Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FT Questions....
(08-06-2018, 09:47 AM)ctascajr Wrote: Thank you Dr Scott. Sorry that I missed that point in the book. I’m sure you get pretty sick of repeating yourself! Thanks again for the wealth of knowledge and for being so accessible!

Better to simply say, "Read the booK" than literally to have to repeat myself!!!

I think there is so much info. to sift through (on the web in modern society) and it can be such a PITA to do so, that folks often don't even start / try to do so sometimes. Also, it may not even occur to them to look in the obvious place (like the book), as there are many incomplete/ poorly organized sources if info. So, I totally understand not searching. Plus, I've seen this over the years over at intense muscle where "read the stickies" was a mantra for years, so it's all good. Smile

You're welcome!!!

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(08-06-2018, 10:20 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Sorry, just seeing this.

OK, so, this is a bit of a pet peeve for me. The "heaviest one can handle" for "as many reps as possible" simply means going to failure.

so true
but only for one long set - I have a tendency to over complicate things - maybe this is it Smile

Quote:The only way in which that would be any different than any other set to failure for a give rep range would be if you are simply changing form to bang out sloppy and/or partial reps.

"Heavy" is relative to one's strength and "as many reps" as possible simply means to failure.

The exercise itself is meant to be somewhat dynamic and thus lends itself to more body English (it's in the nature of the movement), but if you were to go heavier and ended up getting <4 reps in the last set of the MR, would that no longer be a Kroc row?.. Smile

-S

Smile
will try today to use heavier DB
will see how I would perform

as usual Scott thank you for clarification and all of your help !

BTW
my second question

how to do

camelback rows

could not find any info on this one over the net Sad

thanks again Smile
(08-07-2018, 07:17 PM)zmt Wrote: so true
but only for one long set - I have a tendency to over complicate things - maybe this is it Smile

Smile
will try today to use heavier DB
will see how I would perform

as usual Scott thank you for clarification and all of your help !

BTW
my second question

how to do

camelback rows

could not find any info on this one over the net Sad

thanks again Smile

Did you try searching here on this site? There is a thread called "camelback row," I believe. Smile

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
wrrrr

sometimes the most obvious answers are the last that come to the head Angel

thank you ! Smile

Justin reminds me of Dante Row - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOpbIbNj75w

since I love Dante Row I will try this exercise as well

BTW
I did Kroc Rows with 32,5 kg 5x4 + 10 reps
still to light for classic MR but closer - will try next time with even heavier DB

thank you x2 !

Hej Scott
just an idea
since there is no 'clean' video of this exercise
maybe it will be your next shot for your video catalogue of weird exercises on Instagram ?? Smile
(08-08-2018, 06:06 PM)zmt Wrote: wrrrr

sometimes the most obvious answers are the last that come to the head Angel

thank you ! Smile

Justin reminds me of Dante Row - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOpbIbNj75w

since I love Dante Row I will try this exercise as well

BTW
I did Kroc Rows with 32,5 kg 5x4 + 10 reps
still to light for classic MR but closer - will try next time with even heavier DB

thank you x2 !

Hej Scott
just an idea
since there is no 'clean' video of this exercise
maybe it will be your next shot for your video catalogue of weird exercises on Instagram ?? Smile

You're welcome! Smile

(Funny that things are sometime easier to find here on this board vs. a google search.)

Yes, that "Dante Row" is a way to do the camelback row that Dante suggested, I'm pretty sure. (I think I've seen a video of Justin Harris doing it, too.)

Sure, I can put that one up, I think. The gym I normally train at (lately) doesn't have a seated row with a raised seat like that, so I might have to take a "business trip" to another gym. Smile

-S
-Scott

would be perfect for future generations ! Smile

BTW
great feeling after camelback rows (the way I think I should to them Wink) - waiting for correct video instruction
(08-09-2018, 06:32 PM)zmt Wrote: would be perfect for future generations ! Smile

BTW
great feeling after camelback rows (the way I think I should to them Wink) - waiting for correct video instruction

LOL

(Give me a bit - I can't get to that gym until later in the week - too much going on to fit in the extra drive.)

-S
-Scott

generations will wait Smile
Hey Scott,

I've been doing FT for a year+ now, and can say without a shadow of a doubt that I've made some of the best progress and learned SO much about my own body's recovery abilities that it's insane.

The $20 spent on your ebook has yielded more than the thousands spent on all the other crap us bodybuilders spend on.

I remember a few years ago you answering a question with: "It depends", and I'd want to shout at the computer monitor and say: "Just tell me what to do!"...not realizing how much inter individuality was at play here, and how much you needed to learn about YOURSELF in this endeavor. Id really like to thank you for all of this, the FT system, the board, your willingness to come on here and help us out.

After a year of FT, I wanted to try something a little different before coming back to this again. I decided to try one of John Meadows high frequency programs, I'm running one of his program: (the taskmaster) for this blast. I'm not sure if you're familiar with the details of the programming, It's a high volume, high frequency (bodypart blocks), 6 days a week.

I'm someone who ran FT tier 1 EOD due to my body's recovery abilities. It's super tough for me to do multiple sets not to failure. 1 muscle round or 1 straight set in FT meant serious business.

I was wondering what you'd do in my instance? Take out one of the extra high frequency days? It's a back phase right now? Or remove 1 set from the 3-4 sets John has for each exercise?

Or just run the program as is, and see how my body reacts in 1-2 weeks, then adjust from there? (This seems like a logical thing to do)

Thanks again for everything,

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
(08-15-2018, 04:39 AM)thethinker48 Wrote: Hey Scott,

I've been doing FT for a year+ now, and can say without a shadow of a doubt that I've made some of the best progress and learned SO much about my own body's recovery abilities that it's insane.

The $20 spent on your ebook has yielded more than the thousands spent on all the other crap us bodybuilders spend on.

I remember a few years ago you answering a question with: "It depends", and I'd want to shout at the computer monitor and say: "Just tell me what to do!"...not realizing how much inter individuality was at play here, and how much you needed to learn about YOURSELF in this endeavor. Id really like to thank you for all of this, the FT system, the board, your willingness to come on here and help us out.

THANK YOU so much for that, man! Glad to help - it's just part of my mission, but it's great to hear kind feedback like this.

(There was someone who posted here and sent me some nasty emails who basically told me to "F" off - actually he did say that - b/c he wanted to be told what to do. I refunded his book purchase, of course. Smile )

Quote:After a year of FT, I wanted to try something a little different before coming back to this again. I decided to try one of John Meadows high frequency programs, I'm running one of his program: (the taskmaster) for this blast. I'm not sure if you're familiar with the details of the programming, It's a high volume, high frequency (bodypart blocks), 6 days a week.

I'm someone who ran FT tier 1 EOD due to my body's recovery abilities. It's super tough for me to do multiple sets not to failure. 1 muscle round or 1 straight set in FT meant serious business.

I was wondering what you'd do in my instance? Take out one of the extra high frequency days? It's a back phase right now? Or remove 1 set from the 3-4 sets John has for each exercise?

Or just run the program as is, and see how my body reacts in 1-2 weeks, then adjust from there? (This seems like a logical thing to do)

Thanks again for everything,

John configures each of his programs differently, so I'm not sure how that one would lend itself to adjusting downward.

A few thoughts:

I would personally try to ride it out until you're quite certain you need to adjust downward. I think he uses a subjective scale to tell you how hard to push on many of those sets, so you may need to really ponder that and perhaps put in you mind the idea that there is not a kind of "work set" that is somewhere intermediate to a purely preparatory warm-up and how you'd carry out sets in FT (to failure or stopping with 1-2 reps in reserve). Think of those another kind of flexlble Set Type that's MD training specific. :

Does he say in this program that you can drop one of the extra days?... (That's a common feature of his programs.) If so, that would be the way to go (as needed), as his programs are well thought out. I'd not drop the extra day that's the focus of the training block, though, as it sounds like that's the key feature of this program?....

Also, he's got a FB group where you can post Q's. I'm an admin there (I think) so I can get you in to get some feedback if you like.

-S
-Scott