Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FT Questions....
No worries! One of the things I first fought with in FT was wanting to do more. In my log I've learned that I get better results from Tier 1 with as much intensity that I can humanly muster. Remember, if you are doing stiff leg deads, GM's, and such, you are also working your The other beauty of FT is the frequency with which you hit each bodypart.

Hit each workout with all you can and you will succeed.
OOk so looking at basic tier ii, my back could look like this

Day 1 pump chest/back (2)
Decline hammer chest / rope pulley lat pulls
Pec deck flys/ pulley kneeling single arm row

Day 2 load Back (3)
Tbar row
Underhand pulldown machine
Rack pull

Day 4 muscle rounds
V grip pulldown MR
Smith machine overhand BB row MR
Pulley V grip row Mr

I have a question for day 2. It says 3 sets for back. Is that supposed to be a zig zag with an ISO in there somewhere?? Lol I see it as a green light to smash 3
Big movements but that could be wrong. I think tne point of the zig zag is to have some ISO work
Tier 2 loading day would be zig zag between width and thickness. Two of one, one of the other. Dealers choice on which.

So T-bar, close grip pulldowns, back to t-bar as an example.
Ahh got ya. I'm really excited about doing MRs with compound lifts . Take t bar rows. I always felt
If you take it to true failure form always falls apart. On MR because it's sub maximal weight you can really target the area you want, use big weight, and not always be thinking did I progress or did I jut use some extra body English
(03-04-2016, 11:28 AM)Machmood Wrote: I will be starting FT in a couple weeks(tier 1). I have a question about back training. One thing I learned with my time with DC is my back can handle more volume and still progress. One thing I started doing was a width exercise and 2 thickness ones. One would be a neutral/underhand grip type row pulled to the Lower stomach, and one would be a wider overhand grip pulled to the upper stomach/nipple area, or a rack pull. For me these 2 exercises hit the back completely differently and both Serve a purpose. I know FT is a template that Someone then tailors to themselves, just curious your thoughts on that approach for back

Just a quick thought here. (This bears repeating.)

FT allows you to Fine tune you training stimulus with Pump sets and, of course, exercise selection.

Most folks want to adjust the stimulus simply by doing more - a blunt instrument of increasing volume with more sets.

I'd challenge folks to try to use the Pump set technique (5's into the hole is a favorite) to adjust stimulus if, for instance, a muscle group can handle "more" (like back).

As Dens mentioned, the frequency allows you to pick up variety over the course of the week, so even if volume is low, you can do several different exercises over the course of the week's training for a given muscle group.

(03-04-2016, 01:05 PM)Machmood Wrote: OOk so looking at basic tier ii, my back could look like this

Day 1 pump chest/back (2)
Decline hammer chest / rope pulley lat pulls
Pec deck flys/ pulley kneeling single arm row

Day 2 load Back (3)
Tbar row
Underhand pulldown machine
Rack pull

Day 4 muscle rounds
V grip pulldown MR
Smith machine overhand BB row MR
Pulley V grip row Mr

I have a question for day 2. It says 3 sets for back. Is that supposed to be a zig zag with an ISO in there somewhere?? Lol I see it as a green light to smash 3
Big movements but that could be wrong. I think tne point of the zig zag is to have some ISO work

(03-04-2016, 01:42 PM)dens228 Wrote: Tier 2 loading day would be zig zag between width and thickness. Two of one, one of the other. Dealers choice on which.

So T-bar, close grip pulldowns, back to t-bar as an example.

R.e the bolded (for Machmood):

You'd just choose two exercises for zig-zagging. You'll have a hard time holding down three machines at once in most gyms, plus its a PITA to load and unload all of that. Generally, you can couple the two exercises using the same machine / station.

E.g., Rack deads (thickness). in a rack would be zig-zagged in a rack you also do rack chins or (weighted) pull-ups (width).

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Question regarding warm-ups. For pump sets there isn't really an issue. For MR's I'm thinking low rep warm ups just for weight assimilation. I think my last MR on hack was 4 plates. So I did 1 Plate each side x10 with long holds/stretches at the bottom just to get warm. 2 plates x4, 3 plates x4. Then let it rip

For loading let's assume it's chest and you do incline smith and flys on tier 2 . So it's one set of incline to failure and one set of cable crossovers. I guess just warm up on incline to get to that one set to failure and your good, then just jump
Into any ISO movement
(03-11-2016, 01:22 PM)Machmood Wrote: Question regarding warm-ups. For pump sets there isn't really an issue. For MR's I'm thinking low rep warm ups just for weight assimilation. I think my last MR on hack was 4 plates. So I did 1 Plate each side x10 with long holds/stretches at the bottom just to get warm. 2 plates x4, 3 plates x4. Then let it rip

For loading let's assume it's chest and you do incline smith and flys on tier 2 . So it's one set of incline to failure and one set of cable crossovers. I guess just warm up on incline to get to that one set to failure and your good, then just jump
Into any ISO movement

Warming up

Loading sets help

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
I'm a big fan of deadlifts, but I can't really figure whether to add it for day 1 (lower loading body/legs) or day 2 (upper body loading).

My thoughts are adding it to lower body loading is too much a stress on the lower back, since it will be stimulated/stressed two days in a row when doing exercises like squats for lower loading the day before. But I do like and feel deadlifts as more of a back thickness builder than hams/glutes.

I will probably add rack pulls for upper loading, but I'm more a fan of deadlifts.
(04-23-2016, 01:12 AM)Balle Wrote: I'm a big fan of deadlifts, but I can't really figure whether to add it for day 1 (lower loading body/legs) or day 2 (upper body loading).

My thoughts are adding it to lower body loading is too much a stress on the lower back, since it will be stimulated/stressed two days in a row when doing exercises like squats for lower loading the day before. But I do like and feel deadlifts as more of a back thickness builder than hams/glutes.

I will probably add rack pulls for upper loading, but I'm more a fan of deadlifts.

There's your answer! Smile (You can give your back a rest that week with your selection of MR's, as needed.)

-S
-Scott

Scott

Would you ever occlude with muscle rounds ?
Say for a leg press or something similar ?