Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FT Questions....
I use same bar to stretch my triceps
(04-05-2015, 08:18 AM)bigla2004 Wrote: What is everyone's goto exercises to emphasize quad sweep?

I'd try doing this one regularly for your PUMP sets and MR's. Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXNlrHOXw2s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DdGi88Eoks

(04-05-2015, 06:12 PM)crxhybrid85 Wrote: I gotta say, I'm excited to start this up, I really like what has been done with this program.
It was a little hard for me for some reason to figure it out but I think I have a good grasp... I think lol. I sketched out a rough draft of what my two loading set days might look like. Its not set in stone, I may swap some exercises yet, but I think this is very close.

What are your stats right now? Sweep might not be your problem at all. Get huge quads first and then assess where your weak points might be.

Setup looks great.

Yes, getting the quads LARGE first and foremost would be suggestion as first priority. Smile

(04-06-2015, 06:16 AM)mikeland91 Wrote: Hi Scott just a quickie
I work 12 hour shifts and some times train before shift and some times after
Just always wondered what to do with my diet in terms of placeing macros ..
Usually train (if on day off from work or early shift ) after 3 meals wich don't have carbs, I consume all my carbs intra , post and the 2 meals after training .
So if I'm on a 12 hour shift would i have 5 meals before training and after training only have time for my last meal (6) as i get home about 11pm and usually have to be up the next day at 4:30-5am
My question is would I reagange meals
To
Pro/fat
Pro/fat
Pro/cho
Pro/cho
Pro/fat (pre wo)
Intra
Post wo

Or just swap carb meals to fat/pro and just try and take in a lot more carbs after workout (before bed ) the only issue I have with doing it this is I like to stay constitant interms of Marcos and meals
The 12 hour shifts are a pain lol I only do 3 a week the rest are just 6 hour shifts , but I refuse to miss a training day
Sorry to go one

Well, my first thought is that you may be creating a "problem" that needn't be there in that you're trying to train after those long shifts when you have to be up that early in the AM.

Recovery comes from sleep as well as diet, so if you're not sleeping enough after those late day training sessions (and your workouts maybe aren't as good after a long shift) then i'd consider setting up a different training schedule.

Purely from a diet standpoint. I'd simply take those carb-meals that your normally would have post-workout (after a shorter day of work) and make those the morning meals the following day. If you're doing a low volume Tier, the glycogen refilling may not be an issue. E.g., Tthose meals may not be as important if your'e doing Tier I Basic versus Tier III Turbo.)

Another thought if you just absolutely have to train no matter what would be to take the 4 days of FT and split them up so that your'e doing PUMP sets after those long shifts, for instance. (I don't know how your 12 hour shifts are spread out.) This could mean hypothetically that after 12 hour shift you're doing just pump sets. In this case, the meals set that you've outlined above would work.

(NOTE: What you decide to here would be a function of your overall goals, too. I'm presuming you're trying to gain weight, but a lot of people, as with many programs (I've this a good bit with DC training over the years) have fat lose as a primary goal. I this case, the reduce kcal on those 12hr days might work out OK in the big picture.)

-Scott
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(04-07-2015, 12:43 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: I'd try doing this one regularly for your PUMP sets and MR's. Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXNlrHOXw2s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DdGi88Eoks

Setup looks great.

Yes, getting the quads LARGE first and foremost would be suggestion as first priority. Smile

Well, my first thought is that you may be creating a "problem" that needn't be there in that you're trying to train after those long shifts when you have to be up that early in the AM.

Recovery comes from sleep as well as diet, so if you're not sleeping enough after those late day training sessions (and your workouts maybe aren't as good after a long shift) then i'd consider setting up a different training schedule.

Purely from a diet standpoint. I'd simply take those carb-meals that your normally would have post-workout (after a shorter day of work) and make those the morning meals the following day. If you're doing a low volume Tier, the glycogen refilling may not be an issue. E.g., Tthose meals may not be as important if your'e doing Tier I Basic versus Tier III Turbo.)

Another thought if you just absolutely have to train no matter what would be to take the 4 days of FT and split them up so that your'e doing PUMP sets after those long shifts, for instance. (I don't know how your 12 hour shifts are spread out.) This could mean hypothetically that after 12 hour shift you're doing just pump sets. In this case, the meals set that you've outlined above would work.

(NOTE: What you decide to here would be a function of your overall goals, too. I'm presuming you're trying to gain weight, but a lot of people, as with many programs (I've this a good bit with DC training over the years) have fat lose as a primary goal. I this case, the reduce kcal on those 12hr days might work out OK in the big picture.)

-Scott

Thanks so much for the reply Scott
I'm currently running Turbo tier 3
So I def need those carbs lol
The 12 hour shifts for me arnt to much of a problem , they are tough as I work in mental health , but the company are good to me as they support me with my bb , they let me eat every 2.5 hours and even asked if I wanted a few days off in my last prep !
So training (usually in the am tbh ) is not a problem
And I don't notice any strength/intensity loss if I do train after 12 hour shift and feel I do recover v well ( if I do have , say have 3 12 hour shifts in a row il only train only 2 of those ,obv never 2 days in a row ) so what I'm taking away from your answer is if training after 12 hour shift keep carbs out till intra /post and then match the Marcos (carbs) in the first couple of meals the next day that I would usually have in the two meals after pwo meal on days I train at an earlier time of the day ?
Yeah my main goal is it grow and stay lean wich iv got to say with FT is going v well I have gained 6kg and stayed at 8-9% bf since training with FT
Obv there are other elements contributing to this , but I have to say if you do FT right your gonna grow Smile
Hope this all makes sense I tend to ramble lol
Thanks again Scott
(04-07-2015, 02:40 AM)mikeland91 Wrote: Thanks so much for the reply Scott
I'm currently running Turbo tier 3
So I def need those carbs lol
The 12 hour shifts for me arnt to much of a problem , they are tough as I work in mental health , but the company are good to me as they support me with my bb , they let me eat every 2.5 hours and even asked if I wanted a few days off in my last prep !
So training (usually in the am tbh ) is not a problem
And I don't notice any strength/intensity loss if I do train after 12 hour shift and feel I do recover v well ( if I do have , say have 3 12 hour shifts in a row il only train only 2 of those ,obv never 2 days in a row ) so what I'm taking away from your answer is if training after 12 hour shift keep carbs out till intra /post and then match the Marcos (carbs) in the first couple of meals the next day that I would usually have in the two meals after pwo meal on days I train at an earlier time of the day ?
Yeah my main goal is it grow and stay lean wich iv got to say with FT is going v well I have gained 6kg and stayed at 8-9% bf since training with FT
Obv there are other elements contributing to this , but I have to say if you do FT right your gonna grow Smile
Hope this all makes sense I tend to ramble lol
Thanks again Scott

Hey Mike,

Thanks for all the feedback and you're welcome!

As far as this question:

Quote:I'm taking away from your answer is if training after 12 hour shift keep carbs out till intra /post and then match the Marcos (carbs) in the first couple of meals the next day that I would usually have in the two meals after pwo meal on days I train at an earlier time of the day ?

That would be my general answer if you're at Tier III Turbo. You're gonna need the food for sure. It sounds like those 12hr shifts are not entirely under your control, so that generic answer is probably the best.

As you said, the other thing to consider is how you set up your training days during the week relative to the long days, and you seem to have that covered, too. Smile

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Thanks again Scott massive help Smile
Thank you
(04-07-2015, 06:27 PM)mikeland91 Wrote: Thanks again Scott massive help Smile
Thank you

You got it!

-S
-Scott

Hey scott,

dont know if youve answered this before (tried searching 4/5 terms) but whats your reasoning of placing Back before chest on Loading and MR days (which is the opposite of the DC training, unless youd found back then chest better over your time coaching it)
Do you not find your wiped if you do a deadlift variant on loading sets for back? Would this mean deadlifts would be the wrong choice for loading or would you revise the order?

Also with the diet, im going to be trying the approach you recommend in your book after a coming comp im doing: i have a 3-3.5hour window after training before sleeping, how much would you load this window before moving to placing carbs in the night/morning if a person could get down (for theoretical reasons) an unlimited amount of food in this 3 hour window
I suppose this would depend on fat gain possibly so may be an unanswerable question without a few weeks monitoring

cheers
(04-09-2015, 01:04 AM)Coops01 Wrote: Hey scott,

dont know if youve answered this before (tried searching 4/5 terms) but whats your reasoning of placing Back before chest on Loading and MR days (which is the opposite of the DC training, unless youd found back then chest better over your time coaching it)
Do you not find your wiped if you do a deadlift variant on loading sets for back? Would this mean deadlifts would be the wrong choice for loading or would you revise the order?

Well, with DC training back would be the absolute last thing in the workout, so it's before not just chest, but everything else, as well, that comes before back.

I played around with various ways of ordering things and a DC style of ordering things actually does work, too and I do sometimes put chest before Back personally. (I have no issue with someone changing the order of things, TBH.)

The main reason why I go with a more traditional, larger muscle group first kind of order is that I've set up FT to be easier on the CNS in that you're doing fewer failure points for given muscle group. Comparing, let's say, even Tier III Loading sets for Back vs. DC training for back you'd

FT: 2 failure sets (1 each for width and thickness, although if someone just took that very last set to failure, that would be OK. This is a point of variation / customization)

DC: 3 failure points in the RP set with a long ass one in the static (negative), plus 2 balls out failure points on the back thickness exercise. There may be even be a widow maker in there, too, which is a CNS destroyer.

So, you've got more a lot more in the CNS tank on a given day after training back when doing FT compared to DC workout. This means you ought to be able to train chest etc. as well afterwards.

I suspect that if someone feels so crazy taxed after training back that the rest of the workout is suffering that:

1.) He / she is not keeping a few reps in the tank on Loading sets and/or the MRs are not executed with only 1 true failure set and very controlled form, focusing not he targeted muscle group.

2.) He / she may need to drop down a Volume Tier.

Quote:Also with the diet, im going to be trying the approach you recommend in your book after a coming comp im doing: i have a 3-3.5hour window after training before sleeping, how much would you load this window before moving to placing carbs in the night/morning if a person could get down (for theoretical reasons) an unlimited amount of food in this 3 hour window
I suppose this would depend on fat gain possibly so may be an unanswerable question without a few weeks monitoring
cheers

Well if you could get down an unlimited amount of food (just get it in) then probably max out your rate of digestion and still basically be post-prandial (absorbing nutrients) during most of the night, so you could just squeeze all your food in there. The issue there might be gastric regurgitation while sleeping.

I would set up your diet per the intake parameters you want to work with and if you can't fit the amount of post-workout nutrients in the time you have at night, just put them in the meal in the AM.

-S
-Scott

Thanks for answering scott,

Ill just have to make sure that i stick to the book as written (though that was going to be the plan, well actually i was planning to do a few weeks either nothing to fail or do in IC for 2/3 weeks post show, first show so unsure how ill feel or the best way to reverse out,
as you say if I feel wiped from the deads still ill just try the DC order as an option (was planning on Vol tier 2 as im doing a fairly high frequency and high Vol atm

If digesting the nutrients overnight would you then have a slightly increased protein intake during this last meal or do you think the same amount of protein as with other meals (lets say 40g X 6 is the standard) would it be beneficial to say weight the last meal higher in protein as the digestion of the nutrients is happening over a longer period?
(04-09-2015, 06:54 PM)Coops01 Wrote: Thanks for answering scott,

Ill just have to make sure that i stick to the book as written (though that was going to be the plan, well actually i was planning to do a few weeks either nothing to fail or do in IC for 2/3 weeks post show, first show so unsure how ill feel or the best way to reverse out,
as you say if I feel wiped from the deads still ill just try the DC order as an option (was planning on Vol tier 2 as im doing a fairly high frequency and high Vol atm

Post-show training is an entirely different animal and I think you're smart to wing that based on how you're feeling. MR's would be fun b/c you can pick and choose exercises and keep it fresh in the gym.

Quote:If digesting the nutrients overnight would you then have a slightly increased protein intake during this last meal or do you think the same amount of protein as with other meals (lets say 40g X 6 is the standard) would it be beneficial to say weight the last meal higher in protein as the digestion of the nutrients is happening over a longer period?

I'd simply use micellar casein as your protein source. This would probably end up helping you get in plenty of carbs, say as pancakes and a casein protein drink.

(The other option I failed to mention is that you could have a carb/pro shake in the middle of the night, if you're someone who would wake up anyway to pee and having he shake would not disturb your sleep. IF you've not got a mini-fridge, you can make a shake (blended already) and load it with a lot of ice so that it stays cool during the night as the ice melts.)

-S
-Scott