Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FT Questions....
(04-08-2017, 11:17 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Are you asking if the salmon intake may have kept polycythemia at bay?... The omega-3's could be part of a plan to lower clotting risk, but I don't know if they would reduce HCT per se...

-S
Yeah, I thought there might have been a relationship after you mentioned it. I've never tested high for Hematocrit when on, and stay pretty hydrated (1.5+ gallon) everyday, probably a combination of factors.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
(04-09-2017, 05:57 AM)thethinker48 Wrote: Yeah, I thought there might have been a relationship after you mentioned it. I've never tested high for Hematocrit when on, and stay pretty hydrated (1.5+ gallon) everyday, probably a combination of factors.

That's not a bad speculation as far as omega-3's, given their noted anti-inflammatory and healthful effects, possibly helping prevent polycythemia. There does seem to be an age-related difference here, but exactly what's going on here isn't entirely clear:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2266950/

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Just going to throw this out there. Tier 3 is no joke! Got threw week 3 of tier 2 turbo. Figured I would kick it up. Just finishing up week 3 of tier. It happened just like Scott said it would. All my numbers on load for lower dropped. Looks like I better read the cruse section of the book for next week. Made great progress in a very short time. I actually can't believe how much it improved my appearance so quick. I'm very critical of my self. This is the first time In long time I can really say I'm moving in the direction that I'm pleased with. Looking forward to see how far I car run with this.
Thanks doc!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(04-12-2017, 06:45 AM)Powerof2 Wrote: Just going to throw this out there. Tier 3 is no joke! Got threw week 3 of tier 2 turbo. Figured I would kick it up. Just finishing up week 3 of tier. It happened just like Scott said it would. All my numbers on load for lower dropped. Looks like I better read the cruse section of the book for next week. Made great progress in a very short time. I actually can't believe how much it improved my appearance so quick. I'm very critical of my self. This is the first time In long time I can really say I'm moving in the direction that I'm pleased with. Looking forward to see how far I car run with this.
Thanks doc!!

Man, tier 1 of basic one ain't no joke either. You look fantastic in your recent pics, lean as hell and growing. I could barely hang at basic tier 2; just barely on the cusp of overreaching. Recover fine from tier one. Training HIT style when I first started training really skewed my perception of a set.

It's either leave the gym pissed because you didn't demolish yourself or wake up the next morning flat, smaller and super tired. Ahh the perils of being a nutcase

(04-12-2017, 08:36 AM)thethinker48 Wrote: Man, tier 1 of basic one ain't no joke either. You look fantastic in your recent pics, lean as hell and growing. I could barely hang at basic tier 2; just barely on the cusp of overreaching. Recover fine from tier one. Training HIT style when I first started training really skewed my perception of a set.

It's either leave the gym pissed because you didn't demolish yourself or wake up the next morning flat, smaller and super tired. Ahh the perils of being a nutcase

Thanks man. I feel u. Such a wicked disease. I think I might've overdone it with eating this weekend still weighing 6 pounds heavier today looking like a fat [emoji200]

(04-12-2017, 06:45 AM)Powerof2 Wrote: Just going to throw this out there. Tier 3 is no joke! Got threw week 3 of tier 2 turbo. Figured I would kick it up. Just finishing up week 3 of tier. It happened just like Scott said it would. All my numbers on load for lower dropped. Looks like I better read the cruse section of the book for next week. Made great progress in a very short time. I actually can't believe how much it improved my appearance so quick. I'm very critical of my self. This is the first time In long time I can really say I'm moving in the direction that I'm pleased with. Looking forward to see how far I car run with this.
Thanks doc!!

You're welcome, man. I'm glad you've such a good groove going. Very cool.

Thanks, too, for the support over on the other board (pro muscle). There are some great guys over there, but sponsors and paying trainers have the ultimate say-so, so the "discussion" is highly "biased," let's say.

(You may have noticed that posts will often disappear. I've been censored, too, in one case where I felt the message I was sending was one that could save lives - literally. That's a whole over topic....)

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(04-12-2017, 08:36 AM)thethinker48 Wrote: Man, tier 1 of basic one ain't no joke either. You look fantastic in your recent pics, lean as hell and growing. I could barely hang at basic tier 2; just barely on the cusp of overreaching. Recover fine from tier one. Training HIT style when I first started training really skewed my perception of a set.

This is the kind of training that I like to read about. Sounds like you're doing something right here. Smile Smile Smile

-S
-Scott

I also have to say after 3weeks of TIER 1 i am very happy since i am breaking PR after PR.

I really have forgotten when starting FT was how going to failure felt, last routines was about volume and frequency. And was kind of boring .

With Tier 1 (not even thinking about shifting a level up tier2)
Because at tier 1 you have just one set to failure, a balls out set and you are done for the day. That i really like. With alot more volume for 1 muscle group you always keep some spare for the upcomming sets at least in my opinion.

Also like the fact that i don't have any DOMS or real noticeble soreness.

At week 2 tier 1 after the loading days i said to myself, after MR i will cruise.
And then after the MR's i feel fresh again for the next round Smile

Really linking the exercise variations without having tendon or joint discomfort.

Ft is a real winner for me Cool
(04-12-2017, 11:13 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: You're welcome, man. I'm glad you've such a good groove going. Very cool.

Thanks, too, for the support over on the other board (pro muscle). There are some great guys over there, but sponsors and paying trainers have the ultimate say-so, so the "discussion" is highly "biased," let's say.

(You may have noticed that posts will often disappear. I've been censored, too, in one case where I felt the message I was sending was one that could save lives - literally. That's a whole over topic....)

-S

I'm just trying to share great info. Unfortunately I have seen this in pm. Too. Ur video got a lot of people thinking and asking? Thanks again brother

(04-13-2017, 01:55 AM)Dx2 Wrote: I also have to say after 3weeks of TIER 1 i am very happy since i am breaking PR after PR.

I really have forgotten when starting FT was how going to failure felt, last routines was about volume and frequency. And was kind of boring .

With Tier 1 (not even thinking about shifting a level up tier2)
Because at tier 1 you have just one set to failure, a balls out set and you are done for the day. That i really like. With alot more volume for 1 muscle group you always keep some spare for the upcomming sets at least in my opinion.

Also like the fact that i don't have any DOMS or real noticeble soreness.

At week 2 tier 1 after the loading days i said to myself, after MR i will cruise.
And then after the MR's i feel fresh again for the next round Smile

Really linking the exercise variations without having tendon or joint discomfort.

Ft is a real winner for me Cool

Man I was just talking to my wife about that last night. I get sore but it's different. I call it a good soreness. Can't describe it