Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FT Questions....
[Image: 07f89c87ff7e2d8b73763668b7c104b1.jpg]
What is the 1-2x mr mean in the back thick and width mean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(03-12-2017, 04:16 AM)Powerof2 Wrote: [Image: 07f89c87ff7e2d8b73763668b7c104b1.jpg]
What is the 1-2x mr mean in the back thick and width mean

1 x MR would be one Muscle Rounds.

2 x MR would be Two Muscle Rounds.

1-2 MR would thus be to do either one or two Muscle Rounds.

*Typicaly, You'd totally 3 MRs' TOTAL for the width and thickness MR's, depending on upon where your back needs more work, what was done the previous day (as this is from the Turbo Version) a/o what autoregulation (previous exercises that week, soreness on the day, overall feeling of recovery) suggest.

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
When using rack pulls to develop back thickness, how high do you recommend setting the pins?

Hi Scott, first question of many many more to come.

I tried to understand the macros that you put in the book for the fortitude diet. Let me know if i understand well. First you want to have at least a gram of protein x lbs or 15% of total calories. For carbs you emphasize them intra and post workout as much a 1-2g x kg for each 3 meals post workout and as much calories as 50% of the day. So if i'm training around 4h30 pm that would be 6:00, 8h30 and 10pm for the last carb meal.

What about the amount of fat in the day? what is the % of calories coming from fat? Do i have to substract the calories of protein and carbs to find it??

Please help
(03-13-2017, 04:53 AM)LoganX Wrote: Hi Scott, first question of many many more to come.

I tried to understand the macros that you put in the book for the fortitude diet. Let me know if i understand well. First you want to have at least a gram of protein x lbs or 15% of total calories. For carbs you emphasize them intra and post workout as much a 1-2g x kg for each 3 meals post workout and as much calories as 50% of the day. So if i'm training around 4h30 pm that would be 6:00, 8h30 and 10pm for the last carb meal.

What about the amount of fat in the day? what is the % of calories coming from fat? Do i have to substract the calories of protein and carbs to find it??

Please help

Scott laid out these guidelines as something you experiment with in order to figure out what would work effectively for you. All of this would be so much easier if we were all built/responded to this stuff the same way, but we aren't. Your genetics, your lifestyle, and your experience will determine what suits you, and only trial and error will get you there.

For example, for myself I consume 100 grams of carbs pre workout because I don't like training depleted, and these pump sets kill me with no carbs. I also like to consume 120-150 grams post workout maximum otherwise I look like a pregnant turtle. The rest of the carbs come smaller amounts 60-80 in the next 2 meals.

This is what works for MY body.

The fats on training days should be low, how low? Again you'll have to play around with these variables to find out. I have them higher in the morning, and pretty much non-existent in the evening when I train.

Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Yeah it must be a trial/Error thing to do but i'm in contest prep and don't wanna screw everything. As for now i'm doing a very low carb diet with refeed every 5 days. But the carbs after training and for 4-8 hours seem very interesting. At the same time you have to lower the calories you ingest in the day to be able to fit so much carbs in the post training and after. So i was just asking if a % of fat was calculated. I'll wait after my contest to experiment on me and the wife Wink
(03-13-2017, 01:33 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: 1 x MR would be one Muscle Rounds.

2 x MR would be Two Muscle Rounds.

1-2 MR would thus be to do either one or two Muscle Rounds.

*Typicaly, You'd totally 3 MRs' TOTAL for the width and thickness MR's, depending on upon where your back needs more work, what was done the previous day (as this is from the Turbo Version) a/o what autoregulation (previous exercises that week, soreness on the day, overall feeling of recovery) suggest.

-S

Thanks Scott. Enjoy the change so far. Lifting was fun last week. Legs are having a hard time but upper body I added a little more to routine. I did 2- mr for back width and 2-mr for back thickness. I train at high volume but don't go into single digits often . My gains have slowed lately so I'm very excited for the new change. I might have to drop to the basic with legs and keep turbo for upper In the weeks to come if my legs can't keep up with getting hit 4x a week.

Hey just completed tier 1 of the program and loving it but got some questions about Muscle rounds on tier2\tier3

When performing more then 1 set for muscle rounds how do you go about exercise order.

For example
Back thickness x2
Back Width x2
Chest x2
Delts x2
Triceps x1

Would you perform your 1st set for say back thickness then rest and perform another set for back thickness.
Or do you Perform 1 set for back thickness rest then move onto the next exercise performing it in a circuit style

For example.
BOR6X4 rest
BOR 6X4 rest
CG Pulldown 6x4 rest
CG Pulldonw 6x4 rest and so on...

or

BOR 6X4
CG Pulldown 6x4
Smith Incline Press 6x4
Smith Shoulder Press 6x4
Pressdowns 6x4

Then repeat running through the exercises again
(03-13-2017, 08:31 AM)Powerof2 Wrote: Thanks Scott. Enjoy the change so far. Lifting was fun last week. Legs are having a hard time but upper body I added a little more to routine. I did 2- mr for back width and 2-mr for back thickness. I train at high volume but don't go into single digits often . My gains have slowed lately so I'm very excited for the new change. I might have to drop to the basic with legs and keep turbo for upper In the weeks to come if my legs can't keep up with getting hit 4x a week.

No problem!

Start paying close attention to progression on those MRs and I think you might find that doing 4MRs could be too much possibly. (Training becomes a different ballgame when the log book is calling you out every day. Smile )

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(03-13-2017, 10:57 PM)Mrbulldog Wrote: Hey just completed tier 1 of the program and loving it but got some questions about Muscle rounds on tier2\tier3

When performing more then 1 set for muscle rounds how do you go about exercise order.

For example
Back thickness x2
Back Width x2
Chest x2
Delts x2
Triceps x1

Would you perform your 1st set for say back thickness then rest and perform another set for back thickness.
Or do you Perform 1 set for back thickness rest then move onto the next exercise performing it in a circuit style

For example.
BOR6X4 rest
BOR 6X4 rest
CG Pulldown 6x4 rest
CG Pulldonw 6x4 rest and so on...

or

BOR 6X4
CG Pulldown 6x4
Smith Incline Press 6x4
Smith Shoulder Press 6x4
Pressdowns 6x4

Then repeat running through the exercises again

Actually, both options are available to you. Typically, for the sake of warm-up time from a practical sense, you'd do all the MRs for a given muscle group right in a row. (You'd need less warm-up of when doing all the MRs for a given muscle group in a row.)

Because MR's are chosen on the fly, this also gives you an in the moment sense of what aspects of the muscle you've just trained in picking the MRs. For instance, if you've done a machine flat press for chest but felt very little in the upper pec area (from the feel of the exercise and pump thereafter), you might pick an upper chest exercises next.

However, alternating through MRs for different muscle groups means greater recovery so the previous MR doesn't impact performance on the next one. For folks that are not terribly strong and haven't focused on progressive overload, really relish lifting really heavy weights a/o have the sense that greater loading is tantamount to making greater gains, this would be an option.

This latter options might NOT be the best one for someone who's trying to bring up a weak muscle group (chest is a common example) where they are perhaps not able to focus well on targeting that muscle ("mind muscle connection"). The pre-fatiguing effect of the previous MRs can help in this respect and, because of this fatigue, the tendency to want to lift superheavy loads can be set aside when the best thing can be to find that exercise that really targets the weak muscle. (For chest, then, this might mean doing a pec fly with a mat / pad between the shoulder blades to help with retraction and keep the anterior delts out of play, which will mean event lighter loads.)

So, the decision comes down (among some other things like machine avaialblbity perhaps) to time (warm-ups) and preference for greater loading vs.the possible need to focus on targeting a weak muscle group using a pre-fatiguing a strategy.

-S
-Scott