Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FT Questions....
(12-25-2014, 12:16 PM)DOWORK Wrote: Awesome! Your students are in for a treat with a professor who not only knows his shit but also looks the part lol. Happy Holidays Scott!

You, too, man!

It was funny - in the gym a week or so ago, talking to one of the trainers who will also be a student. He introduced me as his professor and his client (older woman) was like, "Oh.... Ooohhh?...." LOL

I said, "I know crazy - some of those professor guys actually lift, too! LOL "

(We had a nice laugh.)

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Merry Christmas and happy new year everybody !
Hey Scott,

Regarding diet where you say in the book if you only have time for 1 meal post workout go all out and eat carbs the next morning.
Does this mean you eat lesser carbs on that training day? Or do you spread out the carbs you WOULD've had for that 2nd meal Post WO throughout the day before training?

Thanks.

Happy holidays everyone !
(12-26-2014, 04:36 PM)fearanimal Wrote: Hey Scott,

Regarding diet where you say in the book if you only have time for 1 meal post workout go all out and eat carbs the next morning.
Does this mean you eat lesser carbs on that training day? Or do you spread out the carbs you WOULD've had for that 2nd meal Post WO throughout the day before training?

Thanks.

Happy holidays everyone !

Yes, with that dietary approach. you'd eat those meals as if you were targeting about 100g carbs for the day. If 4 out of your meals are low carb then you'd have about 80 g / carb spread out over those meal.

(A possible exception of the one before the workout, which could be low fat, especially if its shortly before the workout. This makes taking in a large peri-WO recovery supplement more feasible.)

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(12-27-2014, 01:29 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Yes, with that dietary approach. you'd eat those meals as if you were targeting about 100g carbs for the day. If 4 out of your meals are low carb then you'd have about 80 g / carb spread out over those meal.

(A possible exception of the one before the workout, which could be low fat, especially if its shortly before the workout. This makes taking in a large peri-WO recovery supplement more feasible.)

-S

Ok, so for example on a late training day where id want 290c total:

20c
20c
20c
20c
intra 40c (HBCD isnt cheap winkie)
pwo 167c

then next morning high carb?
Would those 4 meals still be high fat?

Thanks Scott!
(12-27-2014, 05:17 PM)fearanimal Wrote: Ok, so for example on a late training day where id want 290c total:

20c
20c
20c
20c
intra 40c (HBCD isnt cheap winkie)
pwo 167c

then next morning high carb?

Yep!

Quote:Would those 4 meals still be high fat?

See below. Smile

Quote:(A possible exception of the one before the workout, which could be low fat, especially if its shortly before the workout. This makes taking in a large peri-WO recovery supplement more feasible.)

-S
-Scott

(12-28-2014, 01:01 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Yep!

See below. Smile

-S

Hmm, interesting. Do you mind me asking why the low fat before training? Is it because you want that meal to be digested quicker before training?

Thanks!
Scott meant that low fat just shortly bf workout in order to be able to digest peri workout drink else fat cause slowing in absorbsion IMO
(12-30-2014, 06:08 PM)Hakan Çelik Wrote: Scott meant that low fat just shortly bf workout in order to be able to digest peri workout drink else fat cause slowing in absorbsion IMO

Ah, makes sense. Thanks brother!

Scott,

I just completed my first 6 week cycle staying on tier 1. Felt great and didn't feel the need to cruise but obviously did anyway. I am going to step up to tier 2 now but have a question.

Besides lifting I also play hockey and have found that my hip flexors have really taken a beating so far through tier 1. Its not that the workload was a lot or too much, but between using heavier weights plus playing hockey 1-3 times a week they seem to be flaring up more than usual. I know that having a desk job is the reason for this pain in the first place and between stretching and working sets to try to rid myself of this issue it still lingers. So I was thinking of moving up to Tier 2 but keeping legs at Tier 1 for the time being until I can get this issue sorted out. Thoughts?

I also want to try to change up the actual workouts I choose for legs as leg press seems to really be the worst thing for it, and even squats are hurting pretty bad but not nearly as bad as the leg press. I feel like I keep having to resort to Extensions a lot of times and tbh I only like using that for pump sets for the burn and even then I rather do something else to really fire up my legs.