Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FT Questions....
(09-23-2014, 02:28 AM)Cerberus777 Wrote: Scott,
I am thinking about switching around movements to pre-fatigue the muscle.
On the Zig Zag (tier 3) where would the sets to failure go? Example if you just want to place here and here lol.

Incline Fly
Incline Smith
Incline Fly
Incline Smith

No difference in how you'd do that:

---Isolation sets can each be taken to failure (individual choice and depending on exercise.) E.g., using a somersault squat for quad isolation, I'd be wary of hitting failure (you can get trapped), but for a knee extension, failure is less CNS taxing and safe.

---Compound sets - only the last one (safely).
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(09-23-2014, 04:28 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: No difference in how you'd do that:

---Isolation sets can each be taken to failure (individual choice and depending on exercise.) E.g., using a somersault squat for quad isolation, I'd be wary of hitting failure (you can get trapped), but for a knee extension, failure is less CNS taxing and safe.

---Compound sets - only the last one (safely).

Thanks, appreciate you.

Scott,
Ok, dont mean to be a pest. How do you feel about dividing Tiers? The Teir 3 loading feels right , I add weigh or reps for every exercise in the Zig Zag. On MR days Im progressing as well. But wonder if I would do just as good 1 Tier down.

My thinking is more long term, and were do i go next? If already at the top.
(09-23-2014, 12:55 PM)Cerberus777 Wrote: Scott,
Ok, dont mean to be a pest. How do you feel about dividing Tiers? The Teir 3 loading feels right , I add weigh or reps for every exercise in the Zig Zag. On MR days Im progressing as well. But wonder if I would do just as good 1 Tier down.

My thinking is more long term, and were do i go next? If already at the top.

Or am i over thinking things since I can go the whole 6 weeks at T3T
Cerebrus,

What kind of progress are you making?...

How many Blasts have you done?...

Are you that finely tuned in that you're sure you'll do better by blending Tiers?...

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
I'm in the middle of second blast. Im pretty intune with my body, but tend to second guess myself when trying something new. When I started Fortified I just stopped doing something similar to the 3way DC with more and 6 days a week......After I left the above post, I planed to start next blast fully at T2 and chart progress, if its the same, I'm doing more than needed.
(09-24-2014, 03:21 AM)Cerberus777 Wrote: I'm in the middle of second blast. Im pretty intune with my body, but tend to second guess myself when trying something new. When I started Fortified I just stopped doing something similar to the 3way DC with more and 6 days a week......After I left the above post, I planed to start next blast fully at T2 and chart progress, if its the same, I'm doing more than needed.

OK, so it sounds like you're on your way then. (I don't know how much progress you've made, but you may not either?...)

There are ways to adjust the program within a tier in terms of exercise selection (extent of overlap on compound vs. "isolation" exercises) and how you do the Pump sets that can be used to adjust the overall stimulus. I like to see folks work with those things first - before just blending Tiers. I think there can be a lot more to learn from seeing what can be done within a system, vs. trying to adjust it.

Both ways can work, for sure, but I think you'll see what i mean.

As an example, for thighs on Day 3, you might do:

Leg press
Knee ext.
Prone ham curl.

Compare this with:
Leg press
Sommersault squat
DB stiff-legged DL

The latter set of exercises is a bit more challenging that the first and will hit glutes and hams more so than the first set. Compare those two rotations of MR one week after the other and you'll see what I mean.

Someone who needs more posterior chain work would go with a high foot, wide leg press of some sort, somersault or smith sissy hack, and then a SLDL variation, with the latter two counting as "isolation" exercises for the quads and hams, that also get some ham and glute involvement, respectively that is missing from the single joint selections. This would be a "bridge" between doing Tier I and Tier II for Thighs.

-S
-Scott

(09-24-2014, 07:42 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: OK, so it sounds like you're on your way then. (I don't know how much progress you've made, but you may not either?...)

There are ways to adjust the program within a tier in terms of exercise selection (extent of overlap on compound vs. "isolation" exercises) and how you do the Pump sets that can be used to adjust the overall stimulus. I like to see folks work with those things first - before just blending Tiers. I think there can be a lot more to learn from seeing what can be done within a system, vs. trying to adjust it.

Both ways can work, for sure, but I think you'll see what i mean.

As an example, for thighs on Day 3, you might do:

Leg press
Knee ext.
Prone ham curl.

Compare this with:
Leg press
Sommersault squat
DB stiff-legged DL

The latter set of exercises is a bit more challenging that the first and will hit glutes and hams more so than the first set. Compare those two rotations of MR one week after the other and you'll see what I mean.

Someone who needs more posterior chain work would go with a high foot, wide leg press of some sort, somersault or smith sissy hack, and then a SLDL variation, with the latter two counting as "isolation" exercises for the quads and hams, that also get some ham and glute involvement, respectively that is missing from the single joint selections. This would be a "bridge" between doing Tier I and Tier II for Thighs.

-S

I've made great progress so far, probably 8lbs LBM(up 4lbs and now getting leaner while trying to maintain weight) from first blast till middle of my second. And I am no very assisted. Really just thinking if i could get more with less, so there is room to add when things slow. Your ideas on exercise selection, and picking ones that hit target area with greater effort is my style.

I needed more glute/hip development, but they are comming up well with abductor work and use of a lot of stiffleg variations. I need to bring up chest and back more. I have short limbs so, im finding more isolation with chest and single arm work with back is helping. Thoughts?

Again thank you.
(09-24-2014, 10:52 AM)Cerberus777 Wrote: I've made great progress so far, probably 8lbs LBM(up 4lbs and now getting leaner while trying to maintain weight) from first blast till middle of my second. And I am no very assisted. Really just thinking if i could get more with less, so there is room to add when things slow. Your ideas on exercise selection, and picking ones that hit target area with greater effort is my style.

I needed more glute/hip development, but they are comming up well with abductor work and use of a lot of stiffleg variations. I need to bring up chest and back more. I have short limbs so, im finding more isolation with chest and single arm work with back is helping. Thoughts?

Again thank you.

On what specifically?

You need to make gains in your legs, chest and back. Legs are growing, as are chest and back and you've got strategies that seem to be helping.

-S
-Scott

(09-25-2014, 12:44 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: On what specifically?

You need to make gains in your legs, chest and back. Legs are growing, as are chest and back and you've got strategies that seem to be helping.

-S

Lol, guess that's all I needed.