Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FT Questions....
I have previously just completed my first tier 2 blast / cruise and used the following schedule.

Lower load
rest
upper load
rest
Lower MR's
Upper MR's
rest.

How would one set there turbo program out in regards to training and rest days as with the MR days you end up training full body in both.

Would it be detrimental to train MR days back to back like outlined above?

Thanks.
(01-04-2017, 09:48 PM)nordan Wrote: I have previously just completed my first tier 2 blast / cruise and used the following schedule.

Lower load
rest
upper load
rest
Lower MR's
Upper MR's
rest.

How would one set there turbo program out in regards to training and rest days as with the MR days you end up training full body in both.

Would it be detrimental to train MR days back to back like outlined above?

Thanks.

Most folks would keep the same pattern during Turbo as you have above.

Turbo has the same volume as Basic, relative to Volume Tier - the point of the Turbo Version is actually to have higher frequency, but only if not detrimental (but rather beneficial), of course. If you were to find that the frequency effect was cutting into your recovery, you could drop down a Tier. Smile

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(01-04-2017, 11:59 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Most folks would keep the same pattern during Turbo as you have above.

Turbo has the same volume as Basic, relative to Volume Tier - the point of the Turbo Version is actually to have higher frequency, but only if not detrimental (but rather beneficial), of course. If you were to find that the frequency effect was cutting into your recovery, you could drop down a Tier. Smile

-S

Thanks for the response Scott! I shall keep the same schedule and see how it plays out.

Could you touch up on my "Arm Training" post regarding additional sets when you have a spare 5 minutes.

D
Hey guys, i have 2 simple questions, cant find it in the ebook, sorryConfused .

1. For Pump Sets: what is correct when it says "Back/Chest 2 sets" --> 1.1 pullovers+flys 2x15-30 OR 1.2 pullovers+flys incline 1x15-30 and pulldown+flys decline 1x15-30 (i think the second might be right or can i decide this for myself?)

2. For Muscle Rounds: When it says " 2x MR" for a Muscle --> 2.1 same exercice 2xMR OR 2.2 2 different exercices or again my choice?
(01-10-2017, 02:25 AM)morpheus2112 Wrote: Hey guys, i have 2 simple questions, cant find it in the ebook, sorryConfused .

1. For Pump Sets: what is correct when it says "Back/Chest 2 sets" --> 1.1 pullovers+flys 2x15-30 OR 1.2 pullovers+flys incline 1x15-30 and pulldown+flys decline 1x15-30 (i think the second might be right or can i decide this for myself?)

2. For Muscle Rounds: When it says " 2x MR" for a Muscle --> 2.1 same exercice 2xMR OR 2.2 2 different exercices or again my choice?

Are you are looking on like page 103, at the temples? For Tier 1 its only 1 super set for chest and back (chest lift and then a back lift, then stretch) , for Tier 2 its 2 supersets for chest and back (so a chest lift and a back lift, 1:00 min rest, and then a different chest lift and a different back lift, then stretch). You pick what lifts you think work well for you.

You always want to do two different lifts for MRs and pump sets. Loading you keep the same when you zig-zag. (squat, leg curl, back to squat, etc.) (so 2.2)

Take a bit to look through some of the logs on here. There are some good examples Smile Hope this helps.

(01-10-2017, 02:38 AM)Altamir Wrote: Are you are looking on like page 103, at the temples? For Tier 1 its only 1 super set for chest and back (chest lift and then a back lift, then stretch) , for Tier 2 its 2 supersets for chest and back (so a chest lift and a back lift, 1:00 min rest, and then a different chest lift and a different back lift, then stretch). You pick what lifts you think work well for you.

You always want to do two different lifts for MRs and pump sets. Loading you keep the same when you zig-zag. (squat, leg curl, back to squat, etc.) (so 2.2)

Take a bit to look through some of the logs on here. There are some good examples Smile Hope this helps.
This helps! Thanks a lot
(01-10-2017, 05:47 AM)morpheus2112 Wrote: biggrin
This helps! Thanks a lot

No problem. Smile I also noticed I made a small error in my response, in which I stated you wanted "two different", this is sort of incorrect. you always want to do different MRs/pump sets for as many sets as there are.

For example, Upper MR days Tier 3 has 4 back MR sets. This would be 4 different lifts. So a machine pulldown, a machine row, a straight arm pulldown, and a pullover (for example). Not two alternating in a zig-zag pattern. Sorry for any confusion!
(01-10-2017, 05:51 AM)Altamir Wrote: No problem. Smile I also noticed I made a small error in my response, in which I stated you wanted "two different", this is sort of incorrect. you always want to do different MRs/pump sets for as many sets as there are.

For example, Upper MR days Tier 3 has 4 back MR sets. This would be 4 different lifts. So a machine pulldown, a machine row, a straight arm pulldown, and a pullover (for example). Not two alternating in a zig-zag pattern. Sorry for any confusion!

I see, thank you for your help
Quick question for Scott or any FT veterans. How does one go about autoregulating training days with FT? For example, for me I struggle with sleep some nights getting around 7 instead of 8 or more which would be more optimal from a recovery perspective.

If I have a poor sleep the night before a training day, would it be best to perform a tier 1 MR day instead of a planned loading day to decrease the CNS stress of that session? Or are they about equal in that regards? Or in that situation would it be best to take the day off of training entirely and train the following day?

Obviously addressing the sleep is paramount and I'm working on it!

(01-11-2017, 12:30 AM)B_Forge Wrote: Quick question for Scott or any FT veterans. How does one go about autoregulating training days with FT? For example, for me I struggle with sleep some nights getting around 7 instead of 8 or more which would be more optimal from a recovery perspective.

If I have a poor sleep the night before a training day, would it be best to perform a tier 1 MR day instead of a planned loading day to decrease the CNS stress of that session? Or are they about equal in that regards? Or in that situation would it be best to take the day off of training entirely and train the following day?

Obviously addressing the sleep is paramount and I'm working on it!

The notion is to "auto" regulate. That means only you can answer it.

I'd seek out a way to improve your sleep, perhaps by setting aside more time to sleep or using a sleep aid.

Lastly, I think you're probably overthinking this. I can't think of any bodybuilder who was determined overall who would bat an eye at what to do when / if he has was just an hour shy of a full nights sleep.

If you were at the emergency room and got 2 hr of crappy sleep, then taking the day off would definitely be a reasonable solution, or perhaps if you chronically only get 4hr sleep and on one particular day you are just totally beat it would make sense to drop down a Tier.

I'm not you and perhaps that one hour of missed sleep is entirely disruptive, my perspective, as someone who's gone years training in the middle of the night or at 4AM, which chronically sleep deprived, b/c it was this or nothing is that an hour of missed sleep here and there is just a common inconvenience of life and can easily be made up the next night or even with a nap later that day if one's crafty about it.

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.