Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FT Questions....
(02-13-2015, 12:50 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Hey Bud,

That's really your call. Day #4 was Triceps and/or Biceps, which was about adding the option to have Biceps in there a 4th time. IMO, most folks would be just fine with just doing triceps on Day #4, but b/c biceps can be a favorite I put that in there as an option.

The other main reason is overtraining triceps / getting triceps tendinitis can interfere with both chest and delta and seems to (just my general impression) more of an issue over for BB'er. You'll see lots of guys can still train the biceps (Arnold S, Charles P. are two guys who keep them up as "show muscles" it seems), but if you overdo triceps, this can bring training to a screeching halt.

Glad you liked the article! (Glad it's finally out!)

-S

Thanks for the explanation! I figured it would be something like this. The added frequency on everything is doing really well for me, and while more is not always better, its hard for the human mind to start wandering in that direction. Wink
(02-13-2015, 04:17 AM)Altamir Wrote: Thanks for the explanation! I figured it would be something like this. The added frequency on everything is doing really well for me, and while more is not always better, its hard for the human mind to start wandering in that direction. Wink

Yes, makes perfect sense. I would say that training arms too often directly is not needed for most folks, so you might the an exception here.

(It will also depend on your choice of exercises otherwise, as someone who chooses to do more compound exercises for back, chest and shoulders generally won't be able to get away with (or need) too much direct arm work.)

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(02-13-2015, 07:01 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Yes, makes perfect sense. I would say that training arms too often directly is not needed for most folks, so you might the an exception here.

(It will also depend on your choice of exercises otherwise, as someone who chooses to do more compound exercises for back, chest and shoulders generally won't be able to get away with (or need) too much direct arm work.)

-S

haha, I am certainly. Wink I was told this when I started (which, BTW I still think is sound advice) to work on getting as strong as I could at Squat, Deadlift, Bench, Military, and BB row, and that will really fill everything out. After I hit an "intermediate" level I can start looking into details. After following that and putting on a decent amount of weight. my legs, back, and shoulders really filled out, chest not so much, arms not at all ... Sad Live and learn Smile
(02-13-2015, 11:41 PM)Altamir Wrote: haha, I am certainly. Wink I was told this when I started (which, BTW I still think is sound advice) to work on getting as strong as I could at Squat, Deadlift, Bench, Military, and BB row, and that will really fill everything out. After I hit an "intermediate" level I can start looking into details. After following that and putting on a decent amount of weight. my legs, back, and shoulders really filled out, chest not so much, arms not at all ... Sad Live and learn Smile

Nice insight and not uncommon. You'd be probably what many call a delt pusher or a delt presser, meaning your anterior delts grow well, but chest isn't hit with BB pressing movements, for instance.

(You might have a pretty damn good OH press that's not too far from your flat bench, or at least closer than is the case for many guys, relatively speaking.)

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
I'm sorry if these questions have been asked somewhere in these 42 pages. I finally got access to the forum here and started reading in here last night. Made it to about page 14 and hadn't seen my questions yet, and then fell asleep.
I'm looking to start FT tomorrow, so here are my final questions.

1- peri workout shake. I currently use just a blend protein. To be honest I plan to buy some karbolyn, but can't really afford 2 more kinds of protein ( hydro whey and isolate) can a blend work as well? Or can I just maybe buy an isolate?

2- Are pump sets for lower done in a superset fashion like upper pump sets are? Or just straight sets?

3- Give me some examples of carb sources you guys are using for your meals please.

4- Skiploading and FT. Can it be done?

Thank you!
First post here and glad to be here.
(02-22-2015, 12:10 AM)Fireguy10720 Wrote: I'm sorry if these questions have been asked somewhere in these 42 pages. I finally got access to the forum here and started reading in here last night. Made it to about page 14 and hadn't seen my questions yet, and then fell asleep.
I'm looking to start FT tomorrow, so here are my final questions.

Quote:1- peri workout shake. I currently use just a blend protein. To be honest I plan to buy some karbolyn, but can't really afford 2 more kinds of protein ( hydro whey and isolate) can a blend work as well? Or can I just maybe buy an isolate?

Yes.

Quote:2- Are pump sets for lower done in a superset fashion like upper pump sets are? Or just straight sets?

Superset.

Quote:4- Skiploading and FT. Can it be done?

You can, but I would not. (I'd defer to Ken Hill about that back on IM.)

-S
-Scott

Thank you!

Now I'm set for day 1 of FT tomorrow!
Excited!
(02-22-2015, 12:10 AM)Fireguy10720 Wrote: 3- Give me some examples of carb sources you guys are using for your meals please.

Thank you!
First post here and glad to be here.

For me personally I go pretty simple. Oats and sweet potatoes. I don't really need much variety in my diet and they are easy for me to prepare. I do rice crispies post work out with whey. Really easy to digest.

Hope this is what you are looking for. Why are you looking for carb sources?
Well the book says "high glycemic" carbs.
Which typically you see "low gylcemic" carbs. Oats, Brown rice, sweet potato, etc..
So I was curious as to what people were using for carb sources.

Any more recommendation would be great !
Thank you!
(02-22-2015, 01:23 PM)Fireguy10720 Wrote: Well the book says "high glycemic" carbs.
Which typically you see "low gylcemic" carbs. Oats, Brown rice, sweet potato, etc..
So I was curious as to what people were using for carb sources.

Any more recommendation would be great !
Thank you!

Rice with honey.
Most breakfast cereals
Most breads

Also, simply having calorically dense food will help during this period, e.g., dried fruit like pineapple, mango, berries, etc. or simply dates.

Manna bread is a winner: Organic Bread, Sprouted Bread, Yeast free bread - Manna Organics
-Scott