Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FT Questions....
let us know about the new ones we don't want to miss them Smile
(08-30-2018, 05:52 PM)zmt Wrote: let us know about the new ones we don't want to miss them Smile

I've got to update the site - there are dozens i've not posted on there. (On the To Do list!!!)

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
crossing fingers
Hi Scott,

Thanks for this great platform to raise our questions on FT.

As you know l just started on FT Basic Tier 2 and is really enjoying it as its very user friendly.

My biggest problem is my triceps...how can l prioritize my triceps on Basic FT Tier 2?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Max
(09-03-2018, 02:33 AM)maxthedetonator Wrote: Hi Scott,

Thanks for this great platform to raise our questions on FT.

As you know l just started on FT Basic Tier 2 and is really enjoying it as its very user friendly.

My biggest problem is my triceps...how can l prioritize my triceps on Basic FT Tier 2?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Max

Max,

Check this out... Smile

FT Most Frequently Questions asked here on the Forum

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Hi I have a question for Scott, when my current prep is over I’m switching to a 3 day a week training split i’m Trying to decided between either
A. DC training
B. FT working family man routine
Or C . Doing the turbo version of FT but move the 4th workout to the next week and so on, do you think this would work well? My thinking is the family man routine you say in the book is more upper body focused but by doing the 4 day and just moving it to the next week the focus stays on legs as well. Any input would be much appreciated I’ve spoken to Pscarb and he said 3 days worked very well for him.
(09-20-2018, 03:59 AM)Latestarter Wrote: Hi I have a question for Scott, when my current prep is over I’m switching to a 3 day a week training split i’m Trying to decided between either
A. DC training
B. FT working family man routine
Or C . Doing the turbo version of FT but move the 4th workout to the next week and so on, do you think this would work well? My thinking is the family man routine you say in the book is more upper body focused but by doing the 4 day and just moving it to the next week the focus stays on legs as well. Any input would be much appreciated I’ve spoken to Pscarb and he said 3 days worked very well for him.

You've provided no input variables except that you want a 3 day / week program and don't want an upper body focused plan (rather a more balanced approach), so I've got little to go on?... I don't know what kind of training you've done, what kind you prefer, what you need to work on to improve, or really anything that could help me help you make a decision. (I could lay out a multiple page response based on major variables, but that would probably more so distract us away from your situation.)

By analogy: My friend is wanting an SUV for his next car and considering a Jeep, Hummer and FJ Cruiser. Which one would you suggest?... Wink

-S
-Scott

Does the abductor machine fit into any of the FT bodypart categories or would it just be considered an extra exercise?

This one-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrUMg8Z3kiU
(10-02-2018, 09:23 AM)calamari88 Wrote: Does the abductor machine fit into any of the FT bodypart categories or would it just be considered an extra exercise?

This one-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrUMg8Z3kiU

Adductors would fall under the category of "Thigh" and are explicitly written into FT. (Check the Overview sheets - they are done on Loading set days as a DC style RP set, or single straight set on Tier I.) If someone were absolutely lacking in adductors, they could be trained directly elsewhere, but with GREAT care adductors can easily get tweaked / develop tendonitis which can linger for quite a long time and interfere with other leg training. (Better would be to focus compound leg exercises on those with a wide stance that engages the adductors heavily.)

-S
-Scott

(10-03-2018, 01:16 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Adductors would fall under the category of "Thigh" and are explicitly written into FT. (Check the Overview sheets - they are done on Loading set days as a DC style RP set, or single straight set on Tier I.) If someone were absolutely lacking in adductors, they could be trained directly elsewhere, but with GREAT care adductors can easily get tweaked / develop tendonitis which can linger for quite a long time and interfere with other leg training. (Better would be to focus compound leg exercises on those with a wide stance that engages the adductors heavily.)

-S

Hi Scott, thanks for the info on the adductors. Those are very helpful considerations and I will be using that info, but there was a misunderstanding because of the similar spelling. I was asking about the abductor machine. Blush The machine that works the glutes, with the pads on the outside of the thigh. Sometimes they call it the "Outer Thigh" machine but I don't know if it hits enough thigh to be in the Thigh category of FT. Which category in the template would you consider it to fall into?

This guy right here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JN8aXMHkF0