Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FT Questions....
(02-01-2018, 02:33 AM)Flexhanney101 Wrote: I’m not following the family man plan mate. My normal days I train is Monday Tuesday ,( loading and pump). Thursday and Friday ( mr) as I can’t train on weekends.

(02-01-2018, 09:44 PM)Flexhanney101 Wrote: Also Scott how would you say would be the best to split the sessions across 5 days .
Thanks for reply btw

OK, with such little time, this is an option for you - essentially the Family man plan distributed over 5 days.:

Mon Load Lower
Tues Pump Upper
Wed Pump Lower
Thur Load Upper
Friday: MR's full body (focus lower)

Depending on where you want to focus your training, you could flip the Lower / Upper order of the above and

Mon: Load Upper
Tue: Pump Lower
Wed: Pump Upper
Thur: Load Lower
Friday: Full body MR's with focus on Upper

(You could also start with Pump sets on Monday and alternate that way. Heck you could even Put your Two loading Set days up front on Mon / Tues and then Pump sets on Wed & Thurs, and then finish the week with MR's

Mon: Load Lower
Tues: Load Upper
Wed: Pump Lower
Thurs: Pump Upper
Friday: Full body MRs

------

You'll probably have to be sure that you use selectorized machines for your MR's and pump sets, simply for the sake of brevity (saves time vs. loading plates on to a bar / machine).

Again, I'd rather see a day off during the week there, but with so little time, you're in a bind for time... Remember though that training without enough recovery doesn't serve you, so if you need to do this differently , then I would, either by dropping down a Tier and/or setting up the split differently.

My guess it that if you're leaving so early that you'll not be missing out on a lot of quality time with the family, so it's not a huge loss in training 5 x/ week.

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(02-02-2018, 01:37 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: OK, with such little time, this is an option for you - essentially the Family man plan distributed over 5 days.:

Mon Load Lower
Tues Pump Upper
Wed Pump Lower
Thur Load Upper
Friday: MR's full body (focus lower)

Depending on where you want to focus your training, you could flip the Lower / Upper order of the above and

Mon: Load Upper
Tue: Pump Lower
Wed: Pump Upper
Thur: Load Lower
Friday: Full body MR's with focus on Upper

(You could also start with Pump sets on Monday and alternate that way. Heck you could even Put your Two loading Set days up front on Mon / Tues and then Pump sets on Wed & Thurs, and then finish the week with MR's

Mon: Load Lower
Tues: Load Upper
Wed: Pump Lower
Thurs: Pump Upper
Friday: Full body MRs

------

You'll probably have to be sure that you use selectorized machines for your MR's and pump sets, simply for the sake of brevity (saves time vs. loading plates on to a bar / machine).

Again, I'd rather see a day off during the week there, but with so little time, you're in a bind for time... Remember though that training without enough recovery doesn't serve you, so if you need to do this differently , then I would, either by dropping down a Tier and/or setting up the split differently.

My guess it that if you're leaving so early that you'll not be missing out on a lot of quality time with the family, so it's not a huge loss in training 5 x/ week.

-S

Thanks for reply mate how would it be if I dropped down to teir 1 and keep the split I got I can do teir 1 in 20-45 mins I only have that time because the time gym opens to when I have to get on the road for work. It’s only for two months I’ll be back to nomral then.

Also I have my intra as first meal stat sipping 15 mins before finish at the end of my session by the time I get to work I willl have to start immediately leaving no time for a meal. So should I eat a meal as I drive or wait till my break which is 3 hours later ?

Intra shake is
- 20g eaa
10g bcaa
100g maltdextrin

Thanks for advice Scott
(02-02-2018, 03:14 AM)Flexhanney101 Wrote: Thanks for reply mate how would it be if I dropped down to teir 1 and keep the split I got I can do teir 1 in 20-45 mins I only have that time because the time gym opens to when I have to get on the road for work. It’s only for two months I’ll be back to nomral then.

Sounds good to me. (Only you can answer how it would be. I personally wouldn't have near enough time to get through a workout safely...)

Quote:Also I have my intra as first meal stat sipping 15 mins before finish at the end of my session by the time I get to work I willl have to start immediately leaving no time for a meal. So should I eat a meal as I drive or wait till my break which is 3 hours later ?

Intra shake is
- 20g eaa
10g bcaa
100g maltdextrin

Thanks for advice Scott

Sure, man.

I'd personally probably just have another shake (with added fiber as psyllium husk or benefiber, perhaps if too much protein / carb powder causes GI upset). I'm not going to suggest you try to eat a meal while you're driving... Sad , but bagel or a protein bar can be easily nibbled at if you're spending a good amount of time sitting at traffic lights / in standstill bumper-to-bumper traffic.

BTW, I'd have a complete protein source with your intra (WPI or Whey hydrosylate) rather than an EAA blend. (BCAA's are just three of the EAA's. You'll want to provide a full complement of amino acids when it's your first meal as you'll be in negative protein balance and the only source of non-essential AA's would be in scavenging them from elsewhere in your body, which is not idea when you're trying to build up overall protein stores in the form of muscle mass. Smile )

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(02-03-2018, 12:57 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Sounds good to me. (Only you can answer how it would be. I personally wouldn't have near enough time to get through a workout safely...)

Sure, man.

I'd personally probably just have another shake (with added fiber as psyllium husk or benefiber, perhaps if too much protein / carb powder causes GI upset). I'm not going to suggest you try to eat a meal while you're driving... Sad , but bagel or a protein bar can be easily nibbled at if you're spending a good amount of time sitting at traffic lights / in standstill bumper-to-bumper traffic.

BTW, I'd have a complete protein source with your intra (WPI or Whey hydrosylate) rather than an EAA blend. (BCAA's are just three of the EAA's. You'll want to provide a full complement of amino acids when it's your first meal as you'll be in negative protein balance and the only source of non-essential AA's would be in scavenging them from elsewhere in your body, which is not idea when you're trying to build up overall protein stores in the form of muscle mass. Smile )

-S

Thanks Scott my minds at rest haha ! Appreciate it

(02-03-2018, 02:45 AM)Flexhanney101 Wrote: Thanks Scott my minds at rest haha ! Appreciate it

LOL!!! Good to hear! Smile

-S
-Scott

Hi folks,

Little questions before going back to FT tomorrow biggrin

I'd like to add some athletic movements, power clean and/or snatch.
What would be ur recommandation ? I was thinking incorporating one of them as a MR for back width but dunno how/when add the 2nd... Huh

Final questions,
Was wondering about the diet, currently bulking, 5.5' 154lbs, 3000 kcal ( carbs ~350; fat ~80g, prot ~190g),

I've been reading Norton and applying his recommandations since few months, seems working :
meal every 4h-6h (7pm, 12pm, 4am, 8pm) with bcaa and carbs between meals (5g P + 10g G)
Only 5g BCAA before and 10g after workout.

But after rereading Scott's stuff around the forum, eliteFS, and the bible (FT book) was wondering to remove the periworkout bcaa and add some IW instead because with 4 meals it's difficult for me to go further 3000kcal, and it seems that the IW is the new PW Smile

I was thinking of this :
15 min before workout start sipping this till the end :

50g Waxy Maize (plan to buy some HBCD or maltodextrin but I have to finish the WM stock)
15g Peptopro
10g BCAA
5g Glutamin
5g Creatin
2g Glycerol

Lasssst question, when I'll have to start dieting, I was thinking to cut carbs on non training days (as mentionned in the bible), so i'll drop 350g carbs + IW, still remaining less than 1800kcal.
When I'll reach a plateau and stop dropping bf, It may be wise to cut carbs far from training, so I was thinking on breakfast and then lunch ? would you agree ?

Cheers

(02-04-2018, 10:59 PM)Tintin Wrote: Hi folks,

Little questions before going back to FT tomorrow biggrin

I'd like to add some athletic movements, power clean and/or snatch.
What would be ur recommandation ? I was thinking incorporating one of them as a MR for back width but dunno how/when add the 2nd... Huh

Cleans and snatches don't lend themselves to being performed when fatigued: There is a high injury risk d/t form breakdown. Trying to take either movement to something that evokes muscular failure in the way we're trying to do during a MR (to produce a hypertrophic stimulus) is asking for an injury, IMO. Smile

Quote:Final questions,
Was wondering about the diet, currently bulking, 5.5' 154lbs, 3000 kcal ( carbs ~350; fat ~80g, prot ~190g),

I've been reading Norton and applying his recommandations since few months, seems working :
meal every 4h-6h (7pm, 12pm, 4am, 8pm) with bcaa and carbs between meals (5g P + 10g G)
Only 5g BCAA before and 10g after workout.

But after rereading Scott's stuff around the forum, eliteFS, and the bible (FT book) was wondering to remove the periworkout bcaa and add some IW instead because with 4 meals it's difficult for me to go further 3000kcal, and it seems that the IW is the new PW Smile

I was thinking of this :
15 min before workout start sipping this till the end :

50g Waxy Maize (plan to buy some HBCD or maltodextrin but I have to finish the WM stock)
15g Peptopro
10g BCAA
5g Glutamin
5g Creatin
2g Glycerol

Who is Norton?... (Layne?...)

I don't see the question in the above. Smile

Quote:Lasssst question, when I'll have to start dieting, I was thinking to cut carbs on non training days (as mentionned in the bible), so i'll drop 350g carbs + IW, still remaining less than 1800kcal.
When I'll reach a plateau and stop dropping bf, It may be wise to cut carbs far from training, so I was thinking on breakfast and then lunch ? would you agree ?

Cheers

Page 131 of the book answers your question, I think. Smile

-S
-Scott

(02-05-2018, 02:05 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Cleans and snatches don't lend themselves to being performed when fatigued: There is a high injury risk d/t form breakdown. Trying to take either movement to something that evokes muscular failure in the way we're trying to do during a MR (to produce a hypertrophic stimulus) is asking for an injury, IMO. Smile
OK, let stay away from injury !

(02-05-2018, 02:05 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Who is Norton?... (Layne?...) Yes that's him

I don't see the question in the above. Smile
Oops, question is : Is my recipe OK ?
50g Waxy Maize (plan to buy some maltodextrin (HBCD too exepensive) but I have to finish the WM stock)
15g Peptopro
10g BCAA
5g Glutamin
5g Creatin
2g Glycerol

I'm going to buy some powders on the internet but I need to get right stuff Wink

(02-05-2018, 02:05 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Page 131 of the book answers your question, I think. Smile

-S

I'll go rereread, as I'm still learning english I don't understand everything at first shot Smile

Thanks for replying.

(02-05-2018, 02:34 AM)Tintin Wrote: OK, let stay away from injury !

Good call!

Quote:Oops, question is : Is my recipe OK ?
50g Waxy Maize (plan to buy some maltodextrin (HBCD too exepensive) but I have to finish the WM stock)
15g Peptopro
10g BCAA
5g Glutamin
5g Creatin
2g Glycerol

I'm going to buy some powders on the internet but I need to get right stuff Wink

Waxy maize is very often a low glycemic index carb source, but does well sometimes with some folks' gastrointestinal system.

Depending on when your previous meal was (and how long training takes you), I might replace the BCAA with whey isolate. You've likely got plenty of EAAs (BCAAs are just three of the EAAs) from the total of 25g protein.

I'd probably buy the maltodextrin now and at least mix that 50/50 with the waxy if you can afford it. You'll get a much better insulin spike this way and it will help you ease into using maltodextrin, which can sometimes cause some GI distress.

Quote:I'll go rereread, as I'm still learning english I don't understand everything at first shot Smile

Thanks for replying.

it's one of the FAQ's that's answered in the book - pretty much your exact question. Smile (Easier to just direct you to that rather than point out the inconsistencies.)

-S
-Scott

(02-05-2018, 06:59 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Waxy maize is very often a low glycemic index carb source, but does well sometimes with some folks' gastrointestinal system.

Depending on when your previous meal was (and how long training takes you), I might replace the BCAA with whey isolate. You've likely got plenty of EAAs (BCAAs are just three of the EAAs) from the total of 25g protein.

I'd probably buy the maltodextrin now and at least mix that 50/50 with the waxy if you can afford it. You'll get a much better insulin spike this way and it will help you ease into using maltodextrin, which can sometimes cause some GI distress.

Great, so I'm going to do the 50/50 WM/Malto
Concerning protein sources i'm a bit lost around peptopro, bcaa, eaa, whey isolate ... Is it better to mix them up or Whey isolate only + Carbs + Creatin are fine ? Moreover, what do u think of plant-based protein ? Used to buy this one

for info training around 5pm +/- 1h30
(preworkout meal 4pm, postworkout meal 8pm)

I really love chatting with you Scott because u're one of these people very knowledgeable and generous, never seems to be pissed off Angel