Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FT Questions....
(01-19-2017, 04:26 AM)Brian Kjærgård Jakobsen Wrote: Hi scott

thanks for your crazy long answer but a very good one on reps lenght.

i am in week 2 of your basis

1. Question
program tier ll day 1
load set how is that set up? it is one box with 2min?
is it then thigh
2min break,
quad
2min break,
hams,
2 min break,
thigh

2.Question
program tier ll day 2
i am wondering is the pump set for thigh quad, hams, and calf
all in 1 set? like no breaks?

sorry if this is in your book, then i missed it.
really loving this type of program

Hey!

Take a peek at page 90 for loading. Your going thigh, 2min, quad, 2min, thigh, 2min, ham.

Page 93 for pump. You are going thigh, quad, calve all one super set. rest 1:00 (or in reality try to gather yourself and not die). Then do thigh, ham. all one super set. Then fall on the floor and wait for death to take you. Wink

Hope this helps!
Thanks, Altamir. Smile

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Hey Dr S,

I know in the ebook you mention fruit consumption in the meals outside of the peri-workout window, but what do you feel in regards to fruit possibly in the second post-workout meal?

Is it a case of prioritising carbs from glucose if calories are low, and if carb intake is high then a small serving of fruit is fine?

Thanks
Joe
(01-24-2017, 09:33 AM)Joe Jeffery Wrote: Hey Dr S,

I know in the ebook you mention fruit consumption in the meals outside of the peri-workout window, but what do you feel in regards to fruit possibly in the second post-workout meal?

Is it a case of prioritising carbs from glucose if calories are low, and if carb intake is high then a small serving of fruit is fine?

Thanks
Joe

Hey Joe,

Fruits of course have health benefit, but *depending on the fruit* may not be terribly calorically dense. A high level bodybuilder (think Jordan Peters here, as an excellent example) is not going to be able to get in his desired peri-workout carbohydrate consumption terribly easily by eating fruit (alone).

(As a secondary note, if he ere to try to do this, he could end up eating something like a dozen oranges or another fruit with high free radical quenching ability, which can impair training adaptations, e.g., if folks are megadosing things like vitamin C.)

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(01-24-2017, 08:15 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Hey Joe,

Fruits of course have health benefit, but *depending on the fruit* may not be terribly calorically dense. A high level bodybuilder (think Jordan Peters here, as an excellent example) is not going to be able to get in his desired peri-workout carbohydrate consumption terribly easily by eating fruit (alone).

(As a secondary note, if he ere to try to do this, he could end up eating something like a dozen oranges or another fruit with high free radical quenching ability, which can impair training adaptations, e.g., if folks are megadosing things like vitamin C.)

-S

Funny, when we discussed about not taking vitamin c around workout time it was laughed at on T-Muscle....
(01-24-2017, 08:46 PM)Robbie Wrote: Funny, when we discussed about not taking vitamin c around workout time it was laughed at on T-Muscle....

Interesting... How ago was that thread?...

[Here's an article I wrote:

https://www.elitefts.com/education/integ...mentation/ ]

-S
-Scott

(01-25-2017, 01:04 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Interesting... How ago was that thread?...

[Here's an article I wrote:

https://www.elitefts.com/education/integ...mentation/ ]

-S

Was part of one of Joes epic threads!!

The idea of avoiding ibuprofen around workout was dismissed too
(01-24-2017, 08:15 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Hey Joe,

-S

Great, thanks Dr S. I was more thinking about a few hundred calorie worth of raisins sprinkled on my pre-bed oats. Lol biggrin

(01-25-2017, 01:05 AM)Robbie Wrote: Was part of one of Joes epic threads!!

Good memories of those crazy threads, lol. Yes I said it's probably a good idea to avoid NSAID's around training and they thought I was crazy Sad
(01-24-2017, 08:15 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: (As a secondary note, if he ere to try to do this, he could end up eating something like a dozen oranges or another fruit with high free radical quenching ability, which can impair training adaptations, e.g., if folks are megadosing things like vitamin C.)

-S

Does this mean those bodybuilders sipping hibiscus tea ( antioxidant powerhouse?) All day To lower BP are doing themselves a disservice in that ^ respect? If so how long pre and post workout would you avoid it?

I've also read of some people taking a tablespoon of olive oil post workout to increase inflammation and thus enhance adaptation. Any mileage in that ?

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk
(01-25-2017, 01:05 AM)Robbie Wrote: Was part of one of Joes epic threads!!

Ah, OK. Well, that's not the greatest ideas but there's some interesting data about that, too. (Again in an article I wrote on EliteFTS, I think.)

(01-26-2017, 12:17 AM)gazzamongo Wrote: Does this mean those bodybuilders sipping hibiscus tea ( antioxidant powerhouse?) All day To lower BP are doing themselves a disservice in that ^ respect? If so how long pre and post workout would you avoid it?

I've also read of some people taking a tablespoon of olive oil post workout to increase inflammation and thus enhance adaptation. Any mileage in that ?

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

Did you read the article I linked?... It's a matter of the dose, essentially. A bit of tea is unlikely to fully eliminate the hormetic stress.

Olive oil would not be a good choice in that regard (as it is generally anti-inflammatory), but there is a supplement made my Bill Llewellyn that contains arachidonic acid, which is pro-inflammatory, based on this principle. (I don't think its sold well.)

The issue there with trying to drive the inflammatory process is that you'll do so throughout the body - including in joints and tendons where you don't want it... Not a good idea for guys who tend to have achy joints, etc.

-S
-Scott