, 02:59 PM)Robbie Wrote: Oh yeah! That’s what happens after reading about zigzagging for the 100th time Big Grin

LOL!

I have a challenge out to the Instagram Universe. I don't think anyone - not one single time - has ever posted an accurate description of how to do FT Muscle Rounds (that i've seen of course).

Not one single time... LOL

It's like an ever degrading version of the telephone game, with the descriptions getting further and further from the original... Smile

-S

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(05-09-2020, 11:00 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: LOL!

I have a challenge out to the Instagram Universe. I don't think anyone - not one single time - has ever posted an accurate description of how to do FT Muscle Rounds (that i've seen of course).

Not one single time... LOL

It's like an ever degrading version of the telephone game, with the descriptions getting further and further from the original... Smile

-S

-S

I’ve not done one in a while, I’d be rereading the section before the gyms reopen for the bits I’m trying to remember

6 sets of 4 reps, 10/15 breaths between sets. 1 failure point, if on the 6th set keep going till you fail, if failing before that - drop the weight and finish off that set?

Hopefully I haven’t bastardis*d it too much!
(05-10-2020, 06:33 PM)Robbie Wrote: I’ve not done one in a while, I’d be rereading the section before the gyms reopen for the bits I’m trying to remember

6 sets of 4 reps, 10/15 breaths between sets. 1 failure point, if on the 6th set keep going till you fail, if failing before that - drop the weight and finish off that set?

Hopefully I haven’t bastardis*d it too much!

LOL!

Please check the book around page 92.

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Scott,

Recently going through some of Jordan Peter's Logs, I found that he used your system way back in 2016 for NABBA. That is pretty sick!

Jordan says most individuals could benefit from a fullbody or upper/lower program to really get a base and gain strength in the gym and I agree. Even though I have been bodybuilding for 3 years, I never went through those phases. I ran your program for a blast and man it was fun! I definitely thought I could handle tier 3, but ended up having to deload from the fatigue sooner than I thought.

Jordan laid out a fullbody program where you just train EOD rotating heavy upper / light lower and heavy lower / light upper. This is pretty close to your program minus the muscle round days so my question is are the muscle round days to help with not having to continuously load every day you enter the gym and help with systematic fatigue? Or is it just a day to give a different type of stimulus to the muscle? Thanks in advance!
(06-15-2020, 05:31 AM)jlecoq Wrote: Scott,

Recently going through some of Jordan Peter's Logs, I found that he used your system way back in 2016 for NABBA. That is pretty sick!

Jordan says most individuals could benefit from a fullbody or upper/lower program to really get a base and gain strength in the gym and I agree. Even though I have been bodybuilding for 3 years, I never went through those phases. I ran your program for a blast and man it was fun! I definitely thought I could handle tier 3, but ended up having to deload from the fatigue sooner than I thought.

Jordan laid out a fullbody program where you just train EOD rotating heavy upper / light lower and heavy lower / light upper. This is pretty close to your program minus the muscle round days so my question is are the muscle round days to help with not having to continuously load every day you enter the gym and help with systematic fatigue? Or is it just a day to give a different type of stimulus to the muscle? Thanks in advance!

Sure, man!

The MR's are there for a few reasons:

Variety of loading scheme - increasing "effective" reps, so to speak, without the expense on the nervous system that comes with having more failure points as you would with straight sets.

Exercise variety: You can use exercises that you might not want to use for your big loading sets but aren't the best for high rep sets.

The reps after a failure point (if failing in the 4th or 5th set of the MR) offer the chance to further improve the mind muscle connection and, with the lesser load, mean you can be sure the focus is on the target muscle vs. the tendency that many have to start using accessory muscles to move the load / complete reps.

People find the MR's FUN!

You can be sure that if you execute it correctly, that you're going to get a great stimulus with a MR, but the seem to be less psychologically taxing in that you can enter into the MR knowing the first 2-3 sets won't require maximal effort. (I.e., you don't have to psych up for a MR quite in the way you would for a straight set.)

Also, for those who get anxious about *having* to do certain exercises all the time (in a specific rotation), the option to choose the MR on the fly reduces this stress and also ensure you're not doing exercises that don't feel right (e.g., b/c of wear and tear / niggles or because of whatever exercises were done previously). So, you can adapt your training with exercise selection in essential a common sense way, rather than being locked into an exercise that you "must" do.

And the variety of a different set type (three in the system vs. just heavy and light) also makes the program more enjoyable, it seems. This is super important in my opinion for keeping motivation high and thus training efforts high.

-S
-Scott

Hey Scott have u a go too exercise alternative section? Im trying to do virgin voyager but my gyms still closed
(06-18-2020, 10:24 PM)Jamesnelson Wrote: Hey Scott have u a go too exercise alternative section? Im trying to do virgin voyager but my gyms still closed

Hey James,

First thing I'd do if you don't have a basic understanding or knowledge of exercises for different muscle groups is take a look at the dozens of such guides around the net. John Meadows has a nice guide on his youtube page.

I don't have a go to exercise selection - that is an individual's choice.

The VV is actually something I steer folks away from, but i was begged to make a daily trainer, so I did so. (Ironically, I don't think any of the dozens of folks who repeatedly asked for it actually bought it... )

It is a training wheels level program in that sense as you don't have a choice as to what exercises to do and that is an important aspect of training.

If you've not got a gym, and are using the VV as an intro to FT, I'd probably just wait it out, TBH. You can do FT at home with minimal equipment, but you'd need to:

1.) Have a solid repertoire of exercises to choose from
2.) Know which of these lend themselves better to the different FT Set types
3.) Have to on top of #1, be creative due to lack of home equipment.

So, you could just wade through FT and do what you can with what you have, but EVEN IF I did have an alternative exercise selection section / listing, it probably wouldn't apply to you b/c you've not got much at home.

If you check out my instagram, it's partially devoted to exercise alternatives and I have some at home exercises posted there over the past few months:

https://www.instagram.com/fortitude_training/

-S
-Scott

Hi Scott,

On Family Man, Day 3 (al tiers) it says to do a MR for “Thigh (Ham)”.

Does that mean it should be a ham dominant thigh exercise like an RDL?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(06-19-2020, 12:14 AM)Storm Wrote: Hi Scott,

On Family Man, Day 3 (al tiers) it says to do a MR for “Thigh (Ham)”.

Does that mean it should be a ham dominant thigh exercise like an RDL?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Bud!

So folk have taken the Family Man plan as a perfectly balanced 3 day / week FT version whereas it was actually set up as a custom plan for a client of mine

So, to answer your question, that's up to you. Smile

-S
-Scott

Hi Scott, there’s a post somewhere amongst the thousands (which stupidly I didn’t make a copy of) where it felt like you were suggesting that the isolation exercises on load days could be (and maybe even that you preferred them to be) the same for each of the three rotations.

With the gyms in the U.K. reopening soon not changing the isolation exercises would work really well for me as I’ve got a few things I can do wherever I am in the gym.

So the question is, should I be aiming for variation with isolation exercises or can I program the same ones and stay within the spirit of the program?

Thanks Smile