Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FT Questions....
(08-15-2018, 04:39 AM)thethinker48 Wrote: Hey Scott,

I've been doing FT for a year+ now, and can say without a shadow of a doubt that I've made some of the best progress and learned SO much about my own body's recovery abilities that it's insane.

The $20 spent on your ebook has yielded more than the thousands spent on all the other crap us bodybuilders spend on.

I remember a few years ago you answering a question with: "It depends", and I'd want to shout at the computer monitor and say: "Just tell me what to do!"...not realizing how much inter individuality was at play here, and how much you needed to learn about YOURSELF in this endeavor. Id really like to thank you for all of this, the FT system, the board, your willingness to come on here and help us out.

After a year of FT, I wanted to try something a little different before coming back to this again. I decided to try one of John Meadows high frequency programs, I'm running one of his program: (the taskmaster) for this blast. I'm not sure if you're familiar with the details of the programming, It's a high volume, high frequency (bodypart blocks), 6 days a week.

I'm someone who ran FT tier 1 EOD due to my body's recovery abilities. It's super tough for me to do multiple sets not to failure. 1 muscle round or 1 straight set in FT meant serious business.

I was wondering what you'd do in my instance? Take out one of the extra high frequency days? It's a back phase right now? Or remove 1 set from the 3-4 sets John has for each exercise?

Or just run the program as is, and see how my body reacts in 1-2 weeks, then adjust from there? (This seems like a logical thing to do)

Thanks again for everything,

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
A little update on this:

Stuck to Johns original programming for about 1.5 weeks; yup body's beat, a bit flatter and worn out from the training (you know the look, calories are high but fullness not so much), I'm going to need to reduce the volume.

This is where the fun begins; or at least the fun of figuring out what works for me. It's funny how much genetics play a role in recovery, perfect sleep and super supplements included, it's still varied.

I think I'm going to start with dropping 1 set from each exercise; everything's programmed specifically so even the exercises John has more emphasis on for loading have more sets or other intensity techniques so it should keep it neutral across the board.

I'll keep everything else the same, so hitting back 3x a week as part of this block, reducing overall volume from the whole program and keeping frequency the same should be ideal I think; it's the same thing I did with FT, I just added a rest day after each training session on top of tier 1.

Any thoughts?

(08-23-2018, 07:07 AM)thethinker48 Wrote: A little update on this:

Stuck to Johns original programming for about 1.5 weeks; yup body's beat, a bit flatter and worn out from the training (you know the look, calories are high but fullness not so much), I'm going to need to reduce the volume.

This is where the fun begins; or at least the fun of figuring out what works for me. It's funny how much genetics play a role in recovery, perfect sleep and super supplements included, it's still varied.

I think I'm going to start with dropping 1 set from each exercise; everything's programmed specifically so even the exercises John has more emphasis on for loading have more sets or other intensity techniques so it should keep it neutral across the board.

I'll keep everything else the same, so hitting back 3x a week as part of this block, reducing overall volume from the whole program and keeping frequency the same should be ideal I think; it's the same thing I did with FT, I just added a rest day after each training session on top of tier 1.

Any thoughts?

Really, I would defer to John on this one, as I'm sure he has specific ideas as to how to go about things in your case. Are you a member on his board, or in his FB group?...

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(08-24-2018, 09:12 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Really, I would defer to John on this one, as I'm sure he has specific ideas as to how to go about things in your case. Are you a member on his board, or in his FB group?...

-S
Not in his Facebook group (don't have a Facebook), on his board yes.

Perhaps emailing him or posting it there would be better.

Thanks for referring me there directly, it's his program, makes sense to contact him directly.

(08-24-2018, 02:35 PM)thethinker48 Wrote: Not in his Facebook group (don't have a Facebook), on his board yes.

Perhaps emailing him or posting it there would be better.

Thanks for referring me there directly, it's his program, makes sense to contact him directly.

Yeah, I think so. I think he's got a discussion board over there, or used to?...

FYI, his FB group is pretty active, so it might be worth it just to set up an essential anon. FB profile if you want to dig into the MD programming. Smile

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(08-23-2018, 07:07 AM)thethinker48 Wrote: A little update on this:

Any thoughts?

Will be interesting to hear how this tweak works out for you. I followed one of John's programmes at the tail end of last year and by the beginning of the third week I was complete toast. I deloaded for a full week and then within another week was ruined again so dropped the programme. I do want to swap between FT and M-Dog training so would love to hear how you get on with slightly lower volume.
I emailed John, and he instructed to add rest days as needed, for example every 3rd day is a rest day.

So similar to how I adjusted FT, I started training every other day.

Let's see how this goes next week.

I'm a huge fan of John, but FT took me 1 entire year to figure out completely for my body, and it worked tremendously. I'm going back to it very soon...

There's something to be said about progressive training, eating and recovery that creates the biggest version of you your genetics allow...

(08-26-2018, 02:34 AM)thethinker48 Wrote: I emailed John, and he instructed to add rest days as needed, for example every 3rd day is a rest day.

So similar to how I adjusted FT, I started training every other day.

Let's see how this goes next week.

I'm a huge fan of John, but FT took me 1 entire year to figure out completely for my body, and it worked tremendously. I'm going back to it very soon...

There's something to be said about progressive training, eating and recovery that creates the biggest version of you your genetics allow...

That bolded part sounds very familiar! Smile Smile Smile

-S

-Scott

(08-26-2018, 11:56 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: That bolded part sounds very familiar! Smile Smile Smile

-S
I've been listening to too many podcasts with this really smart jacked PHD named Scott Stevenson...not sure if you've heard of him lol

Some phrases are becoming part of my daily vernacular now [emoji846]

(08-29-2018, 05:02 PM)thethinker48 Wrote: I've been listening to too many podcasts with this really smart jacked PHD named Scott Stevenson

but never too many Smile
(08-29-2018, 05:02 PM)thethinker48 Wrote: I've been listening to too many podcasts with this really smart jacked PHD named Scott Stevenson...not sure if you've heard of him lol

Some phrases are becoming part of my daily vernacular now [emoji846]

LOL! (I'm a bit loopy from far too much computer time and read the above as some "smart jack-ass" PHD... LOL Smile (Didn't even phase me! Smile )

(08-29-2018, 06:32 PM)zmt Wrote: but never too many Smile

Got a slew coming up next week! Smile

-S
-Scott