Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FT Questions....
(12-10-2014, 06:41 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: They are pretty damn tough.

You can to these with a leg press, too. Non-stop joy. Smile

-S

I bet they are Smile I'll give them a try soon...but anything that would require balance and well, a brain like BBS, not so much Smile
(12-10-2014, 10:45 AM)Cerberus777 Wrote: I bet they are Smile I'll give them a try soon...but anything that would require balance and well, a brain like BBS, not so much Smile

If you are so inclined (and more than a touch masochistic) to do these and not worry so much about balance, you can use your off hand for balance. I do them on a bench with the bar racked and gently place my hand on the end of the barbell. Helps a ton with balance and allows you to focus more in form. Pushing the weight, etc. and less on trying to balance and not tip over. Plus if you feel like forcing reps , a gentle push on the barbell will let you extend the set a few reps and really punish yourself.

I'm sure many will say that defeats the purpose. But I guess then it depends on what your purpose is. Mine is building muscle and strength, not learning how to balance with unilateral weight.
(12-10-2014, 11:12 AM)Altamir Wrote: If you are so inclined (and more than a touch masochistic) to do these and not worry so much about balance, you can use your off hand for balance. I do them on a bench with the bar racked and gently place my hand on the end of the barbell. Helps a ton with balance and allows you to focus more in form. Pushing the weight, etc. and less on trying to balance and not tip over. Plus if you feel like forcing reps , a gentle push on the barbell will let you extend the set a few reps and really punish yourself.

I'm sure many will say that defeats the purpose. But I guess then it depends on what your purpose is. Mine is building muscle and strength, not learning how to balance with unilateral weight.

Thanks,guess that's were the brain part comes in. Wink I'll give these a go as well then.
Have i got this right now?

Day 1 – Tier 2 Lower Body Loading + Upper Body Pump – Group A

Loading Sets 6-12reps
Barbell Squats 1 x 6-12 – 2mins rest
Leg Extensions 1 x 6-12(failure) – 2mins rest
Barbell Squats 1 x 6-12(failure) – 2mins rest
Hamstring Curl 1 x 6-12(failure) – 2mins rest
Adductors 1 x Rest Pause 15-20reps
(Flexibility Stretches)
Seated Calf Raise 2 x 6-12 – 1min rest
Standing Calf Raise 2 x 6-12 – 1min rest
(Flexibility Stretches)

Pump Sets 15-30reps
Cable Crossovers S/Set with Low Pulley Row – 1min rest
Hammer Strength Press S/Set with High Pulley Stretchers – 1min rest
(Extreme Stretches)
Lateral Raises S/Set with Ab Crunches – 1min rest
Hammer Strength Shoulder Press S/Set with Roman Chairs – 1min rest
(Extreme Stretches)
Barbell Curl S/Set with Overhead Rope Extensions
(Extreme Stretches)

JLarge,

Rest as long as needed after Loading sets for Thighs.

Do Thigh stretches after training Thighs.

Stretches are intuitive - it could be any of the three types. (This goes for all of what you posted above, after Loading, Pump and Muscle Rounds.)

Read the note on adductors at the bottom of the Overview sheets (# of failure points varies by Tier)

You can do Calf loading sets that way if you like (2 exercises), or just used one exercise on a given day for your Loading Set Rotation. (That's going to be hard to secure 2 exercises like that, meaning that tracking progression will be tough.)

There is no set rest interval after you've finished you PUMP sets for a given muscle grouping (although an occlusion stretch will work better with less rest, of course).

You don't need to use two different sets of exercises for the Two super sets for PUMP sets, but you could if you want to and that feels right (and you can secure those in your gym).

You seem to be portraying that PUMP set exercises would be set in stone, and the are not. It could vary each and every day, or be just a few favorites. That's up to you.

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Ok Scott Thanks

The rest period for pump sets I was just using what was written on the sheets.

I chose different exercises for the two sets purely to hit different muscle angles especially for delts....or are you not to worried cos they will get hit different on the next loading day and during muscle rounds?

After each pump set grouping is complete I stretch then move onto the next grouping correct?

Would you log pump sets then....That's why I was getting specific or would you focus on logging loading sets and muscle rounds moreso?
(12-16-2014, 07:33 AM)JLarge1989 Wrote: Ok Scott Thanks

The rest period for pump sets I was just using what was written on the sheets.

I chose different exercises for the two sets purely to hit different muscle angles especially for delts....or are you not to worried cos they will get hit different on the next loading day and during muscle rounds?

After each pump set grouping is complete I stretch then move onto the next grouping correct?

Would you log pump sets then....That's why I was getting specific or would you focus on logging loading sets and muscle rounds moreso?

JL,

Definitely mix it up on the Delts if you can. (Abs as well, if you like.) For delts this is pretty easy to do with dumbbells. Smile

Yes on the stretching question.

I'd log the pump sets as you get used to the program, but these are definitely third in terms of log gin progression. There may be days when you do a PUMP set as a straight set of 25 reps and use the same exercise but in this time do 5's Into the Hole, 21's or a lot of partials, so the weight and reps will be all over the place. You can keep track though.

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
True. I guess with pump it all depends on feel that day too. You could do 30 reps straight or you may do 20 with 10 partials so I understand.

I've switched day 1 and 2 around so ill do the same with the muscle rounds. Purely because coming out of my last routine I trained lower body last so wanna do upper loading first.

Really appreciate the patience Scott!
This is what I did today...I didn't know if I should have done 1 isolation for chest too?
And just taken that and the one set compound to failure after warm ups..

Cos u only did 1 set lat pull down in between rows am I still ok to warm up then do the set or after I've done my first bent over row should I be going straight into my failure set on lat pull down?

Day 2 – Tier 2 Upper Body Loading + Lower Body Pump – Group A

Loading Sets 6-12reps
Bent Over Barbell Row 1 x 6-12 – 90secs Rest
Lat Pulldowns 1 x 6-12 (failure) – 90s Rest
Bent Over Barbell Row 1 x 6-12 (failure) – 90s Rest
(Back Stretches)
Decline Bench Press 1 x 6-12 – 90s Rest
Decline Bench Press 1 x 6-12 (Failure) 90s rest
(Chest Stretches)
Hammer Strength Shoulder Press 1 x 6-12(failure) 90s rest
Lateral Raises 1 x 6-12 (failure) 
(Shoulder Stretches)

Pump Sets 15-30reps
Leg Press 1 x 15-30reps S/Set with Knee Extensions S/set with Seated Calf Raise – 1min rest
Leg Press 1 x 15-30reps S/Set with Hamstring Curls 
(Leg Stretches)
(12-16-2014, 10:22 PM)JLarge1989 Wrote: True. I guess with pump it all depends on feel that day too. You could do 30 reps straight or you may do 20 with 10 partials so I understand.

I've switched day 1 and 2 around so ill do the same with the muscle rounds. Purely because coming out of my last routine I trained lower body last so wanna do upper loading first.

Really appreciate the patience Scott!

You're welcome!

That's a fine switch. (I address that in the book, too - looks like you've been doing some reading! Smile )

-S
-Scott