Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FT Questions....
Thanks Scott, will definitely look into that.
(12-06-2016, 12:39 PM)732mikee Wrote: Thanks Scott, will definitely look into that.

I definitely would - I'll double your exercise possibilities. Smile

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Hi scott

i am having problems with the zig zag on back and chest.
it is i different rooms and if i leave the bench and i get back from the back set to do my chest set.
my bench is taken. or the other way around.

what can i do here? it is a little boring doing BB row 1 arm or 2 arms all the time Smile

how can i get this zigzag done in a better way?
Take the bench with you? Dodgy Not sure if that's possible, but in my gym, people wheel benches all over the place.

edit - yeah don't listen to me, didnt even realize you were zig zagging wrong. Takes a bit, but once you get in a groove, its great.
no i cant it is boltet to the floor because people ran with them.
(12-13-2016, 04:23 AM)Brian Kjærgård Jakobsen Wrote: Hi scott

i am having problems with the zig zag on back and chest.
it is i different rooms and if i leave the bench and i get back from the back set to do my chest set.
my bench is taken. or the other way around.

what can i do here? it is a little boring doing BB row 1 arm or 2 arms all the time Smile

how can i get this zigzag done in a better way?

Hey Brian,

I'm guessing here that you might not be zig - zagging properly. (This essentially won't apply if you're doing Tier I.)

You finish loading sets for back (with rest intervals as in the Overview Sheets) and then stretch.

After that, you move on to Chest.

There would be NO situation where you'd return from doing a back set to do a chest set (e.g., with 1:30 in between) and find that the bench you had just used was taken.

See page 89 in the book.

---------------

[Otherwise, if people are taking your benches, that's likely a matter of gym etiquette. If you leave your stuff on a bench, machine / bar loaded up and are only gone for 2-3 min, you should be OK in nearly all situations, especially b/c you're done with your (working) loading sets in FT, when done properly, in roughly 10-15min for a given muscle group even when doing Tier III]

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Question regarding MR days for you guys.

Currently on tier 1 basic, and i'm finding that after upper MR days I feel pretty annihilated after, and sometimes it extends into the day after. I just feel completely spent. Lower MR days I don't find as bad since there is just 1 MR set, and loading days I seem to be fine afterwards as long as i'm getting sufficient sleep. Strength is still going up for most of my lifts, but bodyweight has stayed around the same.

I am still relatively new to training, as this is only my 3rd year of "serious" training, and i'm still quite light at 145 lbs, so I know I have a really long ways to go.

I'm just wondering if there would be a way to decrease the CNS demand on MR days, potentially switching some MR's to pump sets of Upper MR days?

OR

Should I even be doing FT? Am I not yet at an advanced enough level to do the program? I really do enjoy this style of training, the high frequency and high intensity approach is something that psychologically works well with me, but if this program is too much for me from a CNS stand point maybe I need to take a step back?

Thanks!
(12-19-2016, 03:01 AM)B_Forge Wrote: Question regarding MR days for you guys.

Currently on tier 1 basic, and i'm finding that after upper MR days I feel pretty annihilated after, and sometimes it extends into the day after. I just feel completely spent. Lower MR days I don't find as bad since there is just 1 MR set, and loading days I seem to be fine afterwards as long as i'm getting sufficient sleep. Strength is still going up for most of my lifts, but bodyweight has stayed around the same.

I am still relatively new to training, as this is only my 3rd year of "serious" training, and i'm still quite light at 145 lbs, so I know I have a really long ways to go.

I'm just wondering if there would be a way to decrease the CNS demand on MR days, potentially switching some MR's to pump sets of Upper MR days?

OR

Should I even be doing FT? Am I not yet at an advanced enough level to do the program? I really do enjoy this style of training, the high frequency and high intensity approach is something that psychologically works well with me, but if this program is too much for me from a CNS stand point maybe I need to take a step back?

Thanks!

A few questions:

How are you spacing out Days 1, 2, 3, and 4 of the program over the days of the week?

Are you using a large peri-workout recovery supplement? More importantly, why are you not gaining weight and is this diet related?...

That you feel spent after the workout and the day thereafter can just be b/c you've trained hard. As long as you recover by the next training day, which your strength gains suggest, this isn't a problem unless you just can't be productive as needed (otherwise) on that day.

-S
-Scott

(12-19-2016, 10:37 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: A few questions:

How are you spacing out Days 1, 2, 3, and 4 of the program over the days of the week?

Are you using a large peri-workout recovery supplement? More importantly, why are you not gaining weight and is this diet related?...

That you feel spent after the workout and the day thereafter can just be b/c you've trained hard. As long as you recover by the next training day, which your strength gains suggest, this isn't a problem unless you just can't be productive as needed (otherwise) on that day.

-S

Thanks for the reply Scott. Days are spaced so that I have 1 day rest between loading days, rest between upper loading and Lower MR day, then I do MR days back to back.

It may well be diet related. Peri workout nutrition is as follows.

30g protein and 45 g carbs pre workout
50 g hbcd with 15g's EAAS and BCAAS intra
80 grams of carbs and 40 grams protein post workout
60 grams of carbs and 30 grams of protein 2nd meal post workout

Maybe it is as simple as adding in some carbohydrates perI workout?

Not gaining strength absolutely every session, but for the most part numbers are rising.
(12-19-2016, 11:02 AM)B_Forge Wrote: Thanks for the reply Scott. Days are spaced so that I have 1 day rest between loading days, rest between upper loading and Lower MR day, then I do MR days back to back.

Sure!

You'd not be the first person to say that after the two MR days in a row, he felt like he needed an entire day of "eating up" or at least a couple cheat meals.

Quote:It may well be diet related. Peri workout nutrition is as follows.

30g protein and 45 g carbs pre workout
50 g hbcd with 15g's EAAS and BCAAS intra
80 grams of carbs and 40 grams protein post workout
60 grams of carbs and 30 grams of protein 2nd meal post workout

Maybe it is as simple as adding in some carbohydrates perI workout?

That's a decent peri protocol, but if your kcal are not enough to keep you gaining, then this is where I'd focus nonetheless. If you can eat more in those post-WO meals, I'd do so, esp. after upper MR's. (You might even make that a day when you hit an AYCE buffet or what have you and eat roughly the same thing each time so you can meter this and increase it.The idea would be to keep this meal a very large one, but of a known factor you can vary by adding to and at least not eat less kcal on days your appetite might be low. In other words, it would not be an ad libitum meal, where the kcal would / could actually go down.)

Quote:Not gaining strength absolutely every session, but for the most part numbers are rising.

This is good, of course but you want the weight to move up as well. Smile (IT's possible you're dropping body fat, so weight isn't the end all / be all of course, but I'd not expect that at 3yr into training and having done FT for a bit now.)

-S
-Scott